Tree of Savior Forum

Alchemist build needs guidance!

Hi guys, I’m currently trying to build an alchemist… I wanna know if I can be a good enough support so that I can grind at rank7

I feel like trying something like this

So far I’ve already went with PyroC1… And at lvl 31, Im full con right now.
Im thinking of either:
a) wiz>pyro>Linker>pyro2>Link2>Alchemist2
b) wiz>pyro>Linker3>Alchemist2
c) wiz>Pyro>linker3>Thau>Alchemist2

I know lvling might be hard, I wanna know if the hard works pays off HAHA Thanks :grin:

Alchemist is a PVE class. Why you building full con?

he wants to pvp =3=…
Humiliation through alchemy…
But srsly why thaum go C3 linker and you get yourself a free =o= transpose…
you also need damage to trade off thaum…

I suggest sorc… as its the only object that you cant control that can deal decent dps (despite its garbage mechanics)

Thus, my post in this forum… To ask for advice xD

TBH I was just thinking if I went linker3 I could use life line… And if I go Thau I can use transpose HAHA It’s safe… Plus, if I ever got enough silver to get animus, I dont think dmg would be that bad…?

So are you suggesting wiz>pyro>link2>sorc? or pyro2>linker>sorc then I would really have to pump int AHHA Right now Im still at the beginning… I could easily mould my build into something else :grin:

If you want people to go “Yessss!” when you join their party:

Ohhh thanks! isn’t Briquetting more of a luck thing? Is it worth maxing it?

Personally I decided to save the 10 points that could be used for briquetting and hope there is something good to spend it on in C3.

The only thing they showed in the R8 introduction for C3 was the continuation of skills we allready have and it would be really strange if we don’t get any completely new skills like all other C3.

I’m rushing this build : http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/b25f9a1687/

I don’t have any problem with PVP ( 260 int + 90 con and using shield ) and SOLO UP btw I spent a lot of silver with atributes but I loved the result.

About linker I think it is a good option but a I don’t like Links costume

HAHAHAH I dont like linker costume too… I wear my pyromancer costume… (All my other characters do not wear their respective costume too xD)
Too bad I’ve already changed my class to 1 rank of linking :sweat:… HAHA But i havent really decide on my stats yet…
One rank of pyro doesnt seem enough but I think in alchemist I wont be good in dealing dmg, support seems to be nice and well sought after… I do like Thau buffs though… That’s why it’s so hard for me to decide T^T

Ahh That make sense. Thank you for sharing xD

to be honest going wiz>pyro>link 3
Pro’s:
(It can’t carry you but you will stay relevant throughout the game as a support…)
(Did i tell you that your summon can copy your skills? in C3 alchemy?)
(No one will abandon you via boss hunts,dungeons or grinds… cast one spell and viola everyone loves you)

Con’s:
Your solo is gonna be Crap…
You can’t boss quest for the love of god…
You need a friend to help you do this…
(Linker got nerfed but still relevant)

you can go pyro>C2 linker> Sorc for safer… solo questing but… you will still suffer late game from poor damage…
(Regardless of what you do since your an alchemist…)
ALchemist 3 provide enough but you can’t get C3 linker for boss hunting A.K.A LIFE LINE

i still suggest C3 linker because they are rare… and anyone with a brain will still make them love you…

“You can’t Earth tower since alchemist sucks in the DPS department atm…”

Hi, thanks for laying out the info for me. :grinning:

One good thing is I do have a lv190 companion atm… Questing at the lower level should be rather fine. I also have friends who won’t mind accompanying me to quest whenever I encounter issues. I won’t mind not boss hunting because I have other characters to help me accomplish that goal (if i ever feel like doing that) xD

If I do take this build, Im going full con right? Just to confirm… There’s no stat reset atm so Im very worried… :sweat:

C3 linker = stats are shared your free to go pure int…
or you can go pure con as well (your choice)

Going Pure con will be suffering as you have no DPS to speak of… since linker has none…

Pure int well you already know auto-attacking for eternity is the price to pay for supporting your team…

Cyro 3> psycho1 is actually a more stable build for alchemist as they can dps for themselves as well as dish out enough magic damage that no one can neglect…

(though you can’t really out-dps a Dpser but hey… frost pillar is still strong)
PVE Wise BEst support and Damage…

(They have insane cooldowns though) 1min and 30s technically making you so reliant on it…

For ice wall + Psycho gimmic…
Frost pillar does the same thing as link but provides no damage
(It can reposition and freeze mobs)
Snow rolling is MEH: since it causes mobs to spread…
decent damage against regular mobs though…

“THEY GOT NERFED IN PVP DEPARTMENT.”

Psycho 1 first > go cyro for ice wall combo gimmic…
(Your stuck with this for eternity)

going pure con now xD Seems more beneficial as most toons (Maybe not full tank or cyrochrono) needs con. I don’t mind sucky DPS tbh… I really love linking so it is my wish to have a link3 character… But looking at the public builds I can’t seem to find a lot of link3… I did saw a cyro link3 ytd in TBL but he was just rank 5 so Im not sure what he will progress as…

Just finished the lvl 50 dun and i met someone who’s going for the same build… Feel safer now… :laughing:

Im planning to build a cyro psykino runecaster sort of build in near future… Once I get my alchemist kicking and running, I’ll try different sort of combo xD RIght now, wiz is my favourite class HAHA

Here’s mine

It’s a success. People will call you out for grind parties as long as they don’t find a free chronolinker roaming around.

I can see the c3 coming at a safely pace.

Thank you for sharing! :grin:

Hearing that from an alchemist of the same build sooth my soul to no end… xD

I guess I will save the extra points if I ever find myself going to alchemist3…

Everybody’s been talking about going enchanter for rank8 as Alchemist… But seeing we are linker3… We might as well utilised the homunculus right?

Tbh my eyes shine thinking about Tincturing lvl 15

Seeing all the crappy AI that minions have in ToS make me wonder if the homunculus will be able to land some lvl 15/16 joint penalties… but if it does, indeed it’ll be completely worth :thumbsup:

Yes definitely… even if homunculus cant help with the joint penalties… I wont mind if it gives me some fireball or flameground too… Hopefully it’s not SP consuming…

One more question though… Do you ever use unbind? I dont get how the attribute works… Another thing is physical link… When people use it on me or when I use it on somebody else… All of us usually ends up dying quicker… Have you find a way to utilised it?

Not really, no.

Physical link is currently bugged, IMC assumed it some time ago in some ‘known issues’ post. It’s supposed to split the damage of a target with all the others, but right now works as a reversed joint penalty (full dmg for everyone).

Edit: here

Only practical use I’ve seen is for intently killing party members, as in this well-deserved case:

When a bunch of douchebags try to ruin your queue, you kill them. Works for ppl who stays afk on torch part of siauliai mission too.