Tree of Savior Forum

Anybody around who knows stuff about Lithuania?

Started playing this game today, because staff about Lithuanian culture and mythology. It´s kinda funny. But as Lithuanian I got a lot of questions… main being how North Koreans got idea to make game connected with Lithuania. it looks like they made some research but location names often baffles me. Any Lithuanians around?

1 Like

im not a lithuanian, but what do you mean by north korea? ‘w’?

why they chose lithuanian myth may be because european mythology is synonymous to high fantasy.

there is also this common habit on role playing games that they include wing cosmetics, the polish-lithuanian hussars fits nicely for this feature.

anyway, while the game is heavily influenced from lithuanian mythology, it is still a work of fiction, so some names and stories are not directly canon to the source material. much like how ragnarok online is based from norse mythology yet has a different fictional story of their own.

location names such as klaipeda and orsha are the two main cities of the game, though i think as the player progress, some of the further locations are based from other places other than lithuania

i hope you enjoy your stay in the game.

3 Likes

They’re South Koreans, not North Koreans… North Korea doesn’t make video games ‘-’ (if they do, they probably only do them for their supreme leader x)

They wanted their game to be a bit different and not just be just one of the many current existing MMOs, which is why they took most of their inspiration from the lithuanian mythology, decided on this character pov, to hand-draw the game, not use much 3D, etc…
But TOS isn’t only based on Lithuanian mythology. It’s a mix of mythology and places from seriously all around the world, so that’s why the names all have different origins.
I think the idea is that the main story line (the Tree and Goddesses) is based on lithuanian mythology, while the world is a mix of all kinds of mythologies, real world places, religions, “classes”, and so on~

1 Like

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i forgot to ask if you happen to understand the lyrics of this song OAO

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.