Tree of Savior Forum

About SR3 changes in R9

I did feel a HUGE difference with SR’s gameplay today. While they did “nerf” Limacon by adding 20 sp per shot with the attrib (nothing SP pot can’t fix anyway), I also did feel I used Retreat shot more often and the buffed Marching Fire’s AoE cone! Now that’s 2 strong AoE skills on short CDs. On top of that Marching Fire will be getting an enhance attribute soon too!

I am starting to believe that the goal of Limacon’s “nerf” is to somehow switch SR’s braindead gameplay (spamming one button) to something that actually starts to feel like a class with skill rotation.

Before today, I was seriously planning to ditch my SR as it felt lackluster to me lately. But I guess imma keep the class I first loved in this game <3

…and I know it’s either Rogue 2 or App-BM1 variant

I will just go with the App-BM1 variant since my Aspana is +13 :grin:

Just for sharing, my build that I recommend people to try is:

Archer 2 Ranger 2 Appraiser SR 3 BM1

Edit: just noticed we do have the Marching Fire Enhance attrib now!

1 Like

I run the same setup for circles, just pick the skills that you can use while riding, marching fire is very handy to have now. I use it for pulling mobs or in big aoe situations, retreat shot is nice since you can use it while you auto attack, as for bm skills again I only pick the ones usable while riding. I tried out tase and it seems kinda underwhelming, napalm is really great for aoe in your face fights(plus it’s awesome animation), still testing the rest but as you said I think imc wants to make SR a more skill oriented build then just spamming the C key. Keep up the good work on my favorite class Imc!

1 Like

I know, like, almost all SR players won’t do this but is something I planned and am liking to do.

To actually pick the 3 skills that dismounts you as BM: DGS, Bloody Overdrive and R.I.P. And actually use them dismounting.

Results of testing: Making sure Limacon isn’t on cooldown when switching to DGS so you can revert back quickly, the rotation fits perfectly with Marching Fire -> Retreat Shot (+Caracole near end, optionally) -> Bloody Overdrive*2 or R.I.P.*2, depending on how organized is the group of monsters.

Bloody Overdrive is great for using when inside a group/monster/boss hitbox because it gives the the same effect as aiming. So it’s great to use on Frost Pillars or similar situations when your other skills are on cooldown. Total damage is over 500k+.

R.I.P. AoE is really good and you get to hit monsters in a line behind the target as well. It doesn’t require good monster grouping and the 2 overheats can kill the monsters on HG350.

Skill/Weapons which I have while using those skills: +16 T10 Aspana, 60% Lv.1 skill, no glass mole used.

Also, it requires an addon such as Easy Mount or Mount’er Good to make sure your pet doesn’t bug and gets stuck in place instead of following you preventing from remounting. As well might require a pet with decent defense/HP so it doesn’t die, which also prevents riding for a few seconds.

This follow the same logic as for why I kept Ranger3 before (I’ll switch to Ranger2 Appraiser now): Having (and using) more AoE skills while killing huge group of monsters.

Additionally, one of the main reasons I’m going to use Appraiser is due to Blind Side + Full Metal Jacket. With Lv.5 FMJ + Silver Bullet bonus + Steady Aim + Glass Mole you probably can hit 777k/cap damage (I got a 616k with Lv.1 skill).

Same applies for Bloody Overdrive/R.I.P. uses since the Blind Side has a similar AoE, making sure it they deal enough damage (with more crits) to be worth using.

This require a far more active gameplay but yeah, it works. Also, R.I.P. and Bloody Overdrive are actually useful in TBL.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.