Tree of Savior Forum

A way to prevent Kill-Stealers

So, I’ve noticed a pretty bad issue with this game upon it’s first day in playing. It’s far too easy to steal kills from other players. It doesn’t matter how much damage you do, or how long you’ve fought it. Because, anyone can walk right up and deal the final blow and steal your rewards / prevent you from progressing on a quest.

I was stuck on several quests, (mostly in the crystal mine), due to kill stealers. My suggestion is simply, change the fights to have the EXP and rewards / quest stuff to go to the biggest contributor.

The person who deals the most damage to the monster will get the rewards for the defeat, and anyone else who attacked but wasn’t the biggest contributor can get assist EXP, but don’t get any rewards / quest progress.

There’s also people who kill steal by accident without realizing it I’m sure, but It’d be very beneficial if we were to have a kill-steal prevention system in place.

one sad thing with what your proposing is that low damage dealers who legitimately took first hit will ALWAYS be ks’d by a nuker

it shouldn’t be an issue really because if you KS a mob, the items will be initially locked to the player who hit that mob first, this is true for normal drops but i’m not certain for quest items that go directly to your inventory

quest items are often affected badly by server lag, sometimes killing a ton of mobs won’t give you the quest items, but suddenly after some time, the quest items will come flooding in all at once

i am not sure with the EXP from ks’d mobs, but i am pretty sure regarding the items