Tree of Savior Forum

Any newbies's Guide about Classes, Rank and Skills?

Hello everyone…

I been excited about this game for a long time, but I have never played RO and, here in the forums, it seems that most people know about the class, rank and skills system. So, does anyone know a guide for starters about those topics?

Thank you in advance :smile:

Edit: I’m sorry if this is a repeated topic, but I got some questions like:

• If I stay in a lower Rank, do I get a benefit?
  • Do I always have to level to the max rank of the class?
  • Do I get skill points per level?
  • Whats the max lvl cap at the moment?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1. No.
  2. No. You can choose to be a different class for every rank up.
  3. You get 1 skill point per class level.
  4. I’m not sure at the moment.
  1. You do not get any benefit from not advancing to a new rank. The class levels are capped at 15.
  2. No, you can choose to go into circle 2 or circle 3 of a class, or choose between 2 other classes.
  3. Yes
  4. CBT cap is 200.

ToSBase is the best resource IMO we have at the moment since the international beta has not started yet and we only have information about Korean CBT2. I myself just learned about Ranks, Classes, and Skills by reading up on ToSBase as well as looking at tons of youtube videos. Just type in Tree of Savior gameplay in youtube and click some random stuff.

To answer your questions:

• Staying in a rank gives you better skills in that rank and higher damage output from the current skills you have so if you like the skills you have, or want the skills in later circles (staying in the same rank increases circle number so R1C1 -> R1C2 or R2C1 etc.), stay in the same rank and you will get those skills (use ToSBase as I’ve said and you can see those skills in the simulator.
  • You have to max level of the class to upgrade to next rank or circle always. The max level is 15.
  • 15 skill points per rank so 1 per level
  • Level cap should be 200 in CBT3 but Rank level I’m not sure.
2 Likes

Welcome Antarex, check out Tosbase’s class builder:

Take into account that they will change and balance almost everything before the final version. I don’t see any benefit for staying at a lower rank, and if you want to “change” or “upgrade” to another class (Instead of going archer again, you go Ranger for example) you need to spend all your skill points.

Not sure about lvl cap or points per lvl. Cheers mate

Thank you guys, I like that this community is so helpful and understanding. Hope you guys get a betakey :smile:

Hey @Antarex!

You can visit the Skill Simulator, a great tool to check possibilites to your build and gather partial info about skills (because we don’t have all numbers yet to help us here). You just have to click class name to start creating. :stuck_out_tongue:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.