Tree of Savior Forum

"Add. Damage" Stat

Hi guys, i have a wizard.

I saw this generic stat called “Add. damage”, not physical or magic, just a random damage.

My question to u guys, does it work for magic damage users?

It does work with Magic damage.

The stat is quite weak though, and using it is not advised if there is an alternative.

Hmmmm, thanks for your answer.

It’s because i have assistants who have critical magic damage + xxx and Add.damage xxxx.

So, do you recommend going for the critical magic damage?

If you have enough Crit Rate, it is good going for critical magic damage. If not, raw magic attack is better.

Add damage works on every time you hit something with any line of damage. And it scales with the damage attribute enhancement of the skill. As far my experience could tell.
But, for wizards, it is not good to focus on it. It is better for AA builds that can trigger a lot of damage lines.

You should clarify this.
Add. Damage (Additional Damage) is flat damage. It does not scale with anything other than sources of bonus elemental damage (pertaining to that type) or the enemies weakness to that elemental type. It will not take the enhance bonus of other skills, unless that skill is specifically the skill that gives the Add. Damage (Additional Damage).
For ex:
Binatio https://tos.neet.tv/skills/41305
Its attribute increases its additional damage bonus. This would be the case where an attribute increases the additional damage. (only for this specific skills additional damage bonus.)

Additional damage is only strong in scenarios where:

• The enemy has large amounts of defense compared to your attack.
  • Low SFR % on skills, but high number of hits
  • You have multiple instances of damage lines (A skill or attack hits multiple times in one action)
  • Fast attacking skills
  • Auto Attacks with more that one damage line
  • Specific accessories/equipment

In most cases these scenarios will only apply to “DoT” (Damage over Time) classes and “AA” (Auto Attack) classes. There are some PvP instances as well.

If any of the above scenarios applies to your character, stat priority would be:

1. Attack (magic or physical, depending on your damage type)
  2. Green Stats (Str, Int, Con, Spr, Dex)
  3. Crit (Critical Rate) or Add. Damage (Additional Damage)
  4. Add. Damage (Additional Damage) or Crit (Critical Rate)

The reason I have 3 and 4 the way it is, is because crit will generally be the go to stat as your attack gets closer to the enemies defense (better weapons), however there are certain builds with equipment, where additional damage will be better.

Hopefully this sums up the necessary info that you need to make your decision.

If there anything I forgot or information that needs correcting, please do so.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.