Tree of Savior Forum

About drop system in TOS

So this way sounds really unfair, you haven’t any chance of drop per monster kill D:
How you know this?

No it is not like this, i can tell that, since i got once 3x glass brac while questing in Downtown while my friend only got 1. And we didn’t killed more than 1000 monsters and where the only ones atm at that map if memory don’t trick me now.
Anoher example is, last week while leveling my Sadhu me and the very same friend where at Forest of Prayer, she was helping me on quests, and while we where killing Stoulet Archers i got 3 thick chains, while she got none, and that map is filled with bots.

I got one or 2 more later on Grand Corridor while she got none, and it was 4 people questing there, me, she and 2 more players.

As for the cubes, it would be like @tikzfuu said, of course more calculations are involved.

1 Like

Wouldn’t RNG at spawn be more taxing to the server? If each monster needs to roll a drop rate%* 10000* Math.rand() on spawn then match it to the corresponding monster loot table it will take up more computing power when the server refreshes the monsters every now and then?

Personally I think that an incremental drop table is more likely. Like a table with predetermined drops on each row with a counter to increment the pointer everytime a monster pertaining to that table is killed. The server can then refresh the table once it reaches the end of the rows. This saves more computing power since lesser rand() calculations are needed?

Please correct me if I’m wrong - wouldn’t that qualify as DPK then?

I really need to refresh my knowledge on acronyms. What is a DPK?

Drop Per Kill e.g. after a certain number of kills/spawns per map/channel a monster type drops X item.

It would be more taxing if it was running while the mob is alive, if it only does when they spawn and keep on the waiting until someone go there and kill them, i think it is less taxing.

It is the concept i think.

You know this because the Oracle class has a skill to see the drops which a monster drops when killed. This is proof that the drops are already determined before the monster is killed.

computing power (CPU cycles) are actually less demanding on the system than hard drive I/O. Storing everything in databases and reading/writing from the hard drive slows the system down more than calculating.

@Nirimetus

It would actually calculate on monster death, which is the same as doing it on spawn.

That said, in the current server state, not optimized, and if the host is working with SSD it is less problematic, but SSD on a host that need lots of data writing is not worth, unless there is some sort of technology i am not aware about.

Indeed.

Its not, the drop may be set on kill AND on oracle sight instead of on spawn.
+[quote=“Yuuseki, post:18, topic:305637”]
computing power (CPU cycles) are actually less demanding on the system than hard drive I/O. Storing everything in databases and reading/writing from the hard drive slows the system down more than calculating.
[/quote]

makes more sense than predetermining drops on spawn.
Oracle chance doesnt work on shining mobs though, they have a fixed loottable as someone found out with change skill.

Oh, and there is this guy here on the boards who is sure to have proven DKP system. He had a friend of his to kill a mob with a 100% drop chance on an item cause he kill counted until then -> that only works with droptable on kill (which is also an explanation for delayed droppings, otherwise there would be needed a function to create drop delay)

Arrrgh, how can I miss out such impt thing like memory hierarchy. bangs head >.>

Anyway without any known tables and the game’s architecture it will be hard to deduce which is more likely, calculation on mob spawn/death or via a pre-determined loot table.

Could be, but it’s VERY unlikely.

That was the guy i meant before

i tested myself with hanaming, though its not a “protected” environment

2-Every X amount of kills of a particular monster on the same channel drops his DPK item.

• ay, almost every 200 kills drops aras recipe

3-Channel kill count is based on kills of all players.

• ay, my kill amount varied by visitors for quest, but almost constant 200

4-DPK resets after the item DROP.

• ay, this is just a conclusion

tested as a swordsman class,
i got exactly double the amount of swords compared to bows, which is an indicator for
6-For weapons, the respective class has double points in the dpk system.
Meaning swordmans gets sword,2handsword by half DPK required for the
other 3 classes.

its rng. just leave it at that

You are free to believe this, and with other players contributing to kills it comes close to rng for each individual, but it guarantees drops after x amount of kills instead of the possibility of zero drops after a million kills.
Either way, if you want to farm something, sooner or later its gonna drop.

RNG does the same thing as you explained.
However your method doesn’t explain how I obtained 2 hanaming gems, 3 recipe 7 swords and 382 petals+some silver nothing else on 503 kills soon as server opened after maint

all except for the 2 gems sound almost fine. thaumaturg?

Well my point is theory you believe in about DPK and your experiment proves there is a possibility the games taking either DPK or random drop system. While my new character trying to get a black dye proves DPK wrong.
Also unpacked data results of drop table which you can find on google easily shows the percentage or rates in 1/1000 ratio. Never seen any site that shows drop per kill ratio. Might be true there is a possibility there is DPK value on top of random drop so we get some sort of buffed drop rate, but other than that sole existence of DPK doesn’t seem right. I was doing it on a swordman btw.

I’m not against people testing and posts their results, since DPK can exist. I actully appreciate their tries, but I just wanted to point out game isn’t DPK seeing how 503 kills dropped 2 monster gems, while DPK cannot provide such result.

1 Like

basically if its dpk, then people are going to exploit it. and isnt that against rules?
so what do u want to accomplish anyway?

it could be rng it could be dpk, but basically its a pandora’s box.