Tree of Savior Forum

Another Opinion on Blessed Cubes, Exchange Shop, and Costumes

So if I am correct, a lot of the costumes in the TP shop are being removed and are coming back in Blessed cubes which cost 30TP. A handful of these costumes were already around 50TP. (So if you are like me and couldn’t get other costumes before then, you are screwed. Sorry I think this is really messed up.) You will have to buy a handful of cubes in order to randomly get stuff, and exchange them for costumes you actually want that are at a higher exchange coin price then what they were with TP. Or you get VERY lucky and get what you want.

I recently talked about a similar experience in another thread. When playing Dungeon Fighter Online when it was published by Nexon, I had to buy NX to basically put coins into a machine to get random avatars. If you didn’t get what you want, you could trade or buy it from markets or auctions. DFO does not do this in America anymore (and is not with Nexon, yay.) Players can choose all the avatars they want at considerable cash prices, and I have to say, the dev makes a hell of a lot of money off of it. Players WILL choose to buy cosmetic things if they are cool enough, even if they already own others. It can inspire them to make new characters, or change looks to existing ones.

With that said, I still don’t think the blessed cube or exchange shop will be a good idea further into the future of the game. These types of items and systems will only benefit people who have the money to spend all the time, and are just LUCKY. Other players will just get screwed, and will have to pay a higher price because they got a chain of low quality items to exchange. Most of the players from what I have read do not trust this feature, and say they will not put any money into it.

The exchange store seems to be a main aspect that would give good cash flow to the devs, and if costumes are tradeable, would also make the economy active to some extent. But the popular cool items would just bloat in price. I really do think the game, players, and IMC would be much better off letting players buy and pick what they WANT. And as more costumes are released, players will buy them and other types of items if they really want them. As it stands, will players be willing to fork over cash for cubes, and tokens, and companions, and other items?? Sounds like you’d have to whale it out, or just focus on cosmetic or the vip service.

Further more on the cubed costumes, it can screw over IMC even more if they are tradable; because if they are flooding the markets, or it is easy to find someone who has it, people will just say “no don’t use cash, just go to the auction, or find someone who has it.” But we all want them to be tradeable right?

I thought that schoollook costume for the swordsmen was really pimpin so I’ll be honest, probably gonna break a few cubes. I REALLY don’t want to support that, nor should I, or any other players. I truthfully think IMC should reconsider using blessed cubes, and the exchange shop, AND other items. Go back to the way the shop was, where you get to choose any costume you want, with TP, or trading if available. Also, I’d love to get a freakin pet penguin to ride. It seems like the best mount after Yoshi, but that’s 30bucks…Now we have to fork over even more cash because of the forbidden RNG…

Phew,

Any other thoughts?

1 Like

That’s the point. They know there isn’t one, except if we could get a copy/paste of ktos/jtos and the same treatment as them, but no, so now it’s time to milk til the last drop and close the gates.