Tree of Savior Forum

Alchemist skills questions

1. Item awakening - can i leave it at level 1 or 2? Is the dungeon so hard that i would need allies help?
  2. Briquetting - can i use it multiple times with level 1 on the same item? This way i wouldnt need to pick more then 1 level of it.
  3. Magnum Opus - What items it actually creates and what does “Possible combinations: 3x3; 7x7” means? Is it worth getting?
  4. Gem Roasting - Can i just keep it at level 1 and use it several times on the same gem or is it important to get high level of it?

I am not asking about Combustion because i ain’t picking alchemist to get dmg skill from it, nor about Dig because i belive its useless when i can just look at tosbase data and drop necessary items from certain monsters (i doubt i can easily get rare items from Dig skill, such as Mythrill, but who knows?).
And Tincturing obviously seems to be a must to max for high level potions, so no questions about it.

Item Awakening’s dungeon isn’t that hard. If you or someone else can handle mobs up to Lv 230 or so, then you can basically awaken everything in the game. However, this might change later on if IMC ever decides to raise the cap on the mobs’ starting levels.

Gem Roasting, I assume you can’t use it multiple times on the same gem. If you could, it would defeat the purpose of leveling it.

1. nope, not that hard, I was able to awaken lv 170 items easily (put some fireballs and a flame ground out. Sit by campfire)

2. Haven’t tried this skill

3. 3x3, 7x7 just means how much space you get to put items in there. 3x3 = basically one side of a normal rubric cube (3 block vertically, 3 block horizontally + a block in the center). Items it creates… there is a ToS mechanics that someone put up for download, it lists the junk items that Magnum opus can make… basically you take junk items that one monster drop and turn it into another junk item. You can make symbol of wealth (a hair costume) using 6 gold bars…

well… other things which aren’t really confirmed if it does come from magnum opus are Cheminis equips: eg:

I don’t know if anyone knows the recipe for it though. In one of the threads asking about the equip, someone sounded like they know the recipe (claiming the items required to make them are expensive).

1. No. If you don’t like the negative effects of the gem then get it to higher level.