Tree of Savior Forum

Anyone else think dragoon still won't go well?

Because AoE is literally in the term ‘AoE Attack Ratio’. It clear from his 1st paragraph he was talking about attack ratio and not the effective AoE of the skills, even though that sucks for Dragoon too.

Also I really don’t get why you are in a Dragoon thread comparing their skills to a completely different class from a completely different tree that serves a completely different purpose.

Inquis is a burst damage class with high defense ignore and added damage to demons, built to handle large waves of mobs with breaking wheel and be good team synergy vs bosses.

Dragoon is meant to be a consistent DPS class built around taking advantage of debuffs to top the charts, but it falls way short of that goal.

2 Likes

With inquisitor u can clear stage 5 challenge in about 10minutes with mid-tier equipment and using 2(!)skills, can dragoon do it at least in with same time?

And here you represent video with character that have lvl 100 attributes and yet farming in baubas less effectively than my half-naked SR.

And yes, ripper have ignore-defence attribute, but u “suddenly” forgot about it? :slight_smile:

No, I put the returning stuff on my archer character. After 270 we (partying with a healer doing cm’s) farmed up a orange 1h spear which certainly helped a lot but inwas doing great before then too. Melt through the first couple waves of challange modes no problem. But still havnt managed a 5 in awhile.

Maybe I’m off base on how much dmg I should be doing but I’m doing everything in farmed gear from the previous challange modes. I have the 350 mishino? Spear to look forward to in 20 levels, and I imagine my damage will skyrocket then.

Not entirely sure how to link exactly whatbmy build is, but I’m also not using any attributes at all(none of the lvl 100 ones), my card slots are mostly empty and I’m sure I’m doing something else wrong.

So far my hoplite>dragoon>cata has been amazing, and since I’ve got the bonus mounted speed and the earth wave or whatever to knockback enemies it’s taken another step forward.

It seems perfectly viable to me. But like I said, maybe it’s just because I’m out of touch with how much damage I should be doing.

But my swordie was comparable (comparable damage, but much more survivability) damage with my ranger>fletcher archer class that I have when they were at a similar level.

Update, after being stuck with just one other person in the 330 dung I’ve decided the sp usage of the class is just unacceptable. I’ve tried swapping dragoon out for barbarian because everyone seem to think that’s a great choice. But not with cata, all the damaging skills unmount you, which none of the dragoon skills did. I’d go lancer, but only have access to 1h spears for now.
But once I get a decent 2h spear I’m probably going to give hop>lancer>cata a go.

So perhaps dragoon isnt as viable as I was thinking. But compared to the botched dungeon run I just ran with my gimped hop>barb>cata build the dragoon wasnt bad at all.

Sure but any class can do that. Just being a Swordsman gives you 5 knock downs on 1 skill. Lancer itself has Rhongomiant and a 30% chance to KD with auto attacks. There is limits to those, so I doubt you can just take Barbarian and Frenzy + Auto an enemy to death however that’s a lot.

Dragoon offers it’s own CC, 10 seconds of Snare.

How much do you really need, especially for a class that ignores this much defense.

No, not as easy as cata.
I fight vs a lot of swordman and aside from rodeleros infinite silence the cata knocks are the ones that is harder to counter (I guess some sort of desync is happening cuz you get stuck in the knocks), idk if it’s just bad gameplay from other swords but they don’t knock me with Bash that easily, maybe because the skill area and animation time are different.
The difference of hold and knock is that you can’t fight back while knocked, when on the 5s of Dethrone’s hold I can easily counter the Dragoon trying to damage me, ignoring defense isn’t that big of a deal when they need to come really close to hit.

1 Like