Tree of Savior Forum

Any decent farming build for Alchemist c3?

Basically the title. Got an Alchemist c3 and I want to be able to farm somewhat comfortably with her and go into dungeons without feeling embarrassed. Used to do it with Pyro2 Linker but since the (deserved) nerf to Fireball-Agny-Link it’s fairly harder to consistently kill groups of enemies or contribute to a party.

Thought about using Chrono and Thauma and go full support so I could join parties at least, but the good Chrono support abilities are on circle 2 and 3, which are incompatible with Alchemist C3. Thauma 2 doesn’t really add anything useful either. So yeah, I don’t know what a decent build for farming would look like, got any help?

I feel like Alchemist got the worst deal of all “vendor” classes since you pretty much need it at circle 3 to have a decent shop or make good pots and that means you are opting out of the last three ranks and have to rely on rank 5 and under for anything, be it damage or support.

Pyro 2 Thauma 2 Alch 3.

I haven’t tested combustion yet, still need points, but Alchemist Missile does hit hard.

You can go Full SPR since you will be relying on Buffs (EF, SLA and SRA) + a good weapon with some nice blue gems in it.

if you feel your HP is lacking get some CON, I find 30 pretty good.

For pyro skills, max EF and Fire Pilar for a small CC, the rest doesn’t matter much, they all feel kind useless. Some like Flare, it indeed hit hard but you depend on burning stats, so FG would do the trick, but it also require you to be close to the target.

In Thauma, the usual, max both arms and swell body the rest is up to you.

Thanks!

It hits kinda hard, but has poor range, no overheat, long CD, low aoe ratio and while the attribute to spend 200 silver instead of needing an item on the ground is pretty neat, if there’s an item on the ground it will blow up wherever the item is instead of where you want it to deal damage; so it’s kinda meh, for me at least.

Do thaumaturge buffs scale off SPR now too? That build sounds nice then.

By the way, if I remember correctly (did some tests yesterday but my build sucked and couldn’t pay attention properly to what was going on), Flare is not limited to enemies afflicted by the specific Burn debuff and it also works on any enemy inside one of your AoEs (because they apply a debuff to enemies on them), so it would work on enemies in Fire Pillar or Fire Wall. Gonna test that later and come back with something about it.

Thauma and Pyro buffs do scale from both INT and SPR, but get SPR since you can maintain your SP up for longer.

As long as the enemies are under burn status, doesn’t matter what source, it work even with Ignition burn stats, it will hit the enemies.

Ah, I see. The way it’s worded I expected it to only work with the kind of burn debuff that Fireball applies (not tied to being inside an area of effect), so that’s why I thought that was “news”.

There is only one burn effect as far as I know, but they are graphically different, the one from Incinerration, FB and Ignition are the same, you see the dot on the enemy after taking a hit, the gold one is from Prominence (I think it is in this one, if not it’s the same as FB debuff), FG and FP are instant ones, so when the skill fade, the burning too fade.

But both are usable by Flare.

I have the same doubt about alchemist, but I came up with a kinda crazy build… Actually makes sense “on paper”, but I’m not sure if it can be called good. I also have to point out that I don’t have a good weapon to tell if this build can do good dmg, I’m still relying on a five hammer with 5 lvl 5 red gem, so not a very steady dmg output.

wiz->cryo->linker->thaum->elem->alch3

• Combo
    Joint Penalty->Hangman’s Knot->Swell Body->Freeze->Electrocute
    Joint Penalty->Hangman’s Knot->Swell Body->Prominence/Alchemist Missle

• Pros
    Joint Penalty attribute gives 50% dmg to lightning dmg
    Electrocute attribute gives 100% dmg on freezed enemies
    Almost every cryo 1 skill can freeze enemies, which leads to 50% increase dmg from lightning
    Link 1 can link 5 enemies, Thaum 1 can swell 5 enemies and Electrocute can hit 4 enemies 5 times(if I’ve read right)
    Hail and Prominence are good skills to help out into dg

• Cons
    Only 2 seconds on hangman’s knot is not enough to finish the combo, so any mob which resist your freeze could hit you and break the Electrocute cast
    Actually, things hitting you is the biggest problem in this build, because almost all of the dmging skills have cast time.

[Edit] - Added a link to the build.

1 Like

i tried wiz 2>linker2> thaum 1>alc 3.
It works even at level 300+ mobs. Can farm uosis at rasvoy lake and solo grind levels but is unable to farm hunting grounds.
The build centers around JP>hangman’s knot>alchemist missile or combustion.

Swell body should only be used on mobs of 20+ levels below you. This is due to character being too slow at charging alc missile or positioning yourself in time for hangman’s knot aoe def ratio debuff to not run out.

This build lacks single target dps and so you will struggle with bosses.And its over dependance on linker’s JP makes it a bit less usable at high level.

1 Like

Combustion deals good damage for what it was before, without any atribute points on damage i was hitting 14~20k with 2300matk, however maxing combustion may hurt your build (if u want some specific “money making” skills). Im going to do some test with a level 1 combustion to see how it does.

As for builds, i tested a pyro3> wiz2> alch build focused on hell breath, pretty standard but not the best one, im about to test pyro2> thau2> alch to see how it does.

P.S. If u take pyromancer flare its a MUST, its their strongest skill and it triggers with flame ground and fire pillar, I ended putting 1 point on flame ground just for flare, and fire pillar its always useful even at 1 because of the CC efect that it has. Will share my results when i test thau2.

2 Likes

while combustion is fun to play, be noted that latest KTOS patch just nerfed it with maximum 3 explosion.

ive only used 1 explosion to kill mobs via the 200 silver attribute. This nerf is meant for people diging 15 items and using combustion to 1 shot bosses