Tree of Savior Forum

About drop system in TOS

Drop Per Kill e.g. after a certain number of kills/spawns per map/channel a monster type drops X item.

It would be more taxing if it was running while the mob is alive, if it only does when they spawn and keep on the waiting until someone go there and kill them, i think it is less taxing.

It is the concept i think.

You know this because the Oracle class has a skill to see the drops which a monster drops when killed. This is proof that the drops are already determined before the monster is killed.

computing power (CPU cycles) are actually less demanding on the system than hard drive I/O. Storing everything in databases and reading/writing from the hard drive slows the system down more than calculating.

@Nirimetus

It would actually calculate on monster death, which is the same as doing it on spawn.

That said, in the current server state, not optimized, and if the host is working with SSD it is less problematic, but SSD on a host that need lots of data writing is not worth, unless there is some sort of technology i am not aware about.

Indeed.

Its not, the drop may be set on kill AND on oracle sight instead of on spawn.
+[quote=“Yuuseki, post:18, topic:305637”]
computing power (CPU cycles) are actually less demanding on the system than hard drive I/O. Storing everything in databases and reading/writing from the hard drive slows the system down more than calculating.
[/quote]

makes more sense than predetermining drops on spawn.
Oracle chance doesnt work on shining mobs though, they have a fixed loottable as someone found out with change skill.

Oh, and there is this guy here on the boards who is sure to have proven DKP system. He had a friend of his to kill a mob with a 100% drop chance on an item cause he kill counted until then -> that only works with droptable on kill (which is also an explanation for delayed droppings, otherwise there would be needed a function to create drop delay)

Arrrgh, how can I miss out such impt thing like memory hierarchy. bangs head >.>

Anyway without any known tables and the game’s architecture it will be hard to deduce which is more likely, calculation on mob spawn/death or via a pre-determined loot table.

Could be, but it’s VERY unlikely.

That was the guy i meant before

i tested myself with hanaming, though its not a “protected” environment

2-Every X amount of kills of a particular monster on the same channel drops his DPK item.

• ay, almost every 200 kills drops aras recipe

3-Channel kill count is based on kills of all players.

• ay, my kill amount varied by visitors for quest, but almost constant 200

4-DPK resets after the item DROP.

• ay, this is just a conclusion

tested as a swordsman class,
i got exactly double the amount of swords compared to bows, which is an indicator for
6-For weapons, the respective class has double points in the dpk system.
Meaning swordmans gets sword,2handsword by half DPK required for the
other 3 classes.

its rng. just leave it at that

You are free to believe this, and with other players contributing to kills it comes close to rng for each individual, but it guarantees drops after x amount of kills instead of the possibility of zero drops after a million kills.
Either way, if you want to farm something, sooner or later its gonna drop.

RNG does the same thing as you explained.
However your method doesn’t explain how I obtained 2 hanaming gems, 3 recipe 7 swords and 382 petals+some silver nothing else on 503 kills soon as server opened after maint

all except for the 2 gems sound almost fine. thaumaturg?

Well my point is theory you believe in about DPK and your experiment proves there is a possibility the games taking either DPK or random drop system. While my new character trying to get a black dye proves DPK wrong.
Also unpacked data results of drop table which you can find on google easily shows the percentage or rates in 1/1000 ratio. Never seen any site that shows drop per kill ratio. Might be true there is a possibility there is DPK value on top of random drop so we get some sort of buffed drop rate, but other than that sole existence of DPK doesn’t seem right. I was doing it on a swordman btw.

I’m not against people testing and posts their results, since DPK can exist. I actully appreciate their tries, but I just wanted to point out game isn’t DPK seeing how 503 kills dropped 2 monster gems, while DPK cannot provide such result.

1 Like

basically if its dpk, then people are going to exploit it. and isnt that against rules?
so what do u want to accomplish anyway?

it could be rng it could be dpk, but basically its a pandora’s box.

Your current drops and killcount are in line with dkp assuming there has been at least one other person doing about 100 kills for a total of approx 600. That gives a guaranted 3 recipes and on my swordsman test 1 sword per 100 kills.

Of course this also can be totally rng, big BUT that would also come with a variable amount of kills per drop instead of always dropping in set intervals. How much of luck needs to be involved for a 0,05% drop to always occur after 200 events?
I even screenshoted the last few.
Gonna make a video i guess.

Just the result stays the same: peoole are still going to farm anyway. At least you know its definitly going to drop at a given point.
Would be cool if we could only use a single thread if you like to participate on this topic too.
we make an assumption, trial n error it and either conclude it was proven wrong! (yes, there are total rng drops ingame, like hanaming petal) or have to accept we can not prove it right no matter how much indication we find. As long as we get no developer insight this stays a likely possibility

1 Like

You cant really “exploit” it unless you are the only person to farm, see your desired item drop once, count until a 2nd drop and then call a thaumaturg for swell body on every next drop :wink:

As soon as someone else joins for farming you have to killcount the other players too which makes it either very difficult or in cade of global map spawns impossible (hello vubbe fighter)

I was alone in the map channel 13 and it was right after maintenance.
as you explained how maintenance flushes out kill count built so far, and seeing how I’ve never gotten the gem on my other 3 chars from farming at least 500 of each getting 2 in less than 500 kills which took me like 15 min at tops? This result does not prove the DPK doesn’t exist, however it explains the drop system isn’t “SOLELY” dependent on DPK.
From this there are only 2 possibilities.

1. Drop system is completely RNG
  2. Drop system is based on RNG, but there is DPK system built in on the side to help farming.

This. It also might probably be a mix of the two drop types. I too have been farming hanamings for at least 500 on each of my chars. I’ve always made it a point to farm them for the hair dye. But, as far as I have noticed, the aras’ falchion definitely drop somewhere along 150 to 200 kills give and take because there are strays that spawn at the infroroktor part of the map. I always get at least 2, if not 3 recipes if I get the first one early when I am done getting the dye. That is of course, on an empty map and on the wee hours of the morning.

They literally never commented on anything :joy: