Tree of Savior Forum

Allow us to skip main quests but get the stat points

When you already have a lot of characters, quests get more and more boring…and annoying finally. First with new chars you just start to stop doing the blue side quests…then you barely have the power to do the main quests either or you don’t even do them but then you don’t get the stat rewards (even if it isn’t much it is still annoying to not have )… It just starts to become a torture after some time. Especially where you are overlevelled by a lot on the maps.

I wanted to suggest this a long time ago but now that you even included the main quests to unlock legendary card slot and also we are getting some rewards for it from Vaivora… I was hesitating…but as you see I still think it is the better choice.

So mainly the suggestion is:

• If you did the main quests on 1 character that would open an option for your other chars maybe at Vaivora to skip storylines 1 by 1 just like you can get gifts from them. ( So not actual quests 1 by 1 but storylines like mage tower or crystal mine etc. just like how the gifts work now…)

• When you skip a storyline you wouldn’t get the exp cards from it and the gifts from Vaivora but you would get the stat points and maybe titles if there is… that it gives when you normally finish them.

• Edit: I think it is obvious but of course if you skip main quests it would count for the Legendary card slot opening thing… ( I didn’t rly care about it yet tbh so I don’t know the exact way of opening legendary card slot and stuff…but if it rly builds only just on the main quests maybe it could be revised a bit… just don’t over-complicate something that you should do with all your characters )

It is important tho that it would be an option/choice so you could do them if you want to… or want the exp cards… or now I can say if you want a reward from Vaivora from a storyline.

I know we don’t have that much content and these things help slow us down but even now I don’t rly like to do the quests again on my 8th+ char so… … … and hopefully eventually you will come up with some life content that we can do instead anyway.

yeah, just give people who have 40 characters even more free benefits.

No. Stat points are a quest reward meant to recompense people for their time spent on the quest-lines.

Having more characters means more investment. And it’s not as if the team characters are all at the same game status.
What I’d rather want to see is a change that allows the team to visit all maps you’ve unlocked for warping.
That is a change that actually makes sense, but if that isn’t even allowed, how are you supposed to justify skipping the main quest?

And it’s not as if the quest lines are as exhausting as e.g. Dragon Nests questlines which require you to clear a lot of instanced dungeons just for a few extra EXP.
It’s pretty easy to finish them over the course of one weekend. Sure, it’s not very efficient time-wise, but you can still level up while doing it.

About the legendary card slot:
There is ± no chance in hell for non-committed people to have more than 1 legendary card to begin with.
Unlocking it after getting a 2nd legendary card takes way less time-commitment than getting the card itself.

As you stated, the extra stat points are not necessary and thus should remain as a per-character reward for those who take the time to clear them with their characters one by one.

If it feels gruesome and boring, it clearly shows that you are spending too much time on too many characters, which is not supposed to happen (it sounds more like an addiction rather than casual gameplay).

I have 14 characters in total, but most of them are shops/crafting slaves, so I don’t bother doing the quests with them as it’s a hassle and waste of time.

3 Likes

sounds fine for 5+ characters acc, but i m doing this quests in fine time and dont need it, i like this game and questing for stats instead of grinding for items is my occasionally choice

2 Likes

Because noone rly replied since I posted it I guessed it is not a popular idea and I get what you mean but I still don’t agree…

I think my point of view also comes from another game where it was allowed because there were so many other things to do that you may wouldn’t want to do quests again… So maybe for some it seems like a totally heretic thing while for me it seems totally okay and fine…

…and I rly hope ToS gets there too… to have more and more features… more exciting ones than repeating main quests…

I have less than 14 characters yet btw… :smiley: I will still make more and more maybe because that’s what i enjoy the most in the game… to make different builds and enjoy them… i also tried to build up my crafting classes in a way that I enjoy soo… yeah :crazy_face:

I still focus mainly on one character because it is already hard to make all your characters viable… and that’s also why I don’t find it necessary to force on the characters those main quests if they want those few stat points.

Also I never touched on hidden quests… what are much more horrible than main quests and I do think those should remain as it is and in my opinion that should be the thing you are talking about not main quests… It even takes the extra hassle purpose more perfectly because they give different stats so you can even choose with your chars which one you do and which one you don’t… but the main quests… those for me seems totally unnecessary boredom and as you said “hassle and waste of time”

On the other hand I just had another idea I interested in if you would like that more. My main problem with main quests is not mainly the hassle actually but that they are boring after a time and also your character is totally overlevelled because of your team level on lower level main quests… what makes it feel like even more a slave-work than anything else…

So what if there would be a quest-meter instead… We have so many side quests anyway that are rly almost never touched again when you already did them. So instead of main quests giving the stats it would rather be how many quests you did and there could be a cap what would be similar of doing the main quests now… So instead of doing the same quests again and again and again you could choose what quests you want to do…and the quest meter would count it and when you reach enough you get stat points. Does that sound better or still no? XD

Yes that’s another issue and I already was thinking about it… I’m just partly lazy with my suggestions and also not sure what would be the best solution.
Why it got a bit complicated is because now we have warp shops… and I wouldn’t want to take away even that little income from them when you first visit a map to tag the statue.

So I think in a way Sages should be included in the solution for that.

So one of my ideas is that there could be an option at the sage shops to warp to places that either the sage visited already…or your team… I think that would be fine.

see warps visited just once in all characters would be better for me, but sages would lose tons of silver
block ppl from having multiple steam accounts to play tos would be my true dream :smiley:
but there is 1 think in all ths stats points collecting:
we have a lot of statues with bonus stat points, i got a squire, but even for me visiting all this places and build camps 60 times for other characters sounds hardcore :D…

So is making more than 3 or 4 characters you actually feel are good enough to go min/max’ing on stats.

Not only I’m against giving the stat points to those who don’t do the quests, but I’d like to see areas unreachable until the quests are completed. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Slightly I understand why are you against it and I accept if the majority thinks this way… but I still say the quests are super boring when you already did them ( but let’s be honest most of the parts are not too exciting for the first time either ) and too much time consuming so I’m not rly sure why are you clinging to them so much.

I also don’t get the hate against multiply characters and why it is so bad if you have more than one strong character… depending on your build they won’t be that strong with maxed out stats either anyway… or without proper gear…

On the other hand I see the whole game and what it could be from a different aspect than you I guess. I like that we have a TEAM… and as a TEAM I don’t rly get as you said that why do we have to tag all the statues again and again with every character… but I also think of quests like that… I rather think it is weird. Actually it would make more sense to me if all quests would be just 1 time/team… but I didn’t want to go that far.

I also thought when we got orsha and we lived in that time when you could choose where to start that at least the characters will be limited to only do 1 of the storylines…but no… that was a big mistake imo. It would be already much more refreshing if I could choose to do the klaipeda storylines sometimes and orsha ones the other times…

Now orsha is deleted from the starting town options…and they once said they may do something else with it… so even they feel like that part became too much. I don’t know tho if they still have plans with it because it was so long ago…

Well… whatever… I don’t rly say it can’t be as it is but for me it is not good. I rather would see a more flexible non-repetitive game and those quests are in the way in my eyes for that too. I wouldn’t mind if it would be even more team based…but how I understand you do.

That’s quite different tho. It doesn’t make any difference between characters power-wise. I wouldn’t even have to do it with all my chars if I don’t feel like they are suitable for it.

Well,places unlockable with questlines already exist (e.g. the newly-introduced Velcoffer Nest), and I surely could see how going to new places could be restricted by quests to be honest.

Tree of Saviour has been Tree of alts for far too long, and even if it is now less beneficial, it is still the gruesome reality. One thing I can’t understand,still, is the standpoint of IMC regarding content that yields no EXP/silver still locked to personal entry per day/week (like Saalus, uphill defence, Earth Tower, Velcoffer Nest).
Why is that still a thing? Would it be so bad if the players had per Team-entries so they could advance through that content faster?

I don’t see a reason why I have to relog onto an alt char for Saalus every time close to clearing so it takes less time to do it with multiple characters. I don’t see a reason why I’d have to do Velcoffer Nest or Earth Tower with different characters several times a week.

These are just artificial hurdles that stop me from enjoying the game and actually harass players for having a main character where most of their time and investments goes to.
The recent Saalus adjustment just built upon this issue.

You still have to do it at least 3 times for full shard benefits, on 3 different characters.
Meanwhile, additional runs were nerfed. I honestly wouldn’t mind running Saalus 12 times in a row if I could just do it with my main character, even with the diminished results.

The reason why I don’t do so anymore is because IMC still forces me to locate at least 3 of my characters to Saalus to do this.
And then there is no storage dealer there so I still have to move them to a city if I want to put the silver & shards & talts I got onto my main character.

A lot of time is wasted on that useless iteration, even if it’s only done once in a while.
Yet it’s still worth it so people do it nonetheless.

This is gruesome and should be adjusted.

2 Likes

I actually agree with this… Because it does fit with what I want except the “main character” part but that’s neglectable.

I want a lot of things to be team based but not because I want to hoard stuff that is restricted to /character you have… I just want to enjoy my characters fully… because I like to play with different characters…

Now I understand more what’s your problem but that doesn’t mean the game has to become “tree of main characters” either… What you want doesn’t mean we have to make alts bad compared to your main because with team based entry restriction you already wouldn’t have any horrible advantage of having multiply characters…
Restricting alts with boredom and slave work that you already did from some minor stat boost and adding even more ridiculous stuff like that (title collection…) is not the way to go imo… but making restrictions to entries is totally fine and understandable for me.

I might be on the minority with only 8 characters…

but I laugh at the title :haha:

EDIT: that been said, I wish you could abandon and remove unwanted quest from the quest list without having to start the quest…

am looking at you 200+ green quests :hey: