Tree of Savior Forum

Alchemist BUILD Advice

Guys. what i have now is WIZ-PYRO1-PYRO2-LINKER1->>>>>> is it a good way to take next LINKER2 and then 2th Alchemist? because i always hear about Linker nerfs and stuff like that…

Pyro, Psychokino and Linker are all totally valid choices for you.

Personally… I’m a pry/link further along… And I got the pry2/link1 right now. I’m probably going to get Link2 for the extra few targets and call it good. Pry3 only gives you the flame thrower… Which while cool looks it’s a crazy 3% SP per second sink and the cooldown is long(something that was unacceptable for kinos till they got their buff).

So I feel like my party game is going to be better and honestly even my solo game will be better with extra links and buff sharing. At least that’s what I’m feeling right now.

The fireballs don’t need more hits. My flame ground is already 100% uptime… The only thing that kind of gnaws at the back of my mind is the idea of leaving… Fireball at 10… Leaving my flame ground at 10… Then dumping Pry3 into firewall with one point extra in the flamethrower. That’s the only way I can see myself getting anything near as useful as LinkC2. And that’s only in solo play. The links and buff sharing are going to stomp firewall when it comes to party play.

What people thoughts on going thauma c1 at rank 5?

No, thaum is a waste of circle if you’re not going all the way. Linker 2 is a very good choice.

So long as people keep asking about pyro-linker-???, I shall keep posting this video everywhere.

I’m interested in trying this on the way to alchemist. Could you please elaborate on how this works, how much damage it does, and what skills need to be maxed for max damage? It’d be great if you could also provide an example build link :smiley:

So! Fireball controls the damage. Each little blast fired deals fireball+magic attack damage. Higher level fireballs have a longer duration. With pyro3, you could have this running with 6 at once.

Psychic pressure can be whatever level, really. It just needs to hit anything in the link. Higher levels of pressure adds mainly to max number of monsters hit per tick. C2 psychokino causes the skill to stun monsters at a 50% chance each hit.

The lines are from a Linker skill called Joint Penalty. At circle one of linker you can link 5 things together. This is plenty, as for some odd reason the skill prioritizes linking the fireballs over linking monsters.

Then you do what the video shows. Put a fireball on either side of you, link them and use psychic pressure. the fireballs will both move in whatever direction your facing, so while channeling PP just turn around to make sure the fireballs stay in your range.
Do try to avoid being really close to monsters when you do this. any damage taken will stop your casting of psychic pressure, and your fireballs will vanish if they physically touch an enemy too many times. It’ll take some practice, but this combo can be a boss melter if you do it right.

Not my exact plan but,

Note that is doesn’t work very well in party play. Fireballs have the annoying property that they get moved around by other player’s melee attacks, and other linkers can link your fireballs.

Is there no way to prevent from being interrupted while channeling psychic pressure? getting hit by 1 thing while channeling this would ruin the OP combo, even if you can do it again like 20 seconds later (more like almost instantly if you were popping sp potions and channeled a bit). wiz c2 has surespell I believe but that’s just not worth taking for a rank unless you take c3. not sure if it will be viable but eventually the level cap will rise and we can take wiz c3 with pyro c1-3, psycho, linker. In theory, that would give you +50% damage and no cast interruption with many fireballs exploding. Also of note is that using arde dagger may be insane with this.

Thaum is actually not as bad of an idea as it looks at first glance… reason being is shrink body has a 75% dmg reduction on it with attribute. And if you’re pry/link that soft CC would be pretty good out of party or in party if you’ve got weak tanks or hard mobs. Shrink body has an over heat on it so the uptime would be very good on it. And swell body is always nice for XP grinding.

And you also have transpose which does some interesting things with stats. The way stats are done Str and Int get a bonus % for every Rank you get… from R2-R7… So you can stack it up very high along with the normal bonus points for stacking… But… here is the kicker transpose doesn’t transpose base stats instead it’s based off the total. So if you’re hard stacked in Int and you do the split transpose you’re ending up with a lot more stats. So in that regard it’s also kind of nice. You can pull off 100% int builds and then wear whatever kind of gear you want and transpose with it.

i went pyro2-linker and then ele for more aoe and its stable in my opinion…

I am doing pyro 2 link 1 thaum 1 then alch 2.
Thaum 1 has amazing spells.

Build: pyro > link > pyro > link or thaum > alch > alch
(Well I’m about to choose my 5th rank, ether going to be linker c2 or thaum c1)
Stats: 30 spr | 30 con | rest into int.
Gameplay: focusing on solo AoE killing mobs.

Note: If I do choose thaum how should i distribute my skill points?
also thanks for the help Raspy.

5 4 4 2

Shrink Body and Swell at level 4 affect the same amount of units as level 5 and only add 1 more second to the duration.

Level 5 Swell arm for obvious reasons and level 2 Transpose for 70 second duration buff with 70 second cool down.

What Junior said is the right way… Just make sure you really want to do it though.

What you’re giving up by not doing linker

• You’re giving up 3 links and 1 second duration on hangmans knot, and buff sharing for parties.
  • Less spells to cast means lower SP costs for you.

What you’re giving up by not doing Pry3

• Less overall damage potential, which can become a bigger deal late game as mob HP and damage makes them more difficult to solo without killing them quickly.

By not doing Kino

• Very high and very cheap and very interruptible 2 matk per second PBAoE.
  • Fireball Proc’ing AoE effect that hits a large radius making you able to use Fireballs in parties with melees.
  • A single target hard CC
  • Some utility spells that are extremely situational

Pro

• Getting double XP/Loot at the cost of having to inflict twice as much damage in a limited time.
  • A small increase in total stats because of the way transpose distributes stats.
  • A very massive increase in tankyness when you have a heal after you’ve transposed.
  • A soft CC that can make soloing mobs easier highlevel when they start putting out big damage.
  • A Flat Dmg buff which will slowly fade in usefulness as the game continues to progress.

Things you should know about Thaum.

• Spells can be resisted
  • Shrink and swell are fairly close range AoEs that are cast directly infront of your character. You will be required to be close to your targets. And aim.
  • You’re HP max after a transpose goes up massively but your current HP does not heal to the new max. So while you can rest at a bonfire and heal at an increased rate you’re not suddenly tripling your HP every time you transpose.
  • You can’t swell mobs that are already Large.
    Edit: forgot to include that you can not shrink and swell bosses… but that’s mentioned in the tooltip so that kind of goes without saying.