Tree of Savior Forum

Advice for an aspiring Dex-Con Inquisitor? (hear this one out please)

Thanks! Which means I will never use the “C” button then… what gem would be advisable and for how long would you advice me to hold on to the dagger before replacing it?

I put green gem in it for more crit rate, you can also put red for physical attack.

The replacements for it are:
Didtel Tower shield at 220
Karacha Dagger – at 170
Venom -------------- at 170
Ledas Shield ------ at 120

you choice there, really.
After about 270-290 that 153 attack does not give that much, so getting something defensive is better, but some chose to rock on with Venom for that sweet +11 CON

I do have a 320 PD that still uses arde dagger I got way back in the day. But that is simply because I do not want to regear… lazy

1 Like

as i have both pally and monk (not high level yet)

i would say noone better or worse, they have different playstyle

both can do physical damage but it’s different

paladin is just burst and waiting for cd
monk spaming dp and use other tools when it need
paladin have more room for supporting team while monk not…
keep spam dp, keep attack, keep using skill, or dps lose
this would explain why monk have red icon and paladin have blue icon

monk is just like a fencer without pain barrier
monk have safety zone instead
monk focus on constant damage more than supporting

fencer are more popular with epee garde, and self boost
monk have strike damage debuff

with good team setup, monk can become a good dps
lethargy is wiz1 skill… but mostly forgotten
hop spear lunge is more popular than rodel high kick
dragoon serpentine boost both monk and fencer
hop-dra is usual but…
…never seen any rodel-dra2 before

monkstrike damage also hit plate armor like truck

Some additional equipment-related queries:

1. What’s next after Cafrisun Set for a Dex-Con Paladin?
  2. Does it make sense to put a gem in my Arde Dagger? Would the gem affect the damage of my physical skills as well as the damage of my Five Hammer?

Thanks!:slight_smile:

What lv are you now?

leveling is such a joke nowadays, I literally just took Saintone’s pd2 build from 1 to 330 in a few weeks and all I wore was cafrisun with a 5 hammer until 220, then I switched to my virtov and a 220 wpn but you can get away with a 5 hammer longer if you dont have a practonium from another character and you are waiting on your mystical cube

Hi @c2gaming.seetoo! I’m now lvl165.:slight_smile: I’ve read that you will feel the heavy damage of mobs at around 160-170, and i’m currently feeling it now.:-s Also, would you advice slotting my offhand arde dagger? Thanks!

If you can afford a 5* red gem right now sure. To answer your questions:

1. The next items would be “bling”. Yellow gems for armor, red for weapons.
  2. Yes. Off hand gems (all stats for that matter) affect your character sheet, therefore, affect your main hand

Thanks @c2gaming.seetoo! Not really buying gems, more of farming them at Demon Prison right now, hehe.

Not sure if I did the right thing, but I put the rest of the set into collection and just retained the boots (actually had an extra pair of cafri boots) because of the added stamina, and got me a Riena Plate Armor (paired it with the pants), because of the 10 Stamina bonus. Found myself not doing AA anymore and just spamming DP (I now require a steady stock of Stamina pills for dungeon runs as a result).

I wonder if Palm Strike and Hand Knife can somehow be made to scale (or still useful to an extent) if I invest on attributes. Anyone got a clue?

Loving how this toon runs at the moment. DPS is good because of @c2gaming.seetoo’s recommendation to get Monk early on! Thanks a lot again man! An additional observation: I find that the less I do AA and more DP, the less my 5-hammer requires repair. Can someone confirm this? Was this why you recommended this @c2gaming.seetoo when I mentioned I was dirt poor? Lol

Don’t do it. The devs themselves acknowledge how poor HK & PS are doing compared to DP. Their weakness is exposed even more when you get to 315 (and the weapons). Simply put, DP is a x2 mod while HK & PS are x1 mods. The bleed of PS helps not make it suck, but these 2 skills are largely ignored because DP is just so much better.

Comparing the baseline skills at lv15, if you have at least 500 atk (total) DP > HK & PS. I can push 2k atk on my 220 weapon as a Qs just to help you understand how much DP “pulls away” later in the game.

It’s just “more damage”. The more damage you do, the less hits you need to make. In turn the less damage your weapon takes.

Here’s something to look out for in case you wanna do some hunting to break away from questing. Vine boots are a really good low lv pair of cloth boots. Very good stats (the poor man’s windrunners). You don’t have to use them right away (magic damage is not that big a deal yet), just good to have. This is for when you want/have to deal with magic damage using a cloth 4/4 set (in which case you also want to have Nepenthes gloves).

Thanks @c2gaming.seetoo.:slight_smile: I actually bought myself Roxona boots - regretting it a bit now since I clearly should’ve bought the leather version instead of the cloth one. In any case, what would be a good gem to slot it with? saw that it had two slots, and since I would likely be using it until 220, might be a good idea to slot it. Any suggestions?