Tree of Savior Forum

A word about econmy,

Dear IMC.

You’ve stated in your previous post that ,we should speak our mind about this “economy” issue.
I just want to put it out there for you that,
I don’t want to make a bad example of a game, but I will , some might not like my opinion.

I want to tell you about Archage and it’s economy.
Ignoring the fact that you can pay IRL money for gold, which might or might not be the reason it fell off as far as popularity is concerned. It too meant to be the game of the century.

However one of primary complains there was that the publishers would screw with the economy on regular basis , either by introducing economy breaking items in cash shops or directly.

1. How can you allow this injustice? How can you allow some players to get 20k per recipe and others 2k when selling?
    HECK something that would give me previously 5k would now give me 500 silver. Tell me which essentials can you buy with that kind of money? 2 mana pots 1 health pot and a stamina pill? What about everything else ranging from
    Socketing , repairs , upgrading weapons and class specific supplies.
    If you want combat the inflation as you stated… You absolutely CANNOT make cash earned less than your even most basic spending is.
    I mean come on… cutting income 10x? Maybe I could live with 5x I’m not sure at this point in time.

2. What happens now ? Every time the economy changes we mess with the numbers?
    If you feel so bad about players amassing too much wealth. Why not introduce a wealth tax. At least that way we wouldn’t have to screw with both the new players and the economy itself.
    It’s a stupid Idea , but hey I’m not a genius at the same time, who can make such magnificent game .

Peace