Tree of Savior Forum

A little notice regarding lore

Reading through the story page i notices a slight naming error(?) in the story.

In our (Lithuanian) mythology these names Ausrine and Vakarine were the actual names for the goddesses. Ausrine star and Vakarine star were the names for Venus planet, depending during which time it became visible in the sky.

Long story short, i suggest to use the same naming for the goddesses either with star or without.

Its based on the mythology, its not supposed to be the exactly same.

4 Likes

Pretty much it. Nando saves the day.

That lore page needs updating. Some terms used in that page have been changed in the English Translation of the game.

Example: “Day of the Divine Tree” ==> “Medis Diena” in the game

Then it goes to the translation report(?) or bug report for the website(?) i think.

1 Like

You’re on fire aren’t you ?

I dont get what you mean, if its my pps (post per second lmfao) then yeah im gonna pps this forum.

On a serious note, just trying to help the best i can, im not dissing neither flaming anyone since i dont have that right.

I am not very familiar with Lithuanian lore, but it is really very interesting. I think I will look into it to learn more.

Theres an old post about it someone wrote but i cant find right now, try search it it was a extensive explanation about the myths.

you mean this?

1 Like

Yeah that one. I posted there but its not showing on my history on the profile.

I posted it here sine i was unable to find other appropriate section. I might be blind, if so, show me the way!

I know that it should not be exactly the same and i am not bashing at that. However, since they are using Lithuanian mythos and lithuanian words, i believe that case/meaning errors/inconsistency should be fixed.

Also the names of the hoddesses, as well as p.s., uses lithuanian words, not their baltic alternatives.

P.s.: more fuel to the fire: The example above, “Medis diena” translates to two nouns - “tree day”, at the very least, genitive case should be used: ‘Medzio diena’.

1 Like

Dont get me wrong, im not bashing or dissing your corrections, but you know that when some use certain names from religious or mythological entities there are some groups that dont like much the idea, so i think IMC modified a bit to not cause any unecessary commotion.

Thats the problem, they did not modify them. Ausrine star is the pagan name for venus, Ausrine is the name for the goddess. Same logic applies to Vakare/Vakarine (star).
If they didn’t stick to the mythos, I’d stay silent. Right now, for me it is the same thing as changing uncle Sam to uncle Sam’s hat when referring to the person :slight_smile:

Yeah you got a point there, but it could be something to do with language pronouncement, you know like in japanese they pronoun L as R, and some english words they pronoun sound different like love is rabu or something like that lol, i cant say for sure since i dont know their language structure.

I really liked the religious/history lesson^^ ty Anyway we could imagine a parallel history time line for the game where we would have two named planets for two different goddesses, so the devs can go for the bugs/polish and release this game faster - =DD

Well independent of which is, and i do care for lore in a game since its one of the main points for me (i generaly read the whole dialog, would preffer if it was audio dialog but who knows what IMC will do in the future), the game is much fun, and i bet it will be even more with the XP rate normalized (i think it is we dont know how it will be in the OBT/Release).

Haha i had to write this. With all the game plots happening everywhere else in the world, someone finally noticed this little region with population that is only slightly larger than that of Manhattan.
There is no way i could’ve let my chance go. ^^

I hope that they will unify the names of the goddesses and make both of them sound similar!

See you in the next beta. Chao~