Tree of Savior Forum

A different take on the game

Hello everyone! I apologize in advance if my english sucks, it ain’t my main language. I was grinding on the game and the maintenance dropped, so i thought i would go around on the forums a bit to see what people are talking about and i’m seeing this “the game is DYING” posts.

And so, as a very old player that got highly discouraged by the game back when it came out, i wanted to make a post about how i feel, knowing that i’m nothing but a beginner at the game right now, so let’s establish the position i’m in and the position i was in back then.

So to me, what is Tree of Savior ? It’s the successor of my dearly beloved MMO, Ragnarok Online. Fell onto RO accidentally and loved it, one of my first MMOs and i got some of my best gaming memories on it.

So when i hear that the autor(?) of RO was making a new game, i was hiiighly excited ! i took a look at the first images, and oh god it was everything i dreamed ! I hope the companies are going to make something incredible out of it ! Then i read about articles about the game. more than 200 classes, everyone will have something to play ! is that even realizable ?! i let the hype took over from me. as a Bard/Clown RO player, so many game failed to represent what a Bard class was supposed to be for me in a game, knowing how unique RO had it designed for me. When i saw that one dude playing the flute in the trailer, i was like “yes, this is it, he’s going to make it awesome again !”

Then the game came out. without trying to get more info, i picked my archer class, i knew for certain that bard would be into that branch. after enjoying the game by just leveling and doing quests, laid back on my chair a controller in my hand, i was like “this is so great, i can just relax as i play the game.”

But then it went downhill. i started looking up classes, and skill tree simulator, and i realised what the game was, and even more, i realized pied piper wasn’t even out. i thought okay, i’ll just prep myself for it then, no big deal !

But the grind got tough, really tough, i had my own class in my mind. “I’m going to be a Pied Piper with pets to defend myself, that’s going to be awesome !” So i played hunter first, and back then, you had to go multiple time through the same class to get all the spells.

Hunter was not a fun class at all, mainly because the pet was really good at bugging itself every 20 seconds. So eventually, i dropped.

I came back on the game sometimes later, everything got changed, but not the class system yet. Pied piper wasn’t out, still, now, you could run dungeons from Klaipeda via NPC, i thought that it was a pretty lame system, like okay, you guys just made all these maps, now they’re useless and i can just do everything from town ? But of course there was dungeon restrictions, but the amount of exp i would earn just from a dungeon i’m doing from TOWN was (and still is) insane. But technically it’s no problem, it’s just like FFXIV Duty Finder in the end. (I’m a huge FFXIV fan, catch me on these high end raids! :P)

Eventually, i kept grinding, thinking "well this is still more levels to get ready for pied piper! i achieved lvl 164 and stopped the game, because it was just boring. Pied piper would be forever unatainable, even after i heard the class finally came out, i checked the skill sim to see where it was, and all i could think was “but i gotta do all these boring stuff BEFORE playing what i feel like will be fun for me!” So i didn’t play. I went on and killed God Kefka with my static, that was fun, and challenging too!

Today i am back guys, after a friend called me on it. And i’m seeing the class system changes and i have to say i’m surprised, and very satisfied ! My gameplay experience increased, just by the fact that i could play the class i wanted. So to me the game really improved on that. and the grind feels less annoying! i’m doing my dungeons, i’m grinding at that place my friend brings me to, we’re killing monsters, i have the RO feeling again, feelsgreatman.

i feel like this is very important, and i just wanted to point it out and to share my experience with the game thus far, i’m no hardcore player of this one game, and i’m kind of scared of the high end content, i feel like it’s probably either too easy, or either it’s just too punishing for the sake of “see, there is difficult content” i wonder if i’m right ?

What the game lacks in my opinion is some good old War Of Emperium (WoE) a good GvG, where people would attack and defend castles ! no need to do it like RO! how about a matchmaking system ? no need for it to be GvG too then ! just make a party, tag for it, and then other players will complete your team. First round, you attack the castle, second round you defend it, the team that did the best wins ! sounds like fun to me!

The game will never be balanced too, so i think it’s important to play on the GvG( or at least MULTIPLE players pvp) as a good pvp system. let other classes fill the weaknesses of yours!

as for PVE right now i can’t say anything i’m just bashing monsters. For equipment, i heard it’s very RNG, i think if we adopted a system where gear is very easily obtainable, like REALLY REALLY EASY, say you get one good gear 100% per week, then you have to wait until next week. But then instead spend the difficulty ressources on high end content (make it more epic, challenging, idk if it’s like “one mistake = one shot” but if it is that’s just bad).

I’m just sharing my opinion on those ones. Overall my point is, the game isn’t as bad as you think, i truly hope there are people working to change and to listen to feedback, because the best MMOs out there are those who listened to feedbacks of their players. they’re those who have more than 15people connected in Klaipeda at 1h AM. and if i have to quote a free to play that is incredible and that talks a LOT to his community, i’d say take example on Warframe!

That’s it for me, thanks if you’ve read me through, i don’t think anyone will LOL, but i had to get this feeling off of my chest and write it down, Tree of Savior isn’t going in the wrong direction everywhere :slight_smile:

(Small edit : i’m a European player! so idk if the game is highly active in NA but in EU i don’t see many people. Also, when i talk about GvG & gear, i have no idea what i’m talking about in the end, i’m not even there yet LOL)

5 Likes

It’s good that you are enjoying yourself in TOS, not many can say that. Are you playing Pied Piper now? You never mentioned if you’re playing that class now since it’s been released.

Yes! i am, it is quite fun! it has that support aspect i really enjoy! and i got my hawk to defend me. Probably not at all a very optimal build, but i really don’t care, the concept of being a dude playing music to support his team and who got pets to defend him sounds really fun to me

I just want to say that if you ever get to legend raids that the 3-hit damage immunity that Lied des Weltbaum gives is a really cool thing to take advantage of. It’s been a surprisingly satisfying skill for me to use.

Let’s see if i make it that far :stuck_out_tongue: i’m less patient than my younger self when it comes to grinding, i want to be challenged more than doing the same thing on a long period of time to get something!

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.