Tree of Savior Forum

Allowing Direct Player Item Transactions with silver, while still restricting RMT

This is not complaining about trade restrictions.

This idea will also only work alongside a similar party loot sharing system, since without it it would create several issues that the community would be highly against.

Context: A few minutes ago, I read a post by a person who was scammed while trying to buy an item from a player. Since silver is unable to be traded, the person purchased a random item posted by the seller from the AH, then attempted to trade the item. The post claimed he was scammed. Whether he was scammed or not is not the purpose of this suggestion. Rather, it got me thinking about trying to sell an item to someone you know for a normal price.

Putting the item up on the market means it is visible to everyone in the server, meaning someone else could buy it. You could argue that the person could just buy any one of those items in the market, but that has several issues of its own. Your item might have a gem, it might be enhanced, you might have crafted it and given it a tag or it could just be extremely popular like the Arde Daggers that the bots keep hoarding. Add to the fact that it only appears after 30 minutes to 2 hours, there is no guarantee the person could get it.

My solution is to repurpose the min/max restriction to 1:1 trades. Currently, there are people complaining that the min/max system is preventing an item’s price from properly dropping through high supply. It would render players unable to price their equip with a suitable overhead cost if the equip was enhanced or enchanted. I believe the 48 hour time limit on retrieving silver from the market already does its job preventing RMT, however if I am wrong and the min/max system is indeed needed, please inform me otherwise.

Instead, min/max would be employed in 1:1 trading, where it is currently abused by gold sellers by transferring expensive equipment for the buyer to sell for silver. It would prevent one sided transactions and RMT, while allowing items to be purchased with silver.

It stops RMT because an RMT transaction is almost always a one sided transaction. The seller receives real money instead of anything from in game.

More than one item being traded would cause the min/max system to take the total min/max of both items. This would apply for both sides of the trade. Once the two sides are within a reasonable price of each other, the trade would be allowed.

If an above average item needs to be traded, the market can be used for it. The demand for these items is not as high as regular items, so there is a lower chance of the item being sniped by a stranger. Alternatively, after enough transactions, the min/max system could be modified to allow headroom for these items based on the approximated worth of the additional stats.

This would help prevent in-game scamming, increasing the level of player trust and thus improving the community as a whole.

we already had someone propose this. it’s a terrible idea.

most basic problem:

working in a party, and i deliberately want to make an “unfair” trade… because something dropped for me, that is useless to me, but highly desirable to another member of the party. i want to gift the item to them, BUT I CAN’T, because now they “have to” pay a reasonable market value for an item.

alternately: i am a long time experienced player. i’ve been in the game for several years, way back since that messy “Exclusive Access” release (lol). but i finally convinced my friend to come and try the game after all these years, because the other game he was playing finally got boring/shut down/is full of bots/whatever. being obscenely rich, after years of playing, and having bank after bank full of “nice things” i want to be generous and give him a pile of silver, just to get started, so he can buy some nice Skill Attributes, and make repairs and such. BUT I CAN’T, because they have no way to offer something of equivalent value, because they literally started 15 minutes ago.

please give up on all these “fixes”, because they aren’t fixing things, just making -different- problems, none of which are going to stop RMT anyway.

Which is why I specifically mentioned

This idea will also only work alongside a similar party loot sharing system, since without it it would create several issues that the community would be highly against.

Also your proposal of giving him free stuff isn’t one IMC will see as an important argument. Playing an MMO involves working for yourself instead of constantly getting carried. The early game isnt hard. Earning silver isn’t hard. Items NPC for plenty of silver for you to afford low level upgrades and attributes. By the time these cost anywhere near too much, your friend will already be getting rewards from the level 50 dungeon.

Please read my idea in full before dismissing it.

He is trying to give a solution to the trade system, yours is a drop RNG problem. You should be able to understand and split both since they require different solutions.

But again, if the item you want drops in the PARTY YOU ARE IN, a new solution could simple reroll the item, this idea is already known to the community.

1 Like

Wrong, simple as that.

1 Like