Tree of Savior Forum

Advice for PvE build

Hey guys, I’m kind of not sure about the skills to be taken at Psy C3 and WL. Which would be the best skills to choose to have optimal PvE utilisation.

Mostly solo play. Thanks in advance.

This is a PvP build!

For PvE just go Wiz 3 > Ele 3 > Warlock or for a mix of PvE and PvP Wiz 3 > Linker 1+ > Sorc/Necro/Warlock.

How is it PvP only? Is Psychokino that bad in PvE?

Wiz 3 Ele doesn’t interest me at the moment. And not into the Linker as well.

I’m really interested in these classes only as far as the wizard tree goes. And I’m not really a fan of PvP.

How about swithc Cryo & RC to Wiz 3:

• Cryo may improve your defensive.
  • RC is too waste to pick like that.

If you want to use psycho for your main dps I highly recommend Wizard 3 kino 3 wl2. This is because surecast makes your gravity pole and psychic pressure uninterruptible while quick cast lends an extreme power boost to all warlock spells and psychokino spells.

The main reason cryomancer and runecaster won’t help you an awful lot is because you only have lv 5 ice wall - lv 5 ice wall breaks very quickly and runecasters rune of ice has a very long cooldown. Furthermore without quick cast and surespell using any runecaster skill becomes very difficult, as mobs will interrupt you often.

This is the build I would go for, while still keeping warlock.

Drain for something to do during downtime.
Sabath for concentrating spirits on a boss.
lv 8 invo for the darkness attribute at lv 5 and permanent uptime on the new enhanced spirits at circle 2.
Capped Thuerge because it gains hit count per every other level (so the damage amount is multiplied dramatically).
Pole of agony for burst.

You can probably move points from telekinesis around - its mostly a pvp skill. Magnetic force only hits once so it’s very lackluster in pve. Teleport is kind of okay if its higher level, but its kind of annoying to control with a long cast time. Swap is mostly for moving bosses.

Mastema was changed recently ( I guess with the c2 attribute )so it does dot dmg during the affect, it might be worth taking a point out of invo (i.e. lv 5-7 instead) to put points into it.

I can answer more specific questions if you have them, just leave them in the thread.

Add points from Magnetic Force to Swap and Teleportation
Swap is useful to relocate bosses when they move away from your party’s ground Aoe (Golem in Mission).
Teleportation is good to lose aggro from mobs so you can setup your Ice Wall + PP. More points, more teleport distance.
I personally put 2 in Swap and 4 in Teleport.

Since you only have Cryo c1, you may want to use Audra for the +2 skill level (8 ice walls instead of 6)

You can spend freely the rest of the points in Telekinesis and Magnetic force however you want. I rarely use Tele for damage. MF can be useful to gather/pin some mobs to land your ice pike; sometimes they bugged out and lost aggro on you too.

I’m not familiar with Warlock so I can’t help you on that.

Well the problem is I’m already W1>Cryo1>Psy2 at the moment. And I already allocated MF 5 then telekinesis at 7 and PP at 8. Any suggestions what I could do?

Hmm I could probably see how useful swap and teleport in hindsight now.

Max PP and save points for Gravity Pole and Raise.

Surely without Quick Cast, casting Isa makes you vulnerable to interruptions without Surespell. However, I imagine you most likely will, often than not; use it during bosses/dungeon/mission. To me this is still ok since you get Kino3 CC skills and Ice wall combo in your sleeve. Probably not as strong as Wiz3 build, but hey, you can’t have them all. :slight_smile:

Dont worry, there is a skill reset potion (but by TP).
(1) Finish your Kino3, then consider again.
(2) Make sure:

• Max these: PP, Gravity Pole, Raise.
  • At least 1: MF (shouldn’t higher), Teleportation, Telekinesis, Swap.

I have another character that its Wiz 1 Cryo 2 Psycho 3 Warlock 1 (probably going w2 or sage). It has nice burst with ice wall but getting interrupted is a pain sometimes - it’s easier if you’re eager to party up. The main problem is that without surespell and quick cast it lacks the ability to make psychic pressure and Gravity pole high tier damage dealing skills.

As for what you should do… finish your psycho and then possibly make another one with wiz 3 psycho 3 warlock - at the very least the cryo one would be nice for pvp and farming.

Thanks for the info.

But I’m thinking, with Raise can I use that to immobilise mobs and channel skills of Runecaster?

You could, but raise has a target limit that is smaller than hard pve content (earth tower usually has large waves). Raise also isn’t the biggest aoe, it might end before you can get all the mobs you intend to cast on inside it, which would make it hard to use with ranged enemies. The biggest issue runecaster has is the cooldowns. Rune of justice is also very unimpressive.

So is it better to invest a circle in Cryo or Wiz rather than Runecaster?