Tree of Savior Forum

Advice for an aspiring Dex-Con Inquisitor? (hear this one out please)

i invested on int and some spr, since i used to have chaplain before a rank reset.but i still have the stat reset from the foundators pack,
is the five hammer a thing now ? i’ve seen a lot of guides recommending it

Im on server varena too. Team name is “Merciful”… You can add me or on steam too. (just pm me steam name) Don’t really have any steam friend who play ToS as most already quit…

Woo, Varena represent!

Yea, 5-hammer with 5 gems is a thing now. Since red gems give you 180 max attack each at 5 star. it makes it, in most cases, a best weapon to level with (5 aoe attack ratio adds to that too) for any class (xcept archer)

Hi guys, since we’re on the Dex-Con Inq topic, I would like to ask your opinions on investing in STR.

I got a C2-Diev-Pal3-Miko at the moment and I’m almost full DEX, around 60 CON. I read that DEX gets less and less relevant as you invest, so I was thinking in put some point in STR. What you guys think? Also gonna try his Five Hammer with gems.

Lol, support as Cleric…
If you need to support, the other players are either beggars/leechers who don’t want to spend $$$ on potions or are way undergeared.

I wore Shade Dancer&Shade Skirt until lvl 275 and I rarely took any damage thanks to my high evasion and the 80 def from the two 4* yellow gems (Shade items sadly have only 1 gemslot). I didn’t even buy the gear, I farmed the recipes and items to craft them myselves within like 3-4 hours. There seem to be lots of players not leveling the armor attributes to increase evasion/HP/SP/mdef/stamina/etc., and with bad gear you’ll take hits that hurt a little. However, since DEX is ± meta now, everyone should have enough evasion (except some Wizards and Clerics maybe) to mitigate most of it.

Also, by using lvl 10+ Heal offensively, there will be a few spare tiles left over to heal your party mates, so no need to break a sweat yet.
I don’t know why Monk should be supposed to support anyway, he’s a damage dealer Class. Cooperation is nearly non-existent in this game anyway (experience from my Cleric and Wizard gameplay, people can’t wait for debuffs/buffs/etc. and just randomly go around to slaughter monsters; if someone uses an AoE damage skill, most people don’t bother luring mobbed monsters into it, just to name a few problems),
and if you try to support by e.g. giving Heals/Cures/SP with Ein Sof, people just run away.

It’s just not worth my time, and it creates nasty leeches like those Dragoons who spam away all their SP in 30-40 seconds and cry about SP all day long or those Doppelsoeldner who waste all their HP by crashing into mobs with DOV buff trying to slaughter them without fitting equip and nearly commit suicide (also, 20k HP on a Doppelsoeldner at lvl 270+, really?[Swordsmen have more than twice the HP multiplier of Clerics; that guy basically had no CON at all] DS should stack more HP equip and stat way more CON to survive imo…).

Aside from suicidal Classes, there was never a problem for me not supporting even though I’m running a support build currently (until Rank 9 and will go to Inquisitor from Rank 10-12). If people know their Classes, their pros and cons and have decent investment in equip and attributes along the way, there won’t be any problem with that[Maybe Fedimian is just more Elite since we have less playerbase and thus more “hardcore” players].

Well, ontopic I got to state my opinion as well. Monk seems to be a solid choice as well now, since the Monk skills will most likely in near future recieve a nice buff (look at the balance talk topics for more information).

The problem that currently arises when we talk about Inquisitor is that we only know the C1 skills. C2 and C3 could be excessively better if you saved your points from spending into skill x or y, or even have synergy/hidden mechs in combo with another skill of yours e.g.
Basically if we talk about all those builds, we’re still theory-crafting, since we don’t know how C2/C3 skills will be scaling and what profit you gain from investing into skill A now instead of B later. That and new attributes coming with C2/3 for C1 skills could make one skill superior to another one we believe is inferior currently e.g.

Only Pears of Anguish seems to be worth investing 15 points currently, as God Smash could be easily outpowered by other C2/C3 skills in scaling simply by being a multihit skill e.g.
Breaking Wheel looks great on paper, but since it’s immobile and displaceable like the Dievs staues, I somehow doubt investing 15 points could do any wonders(looking at how Saalus/Siaulai bosses displace things 24/7). Then there’s Malleus, which has a target limit of 7 and a debuff that times out unless it’s leveled up to lvl 6+.

The debuff is a nice combo for Breaking Wheel and other multihit skills, but aside from that… want to spend time autoattacking to gain the maximum damageoutput from this if you spend points for more buff duration?

So much to consider, so much to discuss, so much yet unknown. A simple build could become OP or bad considering C2/C3 of Inquisitor and upcoming class balances that it’s hard to even make suggestions in one specific direction…

Leveling will be easy anyway until you hit around 280+ because Five Hammer provides you with solid attack and AoE attack ratio. Just beware that autoattacking might rapidly reduce its durability, causing it to break if the durability isn’t at least 31+ when starting to level.

Also, you should absolutely consider dual wielding for more attack and property damage to burst your Heal/Cure/Smite etc. skills with low CD/multihit potential.
A shield only becomes necessary on maps with level 280+ and Rank 8 content mobs because their attacks will destroy you (especially the magic attacks if your mdef is insufficient). Don’t play hero and go there under-leveled, if you’re more than 5 levels below the mobs there,
you’ll die in 1-2 hits while the mobs have 150-350k HP.

About the class at R7 used as filler: Monk needs more information about revamp before you can actually expect accurate choices.

Kabbalist is nice to fill up you SP and to heal yourself up since Ein Sof will get an attribute that doubles the amount of HP regenerated by Heal (making your lvl 11 Heal practically a lvl 22 Heal for yourself), while Heal recovery rate is already boosted by Paladins Restoration buff. This makes you extremely bulky while you can cope with every SP needs provided by further going down the Inquisitor path (most of his skills already require 100+ SP at lvl 1, and Pears of Anguish/God Smash even have overheat charges, which will burn your SP additionally).

On Kabbalist, I’d go
Revenge Sevenfold 5
Ein Sof 3
Gematria 1
Notarikon 1
Reduce Level 5
Merkabah is useless on C1 because every damage will instantly destroy the chariots(and the damage scaling is really bad). Meanwhile, a level 6 Reduce Level will decrease the level of a Boss Monster by at least 6 levels, making it easy to reduce incoming damage (+ it lasts 16 seconds with 35 secs CD, which is ~50% uptime) from physical attacks. Gematria&Notarikon debuffs seem to have no time limit, so you can just check out which number is larger and spam the skill afterwards if you have time to debuff with Reduce Level when it’s off CD.

On the other hand, Monk would provide you with Double Punch, which acts as a filler that consumes no SP, effectively reducing your SP needs by a lot, which offers you the oppurtunity to focus your Smites onto mutant and devil monsters, and a way to debuff the defence of enemies (which is quite rare for Clerics). Palm Strike will most likely become like the Investigate skill from Ragnarok Onlines Monk class, as the devs consider giving it more attack power onto enemies with high defence.

About attributes: make priorities and invest in the most damaging skills/skills with the best DPS ratio at least up to 30%.
Try farming most of your equip if you’re not leveling/doing missions as you’ll be saving silver for your attributes, and try mainquesting to get the 3 status points for the revelations (you’ll also get lots of silver while questing).

If your servers Demon Prison level 1 and/or level 2 is not infested with bots, Necros or Warlocks, farm yellow moyas or nukas for 2* yellow/red gems[ not recommended below level 200 unless decently geared, because there are a lot of monsters spawning at once], combine them and start collecting them towards your 5* red gems. 49 2* gems will provide you with one 5* gem if you combine them, so 245 2* gems would be enough for your Five Hammer to be effective. While you collect them,you also get decent money to buy& slot your Five Hammer and increase your attributes and/or buy better equipment.

{Don’t invest into accessories (aside from Agny Necklace if you want more raw damage) because their return is astronomically low compared to weaponry, shield & armors}.

That weapon will last you until you hit lvl 317 to do the Practonium quest, and if you do Crystal Mines instead of Siaulai missions from lvl 270-280 onwards (whenever you hit Rank 8 + a few class levels) you can start collecting materials for your lvl 315 purple weapon on the run (if you’ve got no money issues anymore by then, you’re free to buy the materials,though, and continue running Siaulai as usual).

Thanks so much for the response @Adeodatus! Two noob questions though (apologies):

1. Isn’t five-hammer’s durability only 15? How do I enhance that to 31+ as you mentioned?

2. How do I dual-wield? Is that an attribute that I can purchase? For which job?

Thanks!

1. If you repair at a Squires repair shop, you get bonus durability on your gear depending on the skilllevel of Repair of that players Squire. Squires can currently set up up to lvl 16 Repair shops, so if you repair your Five Hammer there, you can get 15+16=31 durability. If he also happens to have the 25% chance attribute for double repair, you can have up to 15+16+16= 47 durability on your Five Hammer.

2. Dual wielding is equipping a weapon in your one hand and a subweapon in your other hand. Currently, the only subweapon type a Cleric can equip are daggers. Arde Dagger and Karacha Dagger provide a good boost in damage as they increase your physical attack while also adding 153 fire property attack which is also applied to every hit of your magic attacks, making Heal and Cure a little stronger.

Another pro of equipping a dagger instead of a shield is that you get 2 of 3 attack types at once, Strike (blunt weapon, i.e. your Five Hammer) and Pierce (spears/daggers, i.e. your xy Dagger]. You can use dagger attacks with the alternate attack button to deal additional damage to leather armor targets and avoid the damage penalty on cloth armor targets that way, which helps a lot in the early levels (lvl 75-280).

The other positive effect is that basic daggers have a way higher durability (40+; if combined with Squires overrepair, this can go over 70 durability if 2x repair applies; repairing a dagger is a lot more expensive than the Five Hammer,though) than your Five Hammer and a higher attack speed, so alternating between dagger attacks and mace attacks saves you both durability and sometimes even much time when killing monsters.

For Kabba1, is the SP recharge from Ein Sof really worth it at later levels? When you can simply chuck a SP pot.

How about Pd1? I know most people say PD2 or go home because a PD focused magic build is really awesome. But I am thinking about Pd1 as a filler for 5/5 healing factor, blood-letting and Beak Mask… skipping incinerate entirely.

After reading about the recent Monk balance talks, I am once again starting to feel slight regret resetting from C2>P2>Monk2 into C2>P1>Pala3…

If anything, I feel that Paladin should be in the balance talks as well.

Haven’t read them myself, but does that bode well for guys who plan to just dip 1 rank in Monk?

I’ve found it only useful for Krivis builds. Every other class I’ve played has been able to manage SP with just pots, not even spamming them.

Currently it’s managable with pots, but later on?
Unless they improve the current Alchemist pots, you might have to farm Keistas SP pots, depending on the situation, to cover the SP useage from Rank 9 or 10 onwards because ± every new skill will cost over 100 SP to use.

Let’s say we follow the combo of c2gaming[quote=“c2gaming.seetoo, post:17, topic:346215”]
basic paladin combo[conviction] >1> [smite][smite] >9> [smite][smite] >8> [conviction] >1> [smite][smite]
[/quote]

This will require you to spend 2x65+ 6x77-102 SP for Conviction and Smite alone during the 30 seconds CD time of an SP potion.
That alone is 592-742 SP used up during this time.
If we count in 120 SP for Malleus lvl 1 debuff, 3x 112 SP for God Smash lvl 4, 326 SP for 2x lvl 5 Pears of Anguish and ~80 SP for 1/2 Breaking Wheel, the SP costs per Potion CD time will rise up by 862 to 1454-1604 per potion CD.

A lvl 15 potion recovers 1836 SP, so we have a margin of ± 400 SP if we let the other buffs/skills be covered by the natural SP regeneration with Restoration bonus.

But now let’s look at the SP scaling of skills. The Inquisitor skills all add about ~10+ SP costs per skilllevel [God Smash 9, Pears 12, Malleus 10 and Breaking Wheel 11]. Now let’s calculate an if scenario: what if we have +1 skilllevel on all those skills?
The SP costs would rise by 3x9+2x12+10+6=67 SP per 30 seconds.
Now we have to consider this as an what if scenario as you wouldn’t always use all skills, but, depending how strong the monster and you stats/equips are and which skills are used on what levels, the SP costs could explode later on at Inquisitor C2 and rise over 2k per CD, which would be uncoverable with the current Alchemist SP potions. This is not counting in the possibility that attributes appear which increase the SP costs of the skills additionally for useful extra effects.

This, however, is still far away from the point where Ein Sof could become a necessity to refill your SP, I was just stating this as a fact because it helps you to save on SP pots, especially if you have a decent amount of max SP which can be refilled (3300 max SP will be the minimum at level 330 so it might not be so bad to have).

As long as you don’t kill monsters non-stop, Plague Doctor seems to be still the better alternative because it protects you from status ailments and gives a decent healing skill for yourself. It would also allow you to spread debuffs via Pandemic to other/more targets. And, if you’re lucky, Inquisitor C2/C3 will get more debuffs (looking at Lead Sprayer/Iron Boots; possibly a bleeding debuff from Iron Maiden and the burning debuff from the Class attribute) you could spread with your PD in the build.

Do you have proof of Pandemic being able to spread Malleus Maleficarium’s debuff? It’s been stated earlier that it can’t

Well, if it can’t be spread so be it, I assumed wrong in that case. I edited the posts accordingly to not spread wrong information on that specific case.
Still somewhat sad if it cannot be spread further, would’ve been an even bigger reason to go PD :frowning:

I decided to go with Monk1 at R7… And now my only remaining dilemma are finalizing my skill points:

Paladin3:

1. Smite level 15, Turn undead level 2
  2. Smite level 11, Turn undead level 6
  3. Smite level 10, Turn undead level 7(edited)
    Some people say don’t need turn undead at level6 or higher as cleric can’t really aggro that many mobs at a time… it is also RNG-based so it’s unreliable and has a 1min cooldown and only usable against undead/mutant. So 4 additional point for a situational skill… Or 4 additional points for a measly 400+ base damage to smite and higher SP cost?

As for Monk1:

1. Iron Skin 5/5, Double Punch 5/5, Palm Strike 5/5, Hand Knife 1/5
  2. Iron Skin 0/5, Double Punch 5/5, Palm Strike 5/5, Hand Knife 5/5

Since you have Double Punch, you can just do opt.3

For Monk 1, all you need is DP 5, everything else at 1. The rest don’t matter

Or I can put more points into restoration and leave TU at 2?

I don’t know man, like I said, there seem to be a lot of opposing opinions on whether TU should be at 2 or 6…

Some even say smite can be kept at level1 at use those points to max restoration 15/15 instead…

What’s your build like now? I think you can just leave Smite and Restoration at mid-high since their increase are linear. Smite still deals 3x more damage than Double Punch against convicted Mutants and Devils. Restoration’s good because your heals are going to be really low, and you can use it with Aukuras (scroll) and Squire food for decent regen.

The max enemies a character can agro is 8, so you can actually leave TU at 5 or 4+DM

Finally got my Arde Dagger! A quick questiont though: is it advisable to at least upgrade the dagger and get it to +5? I’ve been reading discussions, but have not found a definite answer: will a Dex type Cleric benefit from enhancing the Arde Dagger to +5?

Main point of arde is +153 fire property attack. no reason to enchance at all… just gem it…