Tree of Savior Forum

Alchemists and rework and... cannons (?)

This is a bit late Alchem feedback/ideas/suggestion topic of mine. especially late that at the moment I actually have an Alchem build that I enjoy pretty much but I’m in this “suggesting” mood right now… XD

I don’t know maybe it is a bit generic…other games/mmos have alchemists with rocket launchers and cannons and stuff too… Also maybe you are already working on an Alchemist rework… but I had this idea and thought i still suggest it and I like the idea of it.

So i think you could allow Alchemist c2 or c3 to equip cannon as sub weapons.

The benefits:

• Potion launcher skill ( I think it is quite obvious where I would go with this )

• Additional attack with Combustion and Alchemistic Missile:
    -For example when you use Alchemistic Missile you shot an additional rocket/grenade from your cannon that makes a physical attack based on your cannon’s atk power that could miss and crit.
    -There could be an additional attribute called Cannon Modification that gives some extra crit and accuracy.

• There could be different types of grenades/rockets/cannon balls/whatever you can make that could turn your attacks and skills into a different element or give extra element damage or give status effects etc. Also they could be usable by Cannoneers.

• I think from another perspective it is a good thing that another class would use this weapon too not just Cannoneer.

• You could add a new Cannon damage skill too but I kinda think it is enough if it strengthens the existing ones.

• Other Cannon modification attributes would be possible to turn some of its attack into magic for example…or whatever you want haha…

Other things:

Homunculus

• Should definitely be reworked a bit. One of the main things that bothers me that there is no reason to give her 4 different skills… It just makes her worse because she only uses one of them like in the same period of time so it is just better if it keeps using 1 skill for example Joint Penalty… or 1 damage skill…the best that you have for her… Because if she keeps using the other skills it just takes away from the good one.
    She should use her skills more often and I’m not sure that’s the case but the cooldown should not be global but different for all skills she has. So she uses Sleep when her Joint Penalty is on cool down and not instead of Joint Penalty… because it feels like that right now.

• I think the materials for a homunculus could be a bit toned down. It is not hard to get them…just rather a bit annoying because it is a bit time consuming.

• I think she could help with crafting. Making potions too when you do and stuff.

• The skills you can add to her maybe should be revised a bit…also the attributes of skills…

Tincturing

• Potion effects and durations should be revised a bit.
  • Maybe I’m the only one who think about this one like this… All in all the skill levels of Tincturing are kinda lame imo… Potions under lvl15 are kinda like…why do you even bother. So those who want tincturing are forced to go for c3 what i don’t feel like should be a necessity. So what if for example extra skill levels would just open up different potion recipes rather than having this potion lvl thing? I don’t mind if for example mana potions would only open up on c2 but at least c1 alchem wouldn’t feel useless if he has tincturing because he could make HP potions. Maybe you could tone down the skill levels for it to just level 10. I think it would be fine. Especially if you would add new skills like Potion Launcher as i mentioned before.

Item Awakening

• Stats definitely needs a rework.
  • The dungeon is just lame I think it could have some extra twists on it.
  • It should be more hard in the first place.
  • What if you could awake more items at once but the dungeon would be more hard depending on the item count?
  • I think you could add some fun to it. What if there would be a unique boss in the end in the first place there that could drop its card with a low chance and only there?
  • Sometimes other random stuff and random mobs could appear/happen in the dungeon just to make it more exciting. Because without any drops and xp it feels a bit boring…but I still feel like it shouldn’t be your general silver/exp dungeon or something just add a little spice to it.
  • Also either make others be able to pay for me or make them able to buy Calcite at least… I know it is a money making class too but still don’t know why I should pay for other ppl’s stuff.

Dig

• I somewhat like the dig+combustion combo but still you should do something with this skill. i don’t know if it needs that many skill levels in the first place. An attribute to not pickup the stuff from it or not immediately would be nice. Maybe another attribute to combustion to only blow up items you got with dig.
  • One part of me says it would be great to have more connection between this skill and the crafting skills… and the other that I don’t want you to make crafting too much of a suffering… so something in midway would be nice.
  • Maybe it could dig up stuff for the Cannon stuff and for explosives if you consider it.

Magnum Opus

• Different types of homunculus would be nice… Different element types for example… not for restricting what they can use but to strengthen what they use… or even turn some skills into a different element.
  • Attributes for the homunculus if needed could be added to this.
  • Keep adding new stuff you can make with it…or at least always keep in mind this skill for it… I mean there are sometimes new materials etc… so…
  • Explosives and Cannon stuff making could be added to it too…

Gem Roasting

• I think suggestions for melting together gems and stuff already exits so… this skill does what it has to but you can spice this up too…why not.

Alchemistic Missile

• Just in general I don’t like this skill that much… It is good to have some damage… but it always felt like just an energy bolt 2.0 to fix the damage issues of Alchemist… I don’t know I’m kinda would be okay just with another visual effect too or something. Because it is nothing exciting neither visually nor usage-wise.
  • It could be the actual Cannon skill for alchemists too.
1 Like

so, one with no skills points used?_? :smirk:

Joke aside, I love my alchemist a lot…

its just UGH! its like…

“The end justify the means” kind of mentality but the means are so awful and boring and PTSD inducing it annoys me to no end :anger:

Combustion is super short and weak
Dig items cant be used for ■■■■ only like 3 are useful and leveling is worthless cause you don’t need the items that many times and combustion is slow and sucks to use in combo…
Awakening is boring
Briquettin is retardeadly limited and annoying specially the ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ attribute ■■■ ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■■■ URGGGGGG!!!
Tincturing is slow as ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Magnum Opus is also too limited and not been able to use all the trash I dig sucks balls + there should be more magnum opus recipes in ToS D:
Homunculus has an expiration limit WHAT THE FUCK WHY
Gem Roasting becomes worthless the moment other alchemist is using it why waste points when there are so many D:
Alchemistic Missile works like an energy bolt, why the ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■ is it called missile :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

UGH!!! :triumph:

ahhh! thanks for the thread TC, now I can keep enjoying my alchemist good points which I will come back to after I break something and turn another thing to pieces… :relieved:

and then I will highlight the things I disagree with on your post and things I agree with…

1 Like