Tree of Savior Forum

An advice to a newbie wizard

So… my main class in ToS right now is fletcher, i’m a 217 Fletcher as i write this, since i became a fletcher i noticed that i would spend huge loads of silver into SP potions, and as i predicted it is happening, right now i spend about 15 SP potions per hour in alemeth forest in order to put up my damage as i should, this might not seen a lot but overall i think i already spent something around 150k in HP and SP potions only… I’m planing on doing a wizard as my secondary character and i was wondering if it is really worth it to do an alchemist or if i should do something more fun like e Trauma-Chrono, Cryo-Link, Cryo-Chrno or even Wiz-Ele, just wanted to hear from the alchemists if it really pays off to do so, because damage and utility wise alchemist seens to be useless, i mean, even squires have high utility in the parties, they will tank and repair your equips, which is great, so well, just wanted to hear from you guys, what do you think? Alchie or something else as my secondary?

Alche is not a secondary char, it is a char you do just to save money. It is extremly boring and a huge pain to lvl up beyond lvl 200. I made one because I spend around 40-50 pots of mana per hour, if you are looking for something fun to play, this is not the right class.

You can make a Linker 3 and be accepted into any party you want without spending a single silver on SP potions and still make your Alchemist.

15 SP potions is not a lot if you are spamming skills, you get more than that on silver on that one hour from killing those mobs. Any DPS build will spend SP potions, some Support builds can have little SP consumption, such as Linkers (which has really only 1 function, 1 skill with low CD) or Chronos (high duration buffer).

I’m a player since launch, lvl230+ alchemist with a paladin Lv230+ as main.

• If you’re going wiz, have a clearly defined path. Are you a DPS? a utility? a crafter?. Pick one and stick to it, there are several guides out there to help you pick your class.

• If you plan on taking alchemist to earn, your heavily mistaken. Alchemist at the moment are a for-funsies class, you will not earn great profit nor save sp potions from using alchemist. As an example a DPS can earn 300k an hour at mid levels whilst an alchemist would be happy earning at least half that amount 150k an hour. Also, my alchemist uses on average 50SP pot per hour on grinding Sorc1. (PS: I’d be more than happy that you prove to me that alchemists make at least 300k an hour, assuming you have an alchemist rank2)

• If you plan on being an alchemist, feel free to join the public alchemist community discord. And we’ll be happy to answer questions you may have.

~~Dragonfang (Klaipeda)