Tree of Savior Forum

Alchemist situation

I am really interested in playing an Alchemist in this game.

However I have some questions and worrys:

1. How do Alchemists differ in productivity? Do skill outcomes only depend on the skill level or is there something else like stat points as in Ragnarok Online? Is there a ranking and if there is, do unranked Alchemists suffer from not being on the list/in Top XY?

2. Will Alchemist skills benefit from Divine Might? So when you have Gem Roasting Lv5 and get Divine Might Lv10, you do it like Lv15?

3. Having a look at the skills, it seems like an Alchemist should specialize to three skills and maximize those. What I like is that this will bring a bit of varity and therefore take bit of market competition off. Now an Alchemist can log off while potting and having an Gem Roasting shop open, right? I am a bit concerned that people will undercut each other with Gem Roast prices and no one would actually buy roasted gems from the auction house but rather roast them himself because it’s cheap. (You can buy all ingredients for gem roasting from NPC, right?) This is what makes the skill a bit uninteresting for me.

4. What about the skill Dig? Will the outcoming mats be useful for Alchemy exclusive or have other matters? Will they be useful for any Alchemist skill or only for some? If so, which skills can benefit from digged mats?

5. It’s interesting to see the Blacksmith business boundled in the Alchemist as well. Especially the Item Awakening looks interesting, but also depends on the difficulty of the dungeon. If it is rather hard, an Alchemist is dependent on other people to help him clear the dungeon, which is pretty much the guild dependence a Top 10 Alchemist had in Ragnarok Online.

6. Magnum Opus seems like roulette until people or devs publish insights. How to value the (unique) outcomes of this skill? Will it be high-end items everyone wants to have or rather useless stuff?

7. What about Briquetting - in what manner can you combine two items? Do they need to be the same item, of the same kind or can you combine anything you want?

Hope we get some interested and/or experienced Alchemists around to talk about stuff. :smile:

1. Only skill level will be effect (ex. higher tincturing skill lv = higher lv potion)
    I do saw rank thing but I’m not sure about it.

2. Yes, it possible to get benefit from divine might.

3. Yes, you can log off while open shop. Ingrediant for gem roasting cost 3k and can buy from NPC in current beta version. People will need to do roasting first before they sell it in auction because roasting is for decrease gem penalty. Also in KR auction it seem like can’t add gem to sell yet.

4. Dig need to use nxp to buy shovel from shop to make it work. From what I ask KR player they said it giving only normal material. Skill that can benefit from material should be just Tincturing (potion craft).

5. Hard or Easy depend on rarity and level of gear that you want to awake. You can bring more people to go with you to do awakening. In dungeon you just have to wait for monster wave and stay there to fight all wave and boss for 30 minute. It should be success as long as you (alchemist) not die.

6. Right now no one know how to make it work yet. But it’s possible to make item which can’t find in shop or drop from monster.

7. Briquetting is combine 2 same weapons to increase or decrease Min/Max ATK. At skill lv.1 is 5% Min/Max, lv.2 is 5.5% and chance of increase or decrease are random.

Edit : Tincturing not work if you log off. Only gem roasting work.
And divine might not give effect to Tincturing skill. I’m not sure about other skill though. :persevere:

Nice, thanks for your answer. Clarified a lot of stuff. Now that is what the Shovel in the iCoin Shop is for… :smiley: So the mats you need for the other Alchemist skills you can all buy at NPCs and get from nowhere else?

For tincturing I believe you can find some material from monster drop. NPC also sell it.
Other skill require item is Calcite which can buy from NPC.