Tree of Savior Forum

About afk silver farming Wizards and how to rebalance people to play actively

So since a lot of people think that macroing and/or afking with Sorcerers and Necromancers, I think those classes summons need a major rework to counter this. I suggest the following:

Necromancer:
Give every summon (Skull Archer, Skeleton Soldier, Shoggoth) the same incurable decay debuff that Bokors zombies have. They are made from corpse/carrion, so why should they not decay at all while Bokors zombies do decay? This makes no sense at all. To make it fair, the CD time of Create Shoggoth should be lowered to ~180 seconds so a new one can be summoned once the old one decayed.

Sorcerer:
Ok, since the Sorcerer doesn’t summon from corpses, he’d need another treatment than the Necromancer. I suggest that the summoned Monsters coming from “Summoning” get an attacklimit instead, meaning they will automatically decompose/return to the shadow realm once they have used up all their magic energy that has been put into them during the summoning process. Best would be something between 50 and 60 attacks, which would lead to ± 1 attack per second CD time. This should be sufficient to make the player play the game instead of afk-ing and come back after several hours to check on his silver balance.

block afk farm = more bots

just add captcha and problem solved.

That’s a really weak argument. Sorcerers and Necromancers are simply too strong in farming places like Dina Bee farm, and TOS has no means to counter this. In Ragnarok online, The Alchemist class was the predestined afking class because their homunculi could just kill in a place with a high spawn rate to level up itself+its master. However, there was no such a thing as dropped silver and items weren’t autolooted,too, making it just a farming for exp.

In TOS, however, people just farm silver this way, which is not really the way it should be. Some maps are practically filled with these afk-farmers (who are no different than bots in my opinion since they use the program code to play the game for them instead of playing it) who earn a fortune and flood the market with silver [the same as bots do], rising market prices even higher than they already are on precious items.

Also, considering the strengh of the summons, having them up unlimitedly is just not right/fair. They should have a limitation like every other skill/summoning spell does,too, especially it it prevents potential abuse.