Tree of Savior Forum

Add a new rank 1 classes to each class tree

Why doing so?
Because it adds more variety to builds than adding it for the last rank. As it is right now, every build have at least one rank in common, which means two characters from the same tree can’t be totally different from each other.
As an example, we have Mage tree. Every mage starts as a Wizard (usually players take at least the Sleep skill, so every Mage have Sleep). Wizard circle 2 and 3 add skills that can support above ranked classes, like Sure spell and quick cast can enhance casting powers.
So why not add a new rank 1 (with it’s 3 circles), that can support new classes in a different way? Having a buff for delay reduction, for example.

1 Like

Please not, seeing the unbalance the current system created and the fact that some lower Ranked Classes are mostly useless/only useful for special builds, it would make it even more complicated.

Also, new 1st Rank Classes would usually result in new Class trees rather than just optional starting points, otherwise it would be possible to start as Wizard and then advance into the Cleric tree e.g.

Btw, I like the identity of the Classes, Rank 1 gives you some solid skills to start your adventure with, even if you might end up not utilizing most of them anymore later on once we’ve reached Rank 10+.

It would not mix class trees, who said that?
You would just have one more option to start you’re build with. See, you would start in the Mage tree, but having Wizard or something else as your first rank.
The unbalance thing is real, and it is something IMC needs to get right asap. But it has nothing to do with having one more rank 1 choice. It would not add new trees, nor mix old ones.

1 Like

I’d rather just see them do what they’ve done with Rank 8 to some lower ranks, Make it so each rank doesn’t offer 2 new classes but rather every 3 or 4 ranks adds new classes. Like sure everyone starts as Swordsman but for C2 you can go Swordsman, Highlander, Peltasta, Barbarian, Hoplite, Rodelero or Cataphract. Merging all rank 2-4 classes together, and then all 5-7 classes together and finally 8-10 classes.OF course some buffs to some lesser classes would need to be added but overall this would be a great change to building a character because now if you wanted say C3 Paladin, C3 Monk and C3 Inquisitor, you could do it. As opposed to the current system which if priority is on Paladin and Inquisitor you can only get rank 1 Monk and are forced to take some magic class or Dievdirbys. Really hurts the Physical Cleric build when there is 1 option early on and not until rank 3.Eh maybe I’ll suggest it later in it’s own topic but as far as class tree changes go this is what I wanna see.

3 Likes

I’m not sure it’s a really good idea, maybe for a private server :wink:. Cleric is the tree which is the less in need of 3 classes at rank 1 as Heal tiles carry the game until the end. Even if you don’t want to go into Priest, Krivis, Dievdirby or Bokor you can put 3 circles in Cleric and have useful tools, because Cleric is well designed compared to other C1 classes.

Now, why not having the choice between Actual C1 class and C2 classes > Wizard/Pyromancer/Cryomancer, Swordman/Peltasta/Highlander, Cleric /Krivis/Priest and Archer/Ranger/Hunter. When you think about it, it’s not so stupid because on each tree the C1 classes would be really different from each other, maybe leading to less similar builds. But it doesn’t really solve the problem of build path. We still cant do Thaum3 Chrono3 with a R8 :frowning: .

Okay first off with my idea that build would be possible, Thauma is a rank 4 class and as such it would become a Rank 2 Class, Wizard-Thauma3-Chrono3- leading into 2 other things.

But more importantly, with the Cleric thing you assume every Cleric wants to be a healer, Cleric has a lot of great stuff in it that a tank or DPS player would want, Monks being forced into becoming more heal oriented isn’t a good thing, the best a monk can hope for is Priest for Monstrance or Krivis for Zalciai, but these aren’t really enough to make the class feel good and it still restricts them from mixing Paladin and Monk.

You shouldn’t look at Cleric as a healer class, it may be the only class line with heals but it’s got some of the most fun DPS and Tanks in it Druid, Paladin, Inquisitor, Miko, Monk, PD, and Bokor.

You can’t make Thaumaturge a R2 class… or in this case IMC would need to nerf them hard, and I don’t want to see Thaumaturge nerfed.

Not really ? What’s a healer, especially in ToS ? You don’t really have classes oriented in healing, not even Cleric because of the high CD of heal, and because one or two circle doesn’t make you a healer by far (you need stats related to heal capacity too).

It’s not really heal oriented, and I don’t get why is it a bad thing. Everyone is crying, and mostly wizards, because Cleric tree is actually the only tree where you can find heal options for your whole team… Why would you don’t want more survavibility ? Heal is so mandatory in this game, people would not go for anything else than Cleric1 at R1.

I actually run with a Cleric2 Bokor2 Monk2 (and plan to go on Plague Doctor), I feel 0 restriction in Monk. Restriction classes are almost all in Archer tree (SR, Mergen, Hacka…).

Well… Cleric as a class or a tree is meant to heal in any way. It is up to you to pick classes from Cleric tree with no heal at all. Cleric tree is really the most unrestricted tree, it’s the Super Novice actually.