Tree of Savior Forum

Alchemist builds after patch

Before the patch we used to just dump pyro and our alchs would be fine to level and able to solo Saalus and other dailies.

Did anyone find any good Alchemist builds that are able to solo Saalus reliably?

So far I’ve experimented with:

Pyro 3 - garbage, almost doesn’t have damage.

Wizard3 Thauma2 - Now this one has something to it. Thauma2 increases a whooping 1k Matk, wich is A LOT. On 5k matk medium (using a +11 non transcended Vienarazis mace) alchemistic missile deals about 70k total dmg and energy bolt about 12k. Not enough to solo saalus but it’s getting better.

I feel that thauma is too good not to get nowadays - 1k extra Matk really makes a difference. What do you guys think?

Wiz 3 > Ele 2 > Alche 3 prob

1 Like

Tested W2 Pyro3 and Alch but its not that good to be honest, damage its below avarage and even if i took wiz2 and replace it with thraumaturge i feel like this is not the way to go anymore, im thinking on get cryo3 filler alche3 but at the moment i havent tested that much on my alch since its only an alt, i wish some people share their knowledge on this :stuck_out_tongue:

LoL, here is the best alch build http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/uon5rrk5f4/

Was lvling in sia mission and dungeons as top DPS :smiley: Doing saalus as solo dps as well with low lvl cleric with fade(in fade put wall and use Psychic Pressure and instantly get safety wall. Any boss dies in 5-6 seconds)

^ what he said. CryoKino is quite strong now, perhaps even better than Pyro in term of DPS. The setup kinda needs getting used to though as if you fail or don’t do it right, Ice Wall has quite a cooldown.

I have a Pyro2 Thaum1 Sorc1 at the moment and can say that it’s having a very hard time soloing Lake. I think Thaum is a staple now for any DPS wiz build. Unfortunately, I want to keep Sorc1 in my build because it’s really great inside the awakening dungeon (I can just AFK every few minutes with it) so I’m really not sure what to do with Pyro2.

I’ll probably try Cryo1 Kino1 Thaum1 Sorc1 and Wiz3 Thaum1 Sorc1, or maybe I’ll just ultimately have to give up on Sorc1.

Best stats for this build please? thanks.

I’m thinking on Pyro2-Link-Thau-Alche3

The main idea is to make a farmer and potion-making char.
While you have some DPS from Pyro2, you can link and swell body as well.

1 Like

Yeah, after too many testing i think this one is the “best” for soloing as far as utilliy goes.

Sadly i dont like the new pyro, the concept its good but the cooldown of the skills are very long to make it work… it doesnt feel like how killing something with fire should be. At the moment flare its their strongest skill but 30sec CD feels like too much for a main skill :/, fireball its still doing good damage even after the nerf, however, the animation of the skill and the fact that it neeed to be casted at point blank range make me hate this skill. Fire pillar its eh… and enchant fire its eh as well, fire wall its another 30sec CD skill, overall even when i understand that pyro needed to be nerfed, (More like agny necklace) i dont like the new pyromancer mostly because of the synergy of if skills and because it feels very slow at bossing, no, i dont want it to insta kill bosses like before, but at least i think the cooldown for flare should be lower since its their main gimmick now.

As for the pyro2-linker-thau build goes, linker works wonders for soloing since you can kill things faster even after pyro being slower by itself, thau its super useful because its thau, and the doble drop skill its just too good to let it go, however i feel like a thau can be build around too many better ways than with alchemist, but hey, it is what it is, im tired of testing to be honest, mostly because it makes me sad how pyro its at the moment.

2 Likes

Can’t Wiz3 > Link > Thauma > Alche3 provide better damage than pyro?
Aren’t MM and bolts enough with links and attributes?

1 Like

Yes they do, but then you suck for bossing, not that pyro doesnt suck for bossing anyways but you have “more options” for bossing as pyro.