Tree of Savior Forum

About choosing a lower rank class at higher level

At the moment if you’re at high rank but want to choose a class from earlier rank it would have a huge penalty compared to just choose a class in your current rank, this limit the customisations which is not nice =(

The problem come from the flat damage of the skills, like if you get a class at rank 7 and you think the skill would combo well with Pyro (rank 2) so you want to get Pyro at rank 8, but you can’t go back because the damage from Pyro is now too low to be usable.

I understand that it’s not good to just increase the scaling of all skills, because people may not even bother to use the higher rank skills anymore. But I want to at least when I choose any class at high rank, I should get the damage I deserve of that rank.

So I suggest a system that increase your skill damage based on “the rank that the classes become avaible” and “the rank that the player choose to get that class”.

Something like:
Skill damage = default damage + [(“Your current class rank” - “The rank class become available”)x10%]

Well the 10% maybe too much, so it need adjustment.

For example: if you choose Pyro (a rank 2 class) when you’re at rank 8 (your current rank) then the damage bonus would be [(8 - 2) x 10%] = 60%
So when you choose the Pyro at rank 8 all of your Pyro skills will have 60% more damage than when you choose it at rank 2 :smiley:

Sorry for my bad english
Edit: fix some typos

6 Likes

i think most people agree with you.

when i was forming my build i aways think whats skills still will be relevant in the higher ranks, and noticed how that limit my options

like choosing linker in mage is the best option on higher level (rank6+) because the linker skills will aways be useful even at rank 10

i think they should do this, maybe even with some buffs. not sure if it needs to even be complicated, you just need a rank modifier: skill attack * rank.

It would be nice, but i’m not sure how strong we are once we’ve capped attributes so it’s hard to have a stance on it.

yes I think so too, only the dev can test this though XD

And since the skill damage is flat value I think maybe it’s not too hard to balance it out.

At the current state, attribute double the flat damage of the skills so if we count in attributes then the difference between low rank and high rank skill will become overwhelming larger @-)

For example: if each skill increase by 2 damage per rank then the rank 2 skill will deal 2x2 = 4 damage, and rank 8 will deal 8x2 = 16 (12 damage different)
Now double the damage from 100 attribute we have
4x2 = 8 which is a lot lesser than 16x2 = 32 (24 damage different)

even with 60% more damage to rank 2 skill (make it go up to 12.8) it still deal lesser damage than rank 8 but at least it’s more acceptable