Tree of Savior Forum

About AOE Defense Ratio

Does anybody knows how it really works? I mean, it reduces the damage taken? Or something else? I searched, and searched, but got nothing, only outdated topics… even so, nothing really helpful…

Hi man, AOE defense Ratio works like this:

Everyone has an AOE defense ratio attributte, players, monsters, npcs, etc.
And it influence how many enemies you can hit with an attack that uses AOE Attack Ratio.

For example:
There are 3 monsters, monster A has 1 AOEDR, monster B has 2 AOEDR, monster C has 3 AOEDR.
If you launch an attack that 4 AOEAR, it’ll hit only monsters C and B, since you subtract 3 from your AOE AR from monster C and 2 from monster B.

You have like this:
C=3, you subtract 3 from your 4 AOEAR and you still have 1 AOAR, so you can hit one more monster.
B=2, you subtract 2 from your remaining AOEAR and you endup with -1 AOEAR, so you can’t hit the third monster.

If you had 7 AOEAR, you could hit all 3 and even a fourth one, since C+B+A=6, you end with 1 still.

I understood what you told me… But how does it would apply on PVP? I mean… For exemple, if I had 14 AOE Defense ratio, I would “block” someone’s aoe skill that doesn’t have 14 AOE attack ratio, or if there’s too much ppl on the AOE area? Or AOE defense would decreases the damage taken? It’s too complicated, and for some reason, IMC keep this informations like it was a secret.

If your opponent uses an area attack that has 14 AOEAR on a group of players, but you have 14 AOEDR, you’ll be the only one to suffer the attack. since you subtract it: 14-14=0, he don’t have any more AOEAR to hit anyone besides you.

You just have to pay attention that some skills doesn’t use AOEAR, like for example Falconer’s Pheasant that hit 15 targets fixed. In this case AOEAR Vs. AOEDR calculation doesn’t apply.

I saw something like this… AOE skills that uses attack aoe ratio, hits the one who has most AOE defenses first, right? So, in pvp, it wouldn’t be bad for someone to have the higher aoe defense ratio, since you’re always gonna be the one who takes the dmg? Besides, there’s no mitigation of the damage himself, right?

1 Like

Here’s a very good illustration on how it works in PVP.

6 Likes

OMG! This game is hilarious! AUHAUHAU’ What SHOULD make you LIVE, actually makes you DIE! HAUHAUAHUAU

1 Like

or… you can make your pet tank all the damage just by standing close to it
:tired:

PVP players actually exploit this mechanic to counter against a lot of physical classes

I almost made the biggest mistake… I almost took 20 AOE defense with my scout, ‘cause I though that I would be harder to be killed… Huahuhau’ #sad

Btw, thanks a lot guys! You saved my day!

Yeah, they should have damage reduction if your AoE defense is greater than the offense.
Eg. Attacker with 4 AoE ratio, and Defender with 8, it should have the damage cut in half.

This also allows more stats, people with ignore defense will not work against AoE defense.

No no no and no
No more fcking buff for Genbu pls.

Attack will prioritize highest AOEDR first so that’s why that high AOEDR pet strats work.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.