Tree of Savior Forum

A letter to IMC staff About [SA] server problems and lack of comunication

Personally I couldn’t care less about not being able to connect this instant into Silute. I prefer IMC to take their time into solving this issue, instead of pushing quick improved fixes that will not solve the situation in the near future.

And yes, I paid for the pack. I don’t give a damn about having to wait a couple days since I’m planning to play for years to come.

1 Like

you’re talking about hiring users -as- staff, so it all starts from the same point.

__account age - zero indicator. maybe it’s a new account, by a skilled helper who abandoned their old account because they were getting harassed.
__number of solved posts - lol, like that matters. i’ve seen people mark their own post as a solution. “i’ve got high level characters, you’re an idiot”
__great posts/links - that needs people to actually read all the posts and judge them. just having a lot of “likes” doesn’t make a post good, it just means people agree with it (even if it’s wrong.)
__most helpful badges - is that even a thing?

not to mention any or all of these things could be manipulated easily.

and what about the people applying in hopes of causing trouble?

if you’re going to keep repeating the same ticket over and over, you don’t deserve more than an automated response.
besides, even “live” people answering tickets still have to follow a script.

if they did everything you mentioned above, they would -marginally- reduce the time for the “review all applicants” phase.

yea but even with all the steps, there’s still no guarantee you picked someone trustworthy and not just faking it well to get into power.

in an ideal world, it would be a great idea. the only people that would volunteer would be the ones that truly want to help.
in the -real- world, it CREATES at least as much load on the staff as it would relieve.

we get more communication than i’ve ever seen from a startup mmo. if people don’t read it, that’s not imc’s fault.
they’ve stated what the cause of the problem was, and that they’re working on it. the maintenance was a step to improving it, not a solution.
what are you expecting, personal handwritten letters every day?

Matter of fact, they do need to solve lots of game issues. But being a developer myself I can say the connection problem is not something difficult to solve. Heck, the solution has already been pointed out in several forum posts. The lack of communication from IMC leads us to think they aren’t looking into it, which is the whole point. I want to play, even if the game has its issues. I don’t want to be forced to sit out while they fix everything, because no game is ever going to be one hundred percent fixed.

I agree, but I think that an annoucement is as much important as us waiting for them to really solve the problem. I don’t care waiting some days, but the lack of responses is indeed disrespectful.

I actually pay for this, I bought the DLC and I’m wasting my “Token time”. 3 days already.

They would not have the exact same functions available as staff.It’d be accounts with limited capabilities.Besides,I was talking about the ability to follow directions,which staff clearly does better than anyone here,irregardless of who it is.

If it was a new account,it would be filtered out automatically.Also,have never heard of that situation happening,and doubt it’s very likely.

It does matter,because some are what you mentioned,yes.But most are actually helpful.

No,you see who has earned the badges for great/helpful posts and it only shows those posts.Then you can see what is helpful and what isn’t fairly quickly.Likes are different,which is why I didn’t mention those.

Yes,there is a type of badge for being an active community member with a combination of what I mentioned above.

I already addressed that in my last post.

Most people are doing this because of how long it’s taking to receive any sort of answer.Once replied to properly it would go down drastically.The answers don’t have to be scripted,Julie has proven this many times.

Everything else I already addressed previously.It’s a little work initially,but becomes worthwhile and can continue if done right.

lol i’ve personally had a couple of stalkers, and briefly considered abandoning the forum account.
of course whether you consider me a “skilled helper” or not is entirely objective.

yes, but again… do most posts that get help actually get a solution marked?

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/badges

check again. it’s all about getting lots of likes/clicks.

and Julie appears to have gotten canned. how does that factor into your solution?

…30 days. It was supposed to be 30 days. It released on Mar.28 and I got mine on the 15th.

Now we’re going into mid-May for launch, instead of the start of May like planned…so I’ll get pretty close to 30 days, and anyone who paid out on the

Extension…

What did you do to earn stalkers? It depends,really.That’s again,not a common issue.

In threads with legitimate questions,they tend to.Usually so the answer can be found quicker in the future if the thread is visited again.

I will give you this one,it had been a while since I visited the page.Trust Levels could cover this however,depending on the criteria needed to move up a level on these forums.I know there’s a guide out there that says what they are,but the site administrator can disable that [which they have,since no one else has leveled up].If this was done,then they could perhaps be used in a way to help with this effort.

I’ve mentioned what Julie has done multiple times now.It factors into my solution because she has proven that people like personal responses that show the person on the other side cares.It makes a big difference.Imagine more than one person with even some of her passion actually having the power to help solve problems for the game they play and love.

I know it sounds hard to believe,but we could actually make this place tolerable.Or better yet…decent.They just need more help.

i provide a lot of information. not all of it is the information that people -want- to hear. like “no, you’re the one that didn’t bother to read the information and now you’ve missed out on the server transfer. why should they give -you- special treatment?”

this isn’t really news. and i personally liked what julie did, at least as far as what i saw. but what we like, and what the company considers appropriate are not always the same thing.

except that… the company simply cannot give volunteers that level of power.
firstly; most of the problems are problems outside of the game itself – IP bans because someone in that IP range was DDoS’ing the servers… player has a bad connection… player picked the wrong server… these sorts of things simply cannot be handled remotely by a casual customer service volunteer.

secondly, the in-game problems that a GM-level person actually -could- deal with requires giving players a level of power that could easily be abused.
–banning bots? bots are players, you can ban players. and then some dude gets in a fight over something, and you snap and ban the jerk. this is why every bot ban requires an investigation, to make sure that the person being banned is actually a bot, and not just someone that everybody ganged up on and reported en-masse.
(actually, other than banning bots, i’m not sure what the GM’s do in this game.)

in short, this volunteer position would be a glorified secretarial service. “thank you for letting us know. our techs will look into it as soon as they can. this is ticket #346578345.”
and no matter how spammy they get, you’re still not allowed to say to them “look dumb@ss, filing 10 support tickets a day isn’t going to do you any good, and the guys who fix the problem aren’t going to get to it any faster. siddown, shaddup, and wait yer turn.”

Sorry, I don’t get what you mean, lol. The free players are getting a delay, we’re not getting anything extended. I never paid for 30 days, it wasn’t stated that there would be a 30 days period anywhere. I paid for an early access, and I did get to access the game earlier.

The whole point is people paid for game access and are being unable to access it.

IMC is ignoring us because they dont have nothing to say they dont know how to fix this…

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.