Tree of Savior Forum

Advice for wizard build

hello. i want to make something with rune caster in it, maybe go to sage later. i understand wizard3 is a good bet, a rank of cryomancer, maybe slap some linker in there, and for rank 7…? thanks for reading!

Build 1:

Build 2:

cons of build 1:
-No linker c2 which means fewer joint penalty links, ie, 5 instead of 8 from linker c2

-no spiritual chain ( not very useful outside of party stuff) I found some use when party wants to run away from some mobs, spirtual chain>scout’s cloacking=everyone is invisible.

Pros of build 1:

-has sage, missile hole is very good defensive skill.

-has blink, good for setting up ice wall as the clone acts as distraction for boss.

Cons of build 2:

-no sage, bad when encountering ranged mobs that deal a lot of damage per hit and spam at you because no missile hole. And no blink, so slightly harder to cast ice wall pp combo.

-Some mobs are joint penalty resist in rank 8, so kinda screwed there, because they mostlikely have high magic defense as welll.

Pros of build 2:
-spiritual chain, more JP link which makes you more effective in grind party.
Trust me 8 is much better than 5.

I went with build 2 personally and i found it to be very fun. I can solo grind lhadar forest, just joint penalty, hangman’s knot. magic missile and can kill 8 squirrels every 24 seconds.

I think build 1 is good also, might have fewer links, but will be better at questing in rank 8 areas. You need a party to quest there so Sage is very important class in party, linker c2 seems like a side-grade in rank 8 due to link resist mobs.

If you choose build 2, then go sage c1 at rank 9.

If you choose build 1 then go sage c2 at rank 9.

YOU MUST HAVE AUDRA STAFF, it is very important that you do because ice wall level 5 is not enough, so ice wall level 7 is better for you.