Tree of Savior Forum

About the Corsair Buffs

I’ve been seeing the expected buffs to corsair so I would like to express my main complains about the class.

1. You can’t use Swash Buckling (peltasta skill) using a Pistol. This is so frustrating since is possible to use it with a dagger untill corsair 2, then when you start using a pistol it doesn’t work.

2. The attribute Dagger Mastery: Sudden Attack should be reworked to work with pistols as well. Or another similar version should be created to Pistols.

3. No one ever uses the skill Unlock Chest. I don’t know exactly how to rework this, but surely is not working on current state.

4. The skill Double Weapon Assault doesn’t work with pistols. So if you plain to use pistols, this skill has no use.

5. To use Double Weapon Assault, is needed to mash both buttons. It’s terrible to use this for long periods, and we lose a lot of response concentrating on pressing 2 things at the same time. I suggest that when the skill is in use, both attack buttons do the same thing: attack with both weapons.

As we can see, my main complains are about dual wielding (the core of the class) especially the use of pistols. I really expect GMs to read this and give some feedback about my suggestions.

4 Likes
  1. Agreed

2. Agreed

3. They should change to another skill.

4. This is gonna be fixed

5. You don’t need to mash both buttons. Keep off-hand attack pressed while pushing attack works fine for me.

I doubt.

Mate, one does not bang their gun’s barrel against their sword/spear/mace that’s dangerous :joy:.

Agreed

Just take it off I say, it has no use outside certain chests you can count in one hand. Same with that Chest opening attribute that gives mspd bonus after unlocking a box.

Soon

Or… you can hold C and spam Z that works too.
What DWA need is a damage mod that beefs up your damage while crisscrossing your main and offhand weapon.

What I want for Corsair is proper skill synergies within the class itself.
Right now all it has is
JR increases [Missile] damage when Frenzy buff is active= slightly stronger PistolShot
JR decreases Stamina consumption= useless AA3.0 now eat less gas

How bout make DD extend [Bleeding] debuff each hit, and Hexen deal more damage on [Bleeding] targets, least that way people will actually use KeelHauling.

1 Like

"How bout make DD extend [Bleeding] debuff each hit, and Hexen deal more damage on [Bleeding] targets, least that way people will actually use KeelHauling."
YEEESSSSS, PLEASE< GIVE DD SOME SINERGYYYYY OR UTILITYYYY< OR DMGGGG

Thanks for the replies. I’ll try holding one button and pressing the other to see how it works. Anyway, it would be more confortable to use only one buttom.
I agree with the suggestions of DD. Lets pray for some of the GMs see this.

Ive heard that jolly roger flag also can be taunt enemy soon. Is it true? Well for some map monster are attracted to it like Demon Prison map. Hmm

Yup, hopefully very soon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgipldWNSk8

1 Like

flag right now(ktos), have the same lure function as swash; so they have worked a way around it; but without doubt would be nice to allow pistol + swash!.

this should be deleted without doubt; should be a similar attribute like the one with fencer; but giving bonus to both weapons; since corsair is more or less dual wield, since all his damage skill work as main weapon+sub weapon only!

nothing to say; but the attribute from the skill is nice; would be better if corsair had that attribute working as passive , like working all the time!

the dwa skill is already working with pistol in the ktos since one or two months ago; at the first corsair balance patch !
but the really problem is still dwa; without any type of damage buff (running shot i’m loking at you), dwa would still be useless, even with the current stamina reduction, since there is no way to achieve a reasonable amount of damage to kill 300-500k mobs with it; even with unlimited stamina!
just heads up: once you use dwa, the weapon loses it’s type damage, so i do not even know if is possible to boost it’s atk, with normal buffs like lethargy; spear lunge; and so on!.

i’m have the same problem as you!; but imc seems to be blind to it; that is, we believe that the core of the class is still dual wield, because is the only class that needs weapon+sub weapon for it’s skills ; and is totally focusing corsair on the supp path, so the hype of dual wield, seems to be dead; let’s hope that a rank 9 class can come to revive it!.
and one last thing; pistol shot is a nuub trap as right now; without doubt with recent buffs, is one of a strongest skill pre rank 7 swords, if you see the total accumulation of effect; like almost unlimited aoe ratio with the new attribute; plus good cd ;number of hits; but in the end is still a noob trap; because tests made by players have show that you need to upgrade the pistol, to increase it’s damage; so right now you would need to upgrade pistol with trans system, for pistol shot, where all other skills would need main hand, and this difference really make corsair even more difficulty than already is, since pistol shot is only one skilll, against all other skills that you may have in your build!.

Yeah the pistol shot is only one skill using pistol but, since dwa work with pistol later on, why dont just take the pistol stat compare to dagger? The pistol stat might be better than dagger.

Manamana is still best non practo off hand wep
-35crit
-AAR1
-mspd1
The only way daggers will get a better is, if someone has enough luck to get 2+ gem socket slots from the free dungeon’s dagger drop upon appraisal.

I believe that it might not be so hard to switch weapon with the switch weapon attribute that Peltasta has as a Rank 2 class to switch between sword and shield and sword and pistol to use Swash Buckling, or between sword and dagger if you don’t want to go without dual wielding for even a second (sounds stupid for me though because Peltasta allows you to actively guard attacks with C so why not have a shield prepared to switch in and guard some attacks as a Corsair? You’re not some battle idiot aka Cleric or nooby Archer anyway…).

I think it’d be cool if Unlock Chest got removed and replaced with some backstab/high-dmg-from-behind-attack skill, like Rogues, that might even bring some synergy with Dust Devils turn-around effect.

Or some additional ranged pistol shot that maybe has an attribute at C2 which drains stamina from the target and recovers it for the corsair, would be useful for recovering stamina for DWA.

And yea, dagger mastery should be changed to include pistols.

yeah!, like i said, not only pistol shot is one of the strongest pre rank 7 skill right now, mainly because the recent changes, but pistol is also far stronger than normal daggers equips as well!.
but the problem lies in skill rotation, at least i can say that 99,99% players does not have enough money to upgrade even one weapon with high trans like +5 or more but two weapons, is already crazy enough!
So in the end, if you focus on the pistol, you will lose damage for all other skills swordsman have and if you try to focus on two weapon trans, you will lose a huge amount of defense because the number of shards necessary for weapon is a lot more than set-accessories , and this is where the trap lies, at least in my opinion!.

and what makes everything worse, is IMC giving the focus of corsair for missile-pistol shot, in those last balances, because if they do not add a new class that have some pistol skills, the entire problem i have write here will forever pursuit corsair character, or at least a good part of it, because at even new level cap-equips, you would need to enchant a new weapon and so on!.
this is one of the more hardcore problems of corsair in my opinion, because we saw how trans system is important at the game right now, and corsair is not cannor, or musket, that have multiple skills to use with it their new weapon, he only have one.

bumping this because i really like those ideas and hope that someone from imc will ever read this