Tree of Savior Forum

[ADDON] LKChat (Alpha)

thanks for the info lemon! I do love the addon, when it doesnt do that bug man its a beauty, love the latest stuff you added to 0.4a but yeah just that little overlaping bugging me out haha

Please download v0.4b if you have not already.
If fixes a critical bug discovered earlier today and should fix chat whisper text too.

Incredible work. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

this does not break there rules right?

Sir I want you to know that we appreciate all your hard work. Thank you!!

Good but I had to delete it for now, will use it if/when that annoying overlapping text bug is fixed. Kinda defeats the purpose when that bug makes chat more unusable then the gold spammers that it blocks (and it does do a good job of blocking them so +1 for that).

Hey a flaw with this addon just occurred to me.

Since it blocks and reports anyone who spams basically wouldnā€™t it report every single person who wants to sell something in the chat?

They repeat the same messages over and over and usually aggressively.

Also if the bots wanted to they can easily get around this.

They did the same thing in blade and soul and now the bots spam the chats nonstop with randomized letters and numbers but you can still clearly see their message and site.

So it wouldnā€™t work if imc implemented it.

anything Iā€™m putting in a patch folder disappears when client start
how you install it? :smiley:

Itā€™ll take some effort for bots to get around it. The addon looks for a URL then performs a search for keywords, each has a different weight. Once the weight hits of passes the theshold the spammer is flagged then actions are taken.

Its much harder for players to get detected since they wouldnā€™t be throwing around keywords related to gold selling.

[quote=ā€œchiday, post:150, topic:208502ā€]
anything Iā€™m putting in a patch folder disappears when client starthow you install it? :smiley:
[/quote]Install instructions are in my OP.

The bug youā€™re talking about occurs with the stock chat too. Iā€™m looking into ways to work around it.

1 Like

In your instructions not a single word about my situation

Make sure it is named exactaly like that, if it is not, it will get deleted. I think you need that wierd character in the begining.

I regularly offer my carry heal services for gold! :smiley:

Omg, I know what for instructions are and how to use them.
Iā€™m saying that my patch folder deleting any files iā€™m putting in it.
Or you mean i must name file exact with crown in front of it? :crown:lkchat.ipf

Correct, the filename must lead with a unicode symbol or it will be deleted.

1 Like

Helped. You should clear this in your instructions. Iā€™m personally see quotation marks there.

Great work ! A small input from me, I had the filename issue, showing numbers such as " #Ud83d#Udc51lkchat.ipf " instead of the symbol, so I copypasted the symbol from the OP and renamed the file to " :alembic:lkchat.ipf " but it showed a rectangle instead. Somehow, even with the rectangle, it seems to work.

Iā€™m wondering though, typing /lkchat or /lkc does not work, but the window is showing properly when clicking on the chat settings button.

1 Like

I think he moved the settings from /lkc to the chat settings :smiley:
Iā€™d like to be able to open the settings from the chat by typing /lkc thoā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

/lkc /lkchat should both still work.

All my whispers chatroom randomly disappear after exiting the game. Is that normal? Have to create a new one n manually add in my friends one by one again each time.

Update to 0.4b, Iā€™ve reversed some changes which were causing whispers to disappear.