Tree of Savior Forum

Another Cryomancer C3 post >.<

Hey everyone, I know there are a bunch of these cryo c3 threads going around and I read the majority of them, but I was wondering if people would be willing to give me some input on how I should build my character.

So, first off I’m currently Wizard C1 > Cryomancer C3 and I’m thoroughly enjoy it. I want to make a character that has supportive abilities, but is not completely dependent on party play. I really like how the linker plays, so if possible, I was going to try to incorporate that class into my build.

I mainly PvE, but also want to be viable in PvP. I know I won’t be the most optimal build, but I at least want to know I can contribute a fair amount.

I was thinking possibly

with some R7 class, still debating between warlock and featherfoot. Trying to determine which will be better at PvE/PvP (though I hear a lot of bad things about FF). However, I’m thinking the linker synergy with FF might make it okay.

I’m wondering if that build I listed above with R7 warlock/FF will be good enough damage wise. I know it won’t be top tier though.

Alternatively, I was also thinking of going:

But I’m not sure how viable leaving chronomancer at C1 would be. Essentially I would be taking it for the stop/slow debuffs to help out in party play and move on to a damage R7 again between Warlock and FF.

Lastly, I was thinking of adding Runecaster as the R6 for the extra damage component in cryomancer, but I’m curious if the rune caster buffs are considered rank 1 or rank 2, cause I don’t want my buffs to be overwritten by another class’ buffs.

TL;DR: For W1>C3>L1> (?) >(?) what would be a good option for a rank 6 and 7 class?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this, I really appreciate it!

Concerning the first build, you should consider picking rune caster instead of linker (Ice-wall + PP + Ice rune will give you huge power spikes for pve), and i would advise you to put less point in Ice bolt and more in Ice wall.
Warlock is ok in term of dps if you’d go int instead of full con (like Cryo full support), it will be all about your stat distribution. Swap / Tree and warlock’s pole are great synergie. Featherfoot seems a bit behind, didn’t have enough feedback to make a statement about it (if any featherfoot player could add some informations…).
For the second build, chrono start to shine at c2, so… i would suggest you to pick C2 chrono instead of linker if you really want it, but c1 would not be useful enough compared to a rank6-7 class :frowning:

Hey thanks for the response @Zultark . I was considering dropping linker for rune caster as well, but I feel like you lose a lot of supportive capabilities without linker. I constantly see people looking to grind with linkers, and in my experience with dungeons (although only the first two), linkers would increase the damage of the party more than rune caster would. Well I guess that would depend if there were any other cryomancers in the party.

Concerning picking chrono C2 over linker, I feel like then I would be forced into chronomancer C3 with how awesome pass would be, but then I would be playing a full support build and have to completely rely on party play, which is something I’m trying to avoid. But if that means C1 Chronomancer isn’t worth speccing into, thats good to know :).

I would also advice against going C1 chrono. If you want chrono you go C3 chrono or not chrono at all.

Possible classes you can use with cryo are psychokino or elementalist (electrocute), but if you really want C3 cryo and linker go c2 linker and warlock. Runecaster is really bad, because the skills have quite a long castime.

Usually C3 cryo only works good with instant/channeling skills or support skills, because you want always wizard C3 for cast time spells.

Alright I guess the Chrono 1 build is off the table. Yeah I’m not liking rune caster without W3, so I think its looking like Cryo C3 > Linker C1 > Psychokino C1> Warlock C1.

I’ve done a lot of reading and most people are saying Linker C2 is kind of a waste

Yeah linker 2 is kind of a waste i guess, btw i read that warlock C1 is atm really underpowered, but will be better with rank 8/9.