Tree of Savior Forum

[Adventure] Exploration System > Map shading

The map fails to clearly indicate which areas I have yet to explore. For those that wish to achieve 100% exploration on maps, the light shading currently used makes it hard to find the last few areas where you failed to cover.

Below is the map of West SiauLiai Woods, currently exploration at 88.1%, but if you check both my minimap and the main map I’ve open, you are unable to notice where are the uncovered areas, although I’m certain I covered most areas, maybe failing to check a few corners.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the last percentage are hidden zones you don’t get to by looking at the map.

But I’m not quite sure.

1 Like

Pretty much that. There are some areas you can only get to by talking to NPCs and doing certain quests. I would mill the map over once more to see if there are NPCs you didn’t interact with. The reason they’re giving you the percentage and not the shaded areas is so that you feel the need to work towards getting that 100% completion. This might mean exploring and re-exploring every map in the game a few times :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I agree with SeroZero. If you watch your map while you run around the fringes of the explorable area, you can see the % go up. It is counting area slightly outside the map that requires skirting every edge of the area. If it was tightened up a bit it would keep exploration fun while removing some tedium.

1 Like

On starter map I didn’t gone more than 92,9% and done all bosses there. 7,1% is a lot, any clue?

2 Likes

I wish this was the case but for a lot of maps, it really is just needing to follow the walls of the map (I’m looking at you Mines!) More often for me, it feels like they’ll reveal portions of the map that you actually need to also walk through.

me too and i think it has to do with the weird stone at the end of the map or at the top is a warning shild because of the cute little things but something is written in red there which “we” cant read but if you zoom in asfar as you can than u see a wanted poster from something that looks like a demon to me.

You’re not alone. I only have 92.9% and I’ve looked everywhere.

That map need stone from tenet chapel to access some area to make it 100%

But the shading are sure real problem…

1 Like

I have that map completely opened.

1 Like

how do you get to that tiny bit in the bottom right?

yup… how did you do that?

u need Seal of Space (quest item)

Firstly the key to being a sucsessfuly map explorer while you are doing quests make sure to do a quick walk from wall to wall of the area your in, and then after your done with the map you won’t have this issue.
Rule of thumb, if your missing places and you have done a full clear portal doors and jagged edges.

Also West Woods, has a secret area triggered by a device with a chest you need a quest item to reach this area, but i will let you figure it out.

Hint that little hallway next to the entrance to klap

There hasn’t been a map yet, where i have failed to get 100% and i have done majority of orsha and klap storylines.

Wow, the nerve of this guy above me. If people wanted a mystery they wouldn’t search the forums for help. Then he brags. :open_mouth:

If you’re wanting help, ToS seems to have hiddens areas and quests. It seems a little silly in the design to have this in the first area but the reason you cannot complete West Siauliai Woods is due to a hidden quest. You need to read all the signs. Then speak to the very first NPC in the area which triggers a level 103 mission.

Refer to this helpful image /u/Intervigilium created (read his text at the bottom):

What is the use of completinng every map to 100%? does it add something or anything important?

1 Like

The Wings of Vibora NPC in town gives you EXP Tomes for every 100% cleared zone. You also accrue points towards your in-game rank.

Im having the same trouble with the cliffs, except the part i need is RIGHT behind an arrow to Veja ravine. like seriously how am i supposed to get it if its behind something that takes me to the next map? poor map design much?