Tree of Savior Forum

Adding Founder for CBT2

Hey,

Hope this finds the IMC team, I know the point of a mmo is to make money and this will be a free to play game. I highly suggest adding founder packs to get access into the next closed beta. I am sure there are plenty of people out there that will pay to play early.

Thanks,

Eager Player

3 Likes

I’m not gonna lie, i would pay for it. Lots of people don’t like this “Founder Pack” thing tho, i’m not sure why.

I didn’t get a key for the first Beta :frowning: - so I would 100% pay for it.

1 Like

I planned on most likely investing money in this game anyway, so I’m all for a founder pack as long as it does NOT cost a boat load of money. $10-$15 is reasonable. This nonsense they pull with the $50-$200 founder packs is absolute insane nonsense.

With that said, if there were a founder pack, it should not be issued until the open beta phase, not a closed one.

2 Likes
  • The last few years, Founders Packs have been a source of misleading and overpriced content for players.
    They may not have actually lead to the problems the games had , but it’s a show of greed, I suppose.
  • We are the F2P community, even if some of us pay for stuff, this is a F2P community and an advantage given to paying customers, even one that seems of no permanent/absolute value… is often frowned upon.
  • Other reasons. (lol)

I would buy founders, but I would rather they not have it made to get into CBT2.
Yes, you’re right, many would pay for it. Though just as many would yell murder to the idea.
As of right now, I like that they’re at least using the beta test as a test for a final product rather than having volunteers pay for unfinished content.

Well, opinions aside… this is for IMC to deal with. I’ve shared my piece.
(even if you’re desperate to play, have some consideration for IMC who need to manage the testing…)

2 Likes

Oh i see.

It all comes down to what they would give to those who purchase a founder pack then.

There’s always something that people will complain but as you said this is for IMC to deal with.

PS: “Other Reasons” hahahaha, unexpectedly funny xD

This conversation again? Quit it, the betas of the game are only a 1 week time beta, do you think they will sell packs to later on people start to cry “I PAID FOR THE GAME SO I WANT TO PLAY LONGER! /cry”?

Packs work on mid/long testing betas like happened on Path of Exile (even tho you wherent obliged to buy it, just had to have patience to be selected).

I agree with the founder pack and a price of around 10 to 15 but anything more than that is quite rediculous.

I would just so they can get some money for what they are doing. BUT there are people that would say “I’m not playing this game its P2W” or some sort of.
So I would be against that, eventhough i’m willing to pay. I guess let it be equal and thats that.

The founder packs could be just early access and a key to play closed beta and throw in a headgear and a mount or something… nothing that gives you a advantage… pretty much all new games have done it. Skyforge, arch age, eos. Its a no brainer… in return we get to play early and the company makes money so they can put more time into the game and make it even better in the long run.

It’s an idea, it could be looked upon or left it at that, i support it as long as it doesn’t affect negatively future tests and players who haven’t bought the pack

Even if it was B2P. I’d still but it on steam. TOS is love!

I’m not against the idea of founders packs. But the prices on some MMO’s founder packs have been so outrageously high ( cough aura…kingd…cough ) that it has really irked me in the wrong way.

So reasonable prices that can be achieved. Don’t treat your base like cash cows like other MMO publishers out there.

Founders pack are a show of greed, but it depends on the price.

200$ is totally bullshit, but I would gladly pay for a 20$ - 30$ pack or even 50$ if the content is worth and unique (no P2W items tho, I guess it’s obvious for everyone).

1 Like

Because their mind set is “Its free, why pay?”

1 Like

Fair to say the company can benefit from founder packs… so its a no brainier…

One of the few games that are “worth” it. I would buy a 200$ Pack heck even a 1000$ one. I love the game - my friends do - my “old Ragnarok” people do - everybody i know wants it - so why not? If it helps in speeding up the process and including more and more new stuff i’m in for it.

The reason people don’t like founder packs is because companies tend to realize how much money it’s making them so they begin to milk them for an unnecessary amount of time and slow the development of the game to do so. Not saying that it will happen with these guys but you never know; a businesses goal is to make money.

1 Like

Exactly… And I read a article where IMC team even stated that they pumped all resources into launching the first CBT for English server. I just don’t get it, most games try to maximize profit when the game has got a lot of buzz. Plus I am sure they see just how many people wanted to play the beta… Its just common sense… Maybe they should hire me for their marketing team LOL.

SN: Ragnarok uses the whole kafra shop thing… I URGE THEM NOT TO DO THAT… The fact the original Ragnarok didn’t have that made it so great… They should only make money how Final Fantasy dose… with service options like fee for changing server or name change or thing like that…

I’d buy the founders pack in a heart beat :blush:

2 Likes