Tree of Savior Forum

About the upcoming 30 minute buff duration

Why the hell is this list so unbalanced?

Swordsman has 3 buffs with 30 minutes duration:

• Sharp Spear
  • Bear
  • Gungho

Wizard has 4 buffs with 30 minutes duration:

• Magic Shield
  • Enchant Fire
  • Quick Cast
  • Rune of Protection

Cleric has 5 buffs with 30 minutes duration:

• Aspersion
  • Increased Magic defense
  • Blessing
  • Stone Skin
  • Iron Skin

Archer has 8 skills with 30 minutes duration:

• Swift Step
  • Concentration
  • Steady Aim
  • Block and Shoot
  • Praise
  • Overestimate
  • Insurance
  • Zhendu

Scout has 12 skills with 30 minutes duration:

• Free Step
  • Double Attack
  • Brutality
  • Limacon
  • Evasive Action
  • Hasisas
  • Agility
  • Enchant Lightning
  • Enchant Glove
  • Enchant Earth
  • Lightning Hands
  • Swell Brain

Please tell me why you only increased the uptime of skills that were already fine.

Where is the 30 minutes duration of Ein Sof, Guardian Saint, Revive, Divine Might, Restoration, Last Rites, Aspergillum and all the other skills that can already have 100% uptime?

If more playing comfort was the goal of the changes, it certainly didn’t achieve anything at all.
It just prolonged the time until a skill that wasn’t that essential could be recast again.

Meanwhile, very essential skills still have a very short duration (e.g. Guardian Saint) and are a pain to keep track on when actively playing the game.

Especially with the new changes to Heal (1 second CD, no overheat) I would have suspected a boost in Guardian Saint duration so I can throw out a Heal whenever I want and not having to check if Guardian Saint is up or not every 40-50 seconds.

Meanwhile, useless skills like Iron Skin and Stone skin have 30 minutes duration.
Unless they are reworked, no-one is ever going to put points into them (maybe for some edgy PVP builds they could have a niche).

About Restoration, I’m simply salty. Enchant Fire scrolls get 30 minutes duration for 11k silver per scroll now, while Restoration is stuck at 11k silver per one minute duration scroll, well played.

I say let’s make every buff became passive. The minute you learn it, voila! Forever on. Lol.

Ein Sof - Probably doesn’t get increased duration because they want to limit how many people you can put the buff on at a time.
Divine Might - Most people will probably spend all of their charges of this buff very quickly. Using those charges completely might be something that players should play around to make the most of the buff.
Revive - Probably doesn’t really matter beyond the time window that people might be without this buff if you don’t have the duration attribute. Keeping the short duration enforces that the party should properly group to refresh the buff at regular intervals. Having a longer duration reduces the maintenance on this skill. In my experience, maintaining revive has felt more ‘important’ than other priest buffs like sacrament, where failure to maintain revive leads to the party dying.

I think that for the most part the buffs with ultra-long durations should be buffs that define the persistent state of a character. I think that Guardian Saint and Last Rites should fall under that category as buffs that just give a character more healing all the time or more damage all the time.

Restoration is a weird one because it’s a buff to yourself, but it’s also a constant heal for your party. In some sense I feel that a cleric should pay with SP every time they heal. So this skill would probably be more suited being a toggle skill that consumes SP over time (like falconer’s pre-emptive strike which does damage at regular intervals while consuming SP at regular intervals).

Not gonna lie, some of the buffs for clerics sometimes seem deliberately bothersome just to give clerics more things to do.

2 Likes

Elemental Essence having 20sec duration and 20sec cooldown is silly too.

2 Likes

Not going to say they need to put 30 minutes duration on all skills.

But they could offer attributes that change the skill as they already teased and implemented for Chronomancer.

E.g. Ein Sof could become a self-buff with a duration of 30 minutes with a new level 400 attribute.

Restoration could become a 30 minute buff that takes 20-30 SP every 3 seconds with the attribute.

Revive would be just service, but at least it would make sense to change the current attribute so the duration increases to more than 2 minutes.

Guardian Saint could get an interaction attribute that prolongs the duration by 60 seconds or resets it to 60 seconds whenever Heal is used while Guardian Saint is active, at the cost of increased SP consumption of Heal (e.g. Guardian Saint:Rejuvenation).

There are so many possibilities that make sense and give people an option for a certain price/limitation, helping to make the game more pleasant.

20chars20chars20chars this

Swordsman is missing a few that should be added, but don’t think this is some sort of Scout Favoritism, as much as IMC wants Scouts to be bullshit, this is more because Scouts have a lot of buffs, I have a BM - Enchanter - Corsair I cast 9 buffs everytime I do any PvE, Then Enchant Fire Scrolls, and then 5 minutes later I am doing the same ■■■■. On my main Cleric, I cast Stone Skin, and then Heal Factor. Now Heal Factor cannot be buffed to 30 minutes for obvious reasons, and my other buffs aren’t 100% up time.

They could and should put Modafinil to 30 minutes as well but they already made the stupid decision to ■■■■ on it, so that’s unlikely.

What is really missing from this list is the Enchanters version of Overestimate as well as any skill that gives you an HP increase with 100% up time. Ein Sof would cause issues if the CD wasn’t increased and if it was increased that hurts it too much. However stuff like Samdiveve should have been on this list. You use the skill, get 100% uptime on an HP buff, but it doesn’t provide you with current HP, so you heal it up wasting a potion only to be forced to cast it again 2 minutes later and lost the current HP all over again.

We could ask the Staff to remind the developers of this issue but they don’t actually want to do anything so it’d take a pretty big voice to make @STAFF_Bob or @STAFF_Yuri to tell IMC how we feel.

Anyways @STAFF_Ethan there is a few more skills not related to HP that should be on this, such as
Iron Skin (Monk)
Hard Shield (Peltasta)
Summon Servant (Sorcerer)
Elemental Essence (Elementalist)
Fire Fox (Onmyoji)
Lightning Charm (Taoist) (This skill burns through far too much paper)
Over-Reinforce (Enchanter)
Silver Bullet (Bullet Marker)
@STAFF_Amy
Swell Hands (Thaumaturge)
Double Weapon Assault (Corsair)

On top of All summons including Zombify, Skeletons, Shoggoth, Salamion and the Grimoire Summon. We invest so much into keeping these summons alive and making them as strong as can be but then they time out, you put Enchant Fire on them and then they die before it’s time ran out, despite being full HP. The fact that they stop attacking when you do is enough to deal with afks, and their timers hurt actual players but do nothing to bots.

On top of Samdiveve, Rune of Giants, and possibly Ein Sof/Lycanthropy being skills that boost max HP but not current HP thus sort of needing an increase in duration. If there is a way to do it well. @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Letitia

this could make Melstis on Krivis somewhat useless but I want to have Finestra to have longer duration. it is a drag to cast it every minute and the character actually stops to raise its hand to cast Finestra which is annoying

1 Like

What do u mean by that, they are not changing the CD

I don’t think they should increase restoration uptime, people will buy the scrolls and forget about Clerics/potions, the impact of Enchant Fire isn’t that big and I don’t think 5min buff is worth 11k right now.

Ye, make Fanatic Illusion and Immolation 30m long pls
/20charrrrrrrrrr

These up time buffs are about making skills already 100% up time less tedious, those skills aren’t 100% up time, even though Fanatic Illusion probably should be.

Especially after the Rebuild nerfs to Zealot, making Fanatic Illusion a toggle and not forcing us to go Diev would be nice.

I mean that they increased the buff duration on a lot of skills where it didn’t really matter if they run out or not.
E.g. Agility is ± only a movement speed boost now.
Enchant Lightning and Enchant Fire simply add a little extra damage per hit, which does only matter when you attack with basic attacks.

In contrast, essential skills like Guardian Saint that can boost your Heal value by over 40% (so you see a huge difference) didn’t receive any duration increase at all.

That’s what I mean that playing comfort wasn’t increased. It just dumbed down some Classes even more (i.e. e.g. Enchanter, Schwarzer Reiter) that only need to hold one button now for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, buffs that need continuous management because they are essential (e.g. Chaplains Paraclitus time) because you get done in/cced when you let them run out or simply make some of your skills a lot less efficient (Guardian Saint for Heal/Mass Heal/Healing Factor/Restoration)
are still at very short durations, which mean it becomes even harder to manage them, especially in parties where you get a lot of useless buffs from party/guild members that fill up your buff gauge…

For me, doing something to increase the playing comfort would be equal to addressing the issues of Classes that currently suffer with changes/attributes instead of making some skill duration even longer…

To be honest, it’s even worse now, because all Basic buffs of Wizard,Swordsman,Scout and Archer now have a 30 minute duration, even Magic Shield and Bear.
Why is only Guardian Saint stuck at 60 seconds?

At this point no-one can tell me that this has to do with playing comfort or tactical management.
It’s just outright disadvantage to have to keep track of Guardian Saint while also having to watch the monsters,my HP,SP and Stamina.

I would prefer if casting Guardian Saint would consume all my SP but last for 30 minutes over having to recast it every minute…

Let’s not forget Finestra, Ole, Deeds of Valor, Epee Garde, etc., etc. Yes fine, some of them get a permanent up-time at max level, but so what, you’d want to max them anyway. There are 20 year old games that have toggles, not sure why this game can’t implement them. Having too much short buffs was the main reason I stopped playing Fencer, and playing Matador/Doppel/Barb isn’t that much better. 80% of the class is just micromanaging buffs.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.