Tree of Savior Forum

Any intention of using a more organized forum package?

The forum format is really bad compared to some other formats like vBulletin or phpBB (I am a personal fan of vBulletin, it’s clean, customizable, and very easy to navigate and admin). These allow you to create sub-forums where you can consolidate topics (ie, Help/Technical Issues subforum, General subforum, Translation subforum, etc). It makes it much easier to navigate and isn’t just one huge list of people posting in random topics.

Any plans to switch to a more standard format? This format seems fine for a smaller group of people (like the Github Translation people), but as an official forum I feel like it would be really hard for admins to see important issues as they get mixed in with the more general discussions.

P.S. - Another good side effect of using a standard forum format is that users don’t have to use their emails to login (they have to register a separate account) which helps with privacy issues, you just need an email to register and that’s it. I also believe you can customize the forums more heavily.

I support this. Creating sub-forums seems to be a must. I admit I’m a bit overwhelmed by all these threads mixed together.

Just so you know, this forum engine is called Discourse, you can read more about it on their homepage.

If you want to see a more familiar view of the forum, you can go to the categories section.

1 Like

As a web developer myself, I really recommend to use more packed forums software, such as phpBB (as it is free) or InvisionFree or vBulletin (paid). They are highly customizable and even newbies can use them easily. Another free forums software that I recommend is MyBB, but it is highly unlikely for ToS to choose free softwares right? XD

Discourse (the engine they are using) is Open Source so it’s free too.

1 Like

I like this. This is new and gucci. I’m sick of seeing every game use the same forum, but I guess it could do with subforums. :turtle:

These emotes are so fun. :corn:

Maybe you are getting confused because the main page is actually the [Latest] page, which will show you all the forum’s new topics.

The categories is this one, which I also agree for this to be the main page when you access the forum
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/categories

This forum is easy to use, IMC just have to change some stuff. Btw, it is forum’s first day online.

would be nice make Lounge sub forums, spanish lounge, fr lounge, etc

I agree, the forum aesthetics on this site are really unorganized. Even enjin forums look nicer than this.

You have just to click on ‘‘Categories’’ to organize forum topics, easy to use~ Simple but very attractive imo, as @Huenato said, it’s the first day online of the forum, we’ll see the progress in the future

I actually think this is way more intuitive, streamlined and much better than phpBB and vBulletin.

You can click categories to see the common forum style you may be used to, and the real time notifications are great.

It even notifies me if I’m on a separate tab if someone replies directly to me.

1 Like

It does take a bit getting used to but I think it can become great with some modifications.

I suppose it is in the baby stages at the moment, but improvement is always good and the suggestions so far have been great

3 Likes

I agree. That section should become the main page as it’ll look more organized and neat.