Tree of Savior Forum

Any Tips, Trick and Guide for swordsman (Highlander)?

So, i’m planning to create a swordman this time… I wanted to go on a DPS or maybe an All-rounder

The Classes are :

Swordmaster > Highlander C3 > Squire C3

I’m imagining some sort of honourable knight or sort of it with this build lol :laughing:

Anyway, i was thinking maybe it is better if i take Squire up to C2 and take Dragoon for the last circle (to have extra dps anyway) :confused:

and i realized that weapon swap are available only in Swordmaster C2 above… which make me wonder shoud i take Swordman C2 to be able to use spear ?

for the stat allocation i’m going to spend like 3 STR : 2 DEX : 1 CON (an all rounder build, since i will do much solo)
based on [Guide] Swordsman’s Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

the skills are :
[Swordsman C1]
Gung Ho : Level 5
Concentration : Level 5
Pain Barrier : Level 5

[Highlander C3]
Wagon Wheel : Level 1
Cartar Stroke : Level 1
Crown : Level 1
Crossguard : Level 2
Moulinet : Level 10
Skyliner : Level 10
Cross Cut : Level 10
Skull Swing : Level 5
Vertical Slash : Level 5

[Squire C3]
Arrest : Level 15
Repair : Level 1
Weapon Enchant : Level 10
Armor Maintenance : Level 4
Base Camp : Level 5
Refreshment Table : Level 10

Please lend me your guidance :confounded: any tips, suggestion an opinion are welcome

Yeah i read the cathexis’s guide (the one in the link i shared above) but couldn’t understand in depth about the classes :confused: (highlander especially). But still, Thank you Cathexis for creating the guide.

So, to sum everything up (in case you’re confused reading what i write above :disappointed_relieved:)

1. Please give me an enlightment for a DPS or All-rounder Build (prefered an Allrounder Build tho) that having Highlander class as its core (Having a Highlander C3 to be precise) and a bit of Squire

2. If I take the Dragoon classes, does it mean i have to take Swordmaster up to C2 for the Weapon Swap ?

3. A suggestion, maybe tips also about my build (tips about combo sequence of skills are highly welcomed)

4. About the Crossguard skill, do you actually can block all physical damage with it ? like the tanking class that block using its shield (dunno which one tho)

Im can only give you some basic information since im not “veteran” enough as a swordman

1. Squire is a money-making class, don’t have any dps skill. Don’t go Squire. Highlander usually pair with Doppelsoeldner (and 1 rank of Barbarian if we have Cleave debuff like ktos). Sw1>High3>Bar1>Doppel2 for full dps or Sw1>Pelt1>High2>Bar1>Doppel2 for allrounder (not sure about the latter build)

2. All rank 2 class can learn weapon swap, no need to go sword 2. I think Highlander and Dragoon might work (Cross Guard increase Pierce damage) but … shouldn’t go with complicate path as newbie (swap weapon is quite annoying too)

3. Cross Guard can block physic attack if the block amount is enough. You can’t block a 1000 damage atk with only 100 block, something like that

Sadly, this build will not give you the “Knight” vibe at all :joy: since this build focus on 2h sword

By the way weapon swap don’t make you abble to use spears, it only makes you abble to have two sets of weapons which you can fast switch with a shortcut.
You need it if you want to switch between two handed sword and spear / two handed spear based on your build.
And like Atamazon said, you don’t need sword c2 for the attribute since every Rank2 class have it. ^^

For Squire Sw-Pel-Hop-Cata-Squire3 Best imo

Cross Guard makes the attacker UNABLE TO MOVE AFTER A SUCCESSFUL BLOCK. You might want to max it.