Tree of Savior Forum

Alchemist + enchanter?

since I can have a second wizard, I been thinking about making an alchemist and enchanter, I have read that it’s a bad idea (store wise, I suppose) but I was thinking on something like:

w1-pyro3-sorc-alch3-ench1

mostly just to have the fire ground scroll (are the scrolls influenced by the creator’s rank? as in fire ground 15)

and alch well, for the potions, mostly for my own use, I’d say…

anyone with the wisdom and/or experience about this? thank you!

The scroll Lvs are influenced by the Crafting Scroll skill, so if the scroll skill is Lv 5, doesn’t matter what skill Lv you make the scroll, it will always be Lv 5.

In all honesty, I changed mine to Wiz 3 Link 2 Sorc 1 Alch 3, I will make a homunculus one of these days when I have the patience. It’s mostly to help level the char itself and be a bit useful in party in case it is needed.

Wasn’t it like that both the level of crafting skill and the level of the skill itself that you want to turn into a scroll matters? So you could only make lvl 5 fire enchant scrolls if you have lvl 5 fire enchant and lvl 5 Craft spellbook?

Btw making skill scrolls are so expensive that they are not rly worth it… I think it is 2500/skill lvl. I think a lvl 1 flame ground scroll is already good tho…but it is still 2500/use…

I almost have the same build as Nirimetus I just have Link3 instead of wiz3 because I think linker3 spirit shock is quite good with an SPR build.

1 Like

True, both need to be of the same Lv for that, thanks.

Oh yeah, I forgot SS scale with SPR, I will try that later on. I will see if it’s worth drop Sorc, I like to have some protection when I’m digging lol.

digging for combustion use?? or digging for random stuff?? couz dig as i know only used with combustion… but combustion can use 200 silver…

No, for homunculus mats, some stuff I think it’s from digging, but depending I can always eliminate it. I don’t like Combustion tbh.

Speaking of which, I just thought of a reworking on it.

It could have a pot/pouch to add items we want to use (or convert into Combustive) like wugushi poison pot, this container would have 1 of each: Poison, Fire, Ice, Earth slots to add the items.

As you may have guessed, each of these slots would change Combustion element.

The way it is now, we have to cast it right away or we will suck the item/silver first, not really a useful skill imo.

Is there a reason for Wiz 3, seeing that no skills there exactly require Quick Cast? I’d think Link3 would be better for Lifeline support capabilities, or Sorc2 for riding?

Yes you need digging for mud and it is easy to get ice piece like that too… but lvl 1 is enough…a bit more time to get 5 muds… but still enough imo.

1 Like

I had Sorc 2 before, but in all honestly I don’t find it necessary, I took Wiz 3 because of Lethargy Strike debuff, some summons are strike-type damage and have the damage increased (I tested on my Sorc1-Necro3 with Succubus, normally she hits around 50k, with the debuff it goes up to 100k (I tested on HG 270)).

I don’t find Lifeline useful tbh, specially for me since I’m most of the time soloing (even more on a game with low population).

Yeah, that is the plan, only Lv 1 for it.

But if you go for linker3 like me it is better to drop wiz3 no? X) If you drop sorc 1 than lethargy attribute is useless to you :smiley:

BTW I rly want wiz3 in my build too…maybe on rank 10… X)

1 Like

Yeah, if I drop sorc then I agree there.

Haha yeah, this is what I wish they lowered the classes requirement 1 rank, except R2, R7 and hidden classes.

Altho, R7 could too be lowered 1 rank.

That way we would have lots of builds variations.

I made a weird alche (wiz1/pyro1/kino3/alch3/ench)to have a potion maker + scroll maker, and thanks to kino I can solo the awakening dungeon, make HP/SP pots and enchant fire scrolls. It’s a great utility.

That’s exactly my Alchemist’s build (w1 pyro3 Sorc1 alch3 ench1) because I’m lazy.

If you want something more usable in CMs, you can do w1 pyro1 link3 alch3 ench1.

1 Like

I’m lazy myself, but if the second option is better, I’ll give it try!

A build I tried is:

Wiz 1 > Pyro 1 > Kino 3 > Alch 3 > Ench

• Flame Ground + Enchant Fire Scrolls

• Potions

• Ability to do CM due to Kino’s amount of CC, extremely good for it since you can chain CC mobs, also Teleport is a bonus for those maps you haven’t got 100% exploration yet.

1 Like

are you int or spr oriented. though?

INT works better imo.

Just a reminder for those who want wiz2/3 in their builds. Dream eater works on alchemistic missile (that’s a mouthful) and magic missile damage is doubled when you have swell left arm. Just putting it out there.