Tree of Savior Forum

[After PATCH] Crit rate equipment guide

Since con doesnt give crit ressit anymore, doesnt that mean all mobs/bosses will have less crit resist aswell? Dont think we need 700+ crit rate…maybe.

CDEF increases with enemy level in the same way CRATE increases with character level, max CDEF is 165 because the max level is 330. The question here is what CRATE actually means in real value. How much does CRATE increase % wise? From the testing I’ve done, it looks like it will require more CRATE than before.

1 Like

Seems like you may as well not invest anything into critrate unless you can crank it up to a considerable amount.

critical chance = (max(0, critical rate – critical resistance)) ^ 0.6

For 100%, we would need around 2155 critical rate over the resistance.
For 50%, around 679.

So, for 50% on the Rhodeliot, you need 679 + 144 = 823.

1 Like

where did you get that?

It confirms a bit about what we were discussing. Very good timing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly the whole crit rate system could’ve been simplified a lot more than this. I’m genuinely confused why they don’t just use straight up percentages now so it’s easily calculable. Without crit rate from DEX it should be very easy for them to control how much crit rate is possible to achieve with different builds.

It also makes ex. Highlander seem very odd with the +50% crit attack bonus attribute indicating it should be a heavy critting class, but since the only ways to boost your crit rate in Swordsman tree require either a spear or a rapier instead of a 2H sword I don’t see how you’ll really achieve high enough crit rate for crit attack to be better than physical attack even as a Highlander.

Whoa there, you’re forgetting Cleave, which is universal and needs no specific weapon.

Barb3 has a really decent uptime on +100 Crit Rate (+50 Base, +10*5 from Wild) which seems to be worth a decent bit in the new formula.

1 Like

You could look at it as making Dex builds considerable for highlanders or high-Barbs.
Between concentrate, Highlander crit attack, cleave and Finestra there is quite a bit of options if you’re looking for ways to get value out of your DEX investment.

You’re right, I completely forgot Barbarian. I haven’t touched that class in so long. That definitely improves things somewhat.

1 Like

Because flat crit chance would means higher rank gear either eventually push that 100% crit chance or they’re only defense upgrade if they give the same bonus as lower level ones.

Also the exponential decay makes it impossible with the gear we have to get 100% crit chance, which actually makes the choice between Dex vs Str an actual thing (dex for higher burst when crit or str for reliable base damage)

Don’t forget class paths that get lots of skills which are “ASPD affected”.

It seems to be the twohanded swod classes mostly have no options on that side.

Barbarian skills are not affected at all but Frenzy gives aspd nonetheless.

It seems mob crit res is entirely relliant on their level now.

Frenzy’s attack speed bonus is mostly to bolster itself : It needs you to normal attack to build up stacks.

It’s up to your class choices to think of a way to make use of the speed boost for other purposes. Like Corsair and Fencer which tend to have barb in their build.

It is pretty sad that HL/Barb/Doppel is kinda SOL since cyclone is no longer affected by attack speed and that’s like the de-facto 2H Sword path.

Yeah, in a certain way they’ve made class paths more obvious with the sinergy.

Hoplite paths VS Barb paths for DEX.

Corsair is really blessed by having these two options so conveniently 2 ranks away.

I don’t really see what’s wrong with that. No matter how glass cannon you are you’ll still want to upgrade your armor so you can take a few more hits when it’s unavoidable. They can also give other offensive bonuses besides crit.

I’m looking forward to dropping Hoplite and trying out Barbsair. Especially because I really want to use a sword reskinned with briquetting to Golden Falchion to match my Manamana. A pirate’s gotta have bling.

What about Hoplarian?Barblite?

The easy crit might make it a thing for Rank 9.

But the whole point is so I can use a swagged out golden sword.

If I cared about the best build over the most badass build I’d have rerolled my Corsair3 forever ago.

2 Likes

Critical Chance curve on 0 critical resist:

Critical Chance curve on 165 critical resist:

If you're a Rogue against a Lv.330 (165 CDEF) monster:

Rogue C3, Sneaky Hit Lv.15, 90s duration, 70s cd, 0s downtime:
+60% Critical Chance if it procs.
632 Critical Rate for 100% Critical Chance.

Rogue C2, Sneaky Hit Lv.10, 70s duration, 70s cd, 0s downtime:
+50% Critical Chance if it procs.
843 Critical Rate for 100% Critical Chance.

Rogue C1, Sneaky Hit Lv.10, 50s duration, 70s cd, 20s downtime:
+40% Critical Chance if it procs.
1084 Critical Rate for 100% Critical Chance.

Curve:

4 Likes

It’d still have the problem of encroaching on 100% crit chance, or something high enough that Str becomes obsolete AGAIN.

IMC have chosen to do the exponential decay route to kill off that scenario, while at the same time makes even small investment into crit rate valuable for new players i.e. that +50 crit rate from leather gear will have higher net crit chance gain on someone at low crit rate than someone with high rate, while those with high rate are less screwed by mob’s crit res.

We’ve seen this in effect from rank 6-8 period.

On rank 6, Str was more valuable so everybody and their pet were high Str.
Then rank 7 onwards came and Str was worthless due to skill value being insanely high to compensate for mobs having insanely high HP
Rank 8 was 7++, except worse now since trans gear is a thing

And now IMC realized “oh ■■■■ we’ve gone Diablo and we don’t have difficulty settings” so they’ve toned it down.

It’s the same thing with their change of attack-defense calculation to not be a flat value, to kill off the 1-damage scenario because IMC can either buff the mobs to hit so hard it can hurt those super high defense players (and kill others quickly) or change defense to avoid the former.

swordman will be on a rly bad spot

lets say ill go for hoplite 3 and corsair 3, to use wingshard and aspana to have 3 slots for green gems on each weapon, already doesnt seen good since i would have to commit for a hoplite 3 and 2 orange weapons but ok, then since im going for a crit build i have to go for the new 315 leather gear, 6 green gems at least lvl 7 and 2 sissels

that amount of resources and having to go for a hoplite 3 to get around 50% crit rate? thats rly rly bad

the way i see to go around this is to dont go for a crit rate build, use dhrag bracelet instead of sissel / phada that would be ok but the big problem is: lvl 315 orange weapons, almost all of them give crit atk / crit rate so how do we make an efficient non crit rate based build if almost all the stronger weapons are focused on crit rate / crit atk? idk

1 Like