Tree of Savior Forum

A New (Unexpected) Way To Play Doppel? •

Hello everyones !
Here is another Doppelsoeldner’s Build post. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Everyones knows the “meta”… Full Dex… Highlander c3… Blabla…Bla.
But I would like to play something more… special.
Something nobody ever tried.
Something wich should be fun to play, upgradeable with Rank 9+ new classes, and still viable?

Let’s say I want to play a “high/full STR Dual-Wielding Doppel C3”.

Here is the path I think I will follow.

Check List :
• Bash: Knockdown + Punish: Earthquake
• Restrain
• Thrust: Bleeding + a lot of STR to scale.
• Concentrate + a lot of STR to scale.
• Pouncing & Cyclone: movement
• Warcry + Frenzy + Max Deeds of Valor + a lot of STR = a f**king lot of p.atk.

Remember I am not looking for the “meta”, I am looking for something fun BUT still viable. (with IMC style of “fix” maybe the meta will be STR in some time… :stuck_out_tongue: )

For the futur, If there are no good Rank 9 class, I plan to get Shinobi and if there are no good Rank 10 class (in a far far futur), i plan to get Swordsman c3. :smile:
The advantage to not stick to Two-Handed Swords is if a new kind of weapon comes to the game with the Swordsman Rank 9+ classes we will be in first position to get it ! (I still dream about axes or two-handed hammers…)

What do you guys think about it? Does It worth the try? or am I just mad?
I would like any comment to help me to chose my final path before using my Rank Reset Voucher. :slight_smile:

Thank you for reading.

Actually I’m already playing my doppel like this, but I have high c1 instead of swordie c2.

They are planning to rework stats, STR and INT in priority, so that’s good to know.

It’s still a good choice though, both are viable, it depends on your preference, especially the concentrate level 10 and restrain that will allow you to stunlock enemies.

Since I play full str, the con of picking highlander would be that I don’t get much profit from the increased critical attack attribute, but at least I’m not relying on critical attacks to deal damage and the new cartar stroke doubled damage deals a lot and gives you a strike type attack, which is really valuable in the doppel path, plus, deeds of valor gives a nice amount of damage (it only boosts base damage, which means the damage you gain with str, no item related).

So far I deal as much damage as other swordies when they crit, without crits from me. I’m not max level yet, but I count on the barb buffs which will give more critical rate on cleave to have a little more crits. 20-30% would be enough for me.

[details=Skill related]
You should get rid of Thrust, past some levels you won’t even use it, and get that point into gung ho, so you’ll have it at least level 3 and you will be able to buy the attribute, which is better than nothing.

Pommel beat isn’t really useful, so take it back and you’ll need to get an extra point, either from concentrate or pain barrier, your choice, and put them into bash so you’ll have the knockdown attribute too, you need it level 3.

Helm chopper isn’t useful, just take it at level 1 for its CC, you’ll also want Seism at max level, it’s probably the main reason why people pick barbarian, leave the other points into cleave.

Punish isn’t that great tbh, it got a pretty long cooldown and needs knocked down enemies to get its attribute working, just leave it at level 1, zornhau, zucken and redel at level 1 (try getting them to 6 and then reset so you’ll have the attributes for these 3), and put the others points into zwerchhau and sturtzhau.

You can also take back mordshlag to get double pay earn, your choice again here.[/details]

At the moment, dragoon and fencer are a bit ahead of doppel, you could also try and look at their paths, they’re really strong and fun to play.
I’d like to advise you, with the new ranks coming out, it’s either you pick one of the new class, because they gain absurd damages (look the difference between R7 and R8) or either your build is ruined, picking earlier class ranks would be like digging yoru own grave. It’s a permanent gamble until all the ranks are released.

All of this is my personal choice, if you want to stick with your current build, go for it, the main reason of playing a game is to have fun, I enjoy playing it like this, it works well and I feel a doppel should be played with str, but whatever floats your boat and eventually make it bounce for the extra fun.

You can definitely play with a high STR dop, i’m playing one, currently 320~.

Just remember that you don’t have any physical def because of DoV and the lack of evasion.

Thanks for your answers. :wink:

But you are not dual-wielding. :stuck_out_tongue:

I allready have the attribute, as for Gung Ho than for Bash.
Increasing Bash gives only a few ridiculous amount of damages and Gung Ho only gives +6 p.atk, that’s why I prefer to put one single point in them and get Thrust & Pommel Beat, with bleeds scaling with STR and both skills usable by Shinobi clones (if I get this class on Rank 9).

I wanted to give a try to Helm Chopper instead of Seism because it’s a true multi-hit (unlike Seism), and an additionnal source of Strike damages. It have less AoE but whatever… We can’t have all. :slight_smile:

I completly agree with you about it. But… remember. I wish to have no two-handed swords requierment obligation in this build = no doppel c2 & 3 skills. ^^

Agree. If there is a good rank 9/10 class, I’ll pick it for sure !
But, if there are only tanks or supportive class (or class wich does not fulfill my gameplay) I bet I prefer play Shinobi than some monstruous hybrid "just because “raw skills dmgs”.
Anyway, this build should do well with Auto-Attacks. :stuck_out_tongue:

YAY! I’m a motherf**king glass canon ! :laughing:
More seriously, I was playing Pelta 1 ATM (instead of Sw2) to get more toughness, but I am bored of switching between shield/two-handed swords (unplayable with the current latency of the game).
That’s why I was thinking about dual-wielding Doppel…

I am glad listening somes HL are still playing STR doppel atm. GL&HF :wink:

Nah you’re not taking them for this. Getting gung ho to level 3 allows you to buy the swordsman attribute which will give 50 extra physical attack. And for bash, you will need it level 3, because if it isn’t, you can’t buy the knockdown attribute and thus, be unable to use punish.
Shinobi works well with swordsman C3 because of double slash, not because of pommel beats, it’s too weak… But it’s better than nothing, yeah.

A bleed scaling with str is pretty bad actually… The good ones are the one scaling with physical attack, like cross cut or palm strike with the attribute. And I got bad news, there’s a glitch since forever that glitches out the activation of the bleeding with the stun from restrain, but it’ll work with the barbarian stuns so keep that in mind. [quote=“bephamoth, post:4, topic:343484”]
I wanted to give a try to Helm Chopper instead of Seism because it’s a true multi-hit
[/quote]

Indeed it is, but fake multi-hits aren’t an issue when you’re playing a full str build(since true multi-hits would allow you to do multiple crit, with no crit rate it’s no use), so seism would still be more powerful.[quote=“bephamoth, post:4, topic:343484”]
I wish to have no two-handed swords requierment obligation in this build
[/quote]
You could just switch weapons when your two handed stance is required, get the spells on cooldowns then switch to dual wielding again.[quote=“bephamoth, post:4, topic:343484”]
I bet I prefer play Shinobi than some monstruous hybrid "just because “raw skills dmgs”.Anyway, this build should do well with Auto-Attacks.
[/quote]

I agree with you, but at this point you should try to get corsair (at least C2), so you’ll get double weapon assault combined with deeds of valor, your auto-attacks would be so fast, I’m sure it will work. And honestly, seeing a ninja performing double auto-attacks at 150% attack speed would probably look reaaally cool.
I always got and wanted to try this idea, but I’m already satisfied with my actual swordie.

You missunderstood me. ^^
I allready have bash: knockdown attribute.
I had bash lv.3, bough it, then skill reset.
So my bash is now lv.1 and I have the attribute

I am curently playing with weapon switch and it’s a pain in the ass with the game latency… Would like to avoid doing this… :confused:

I agree, it could be realy cool.

It’s not even working right now, my pirate kunoichi can’t make her prey bleed.
:cry:

Stay positive fellow sword wielding bretheren

Also since you’re making use of the Barb3 route, better make use of the soon to come skill changes made by Wild attribute.

Not to rain on anyones parade but is it actually dual wielding without DWA?
I mean the dagger is pretty much just stats. You can’t use it to block nor to attack :confused: (I seriously want a duelist class that can block/parry with Dagger now xD)

So sad… Ok , I won’t cout on Bleeding for now.

Yes! I realy like Wild attribute and I plan to use it a lot. :wink:
Sprint for max stacks + Restrain + Pouncing with attribute looks awesome. :smile:
Same for Cleave. BTW I heard a rumor about Cleave critical rate gain increasing with skill level (something like +10/lvl, max 200 on lv.15)… It should be huge but I dunno if it’s real or just a fake.

I may be wrong but I think you can use your secondary weapon with an hotkey. But since it count as an attack swing, and dagger having less damages than your main hand weapon, it’s just a waste of damages.
DWA allows you to attack with both weapons at the same time on each attack swing.
OTOH there are some nices daggers for STR doppel and one extra gem slot plus some extra stats could be nice!

Solmiki +100 crit rate plus Green gem plus main hand… We could allmost crit with full STR build!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Forgot about that option. You can but you won’t :wink:

Do not worry. I do not plan to use daggers to attack.
I wanted to dual-wield for the off-hand stats. :wink:

I still need to do some maths and see if it worth the try stacking Crit. Rate on gears (Sissel, Solmiki Dagger, Green gems,…) or if it’s better to stack damages (Lionhead Dagger) and definitively give up with crits.
I wonder how much Crit. Rate we will be able to have with new gears and Cleave improvements. :slight_smile:

Anyones knows when the kTOS barbarian’s changes will reach iTOS?
I can’t wait for Feral stacks changes…

I have noticed that too.
Imo it could be usefull with Wild Nature and prevent of running out of STA.
Don’t know if it worth Barb3/Shinobi…

Waiting for when Shinobi ll be able to copy Barbarian’s skills… :stuck_out_tongue: