Tree of Savior Forum

A big ole thread of complaints about restrictions and bad design

DISCLAIMER: This is a complaint thread. This is a complaint thread. This is a complaint thread. By responding to this thread, you acknowledge that you have at least read this sentence - so complaining about a complaint thread means you either have no reading comprehension, or you’re a troll and will be promptly ignored and flagged.

1. Why can I not trade without premium? Why is there a silly limit of trading WITH premium? I get not trading currency, but not even items - really?
  2. Why can’t I use Team Storage? Why is this a feature locked behind a premium token? I can’t even give my alts all the gear that dropped for them. I’m not going to pay for premium to just get this feature.
  3. It’s about ~$18 a month to pay for premium too. LOLWAT? I’ve never paid that much for a singular subscription - even to a triple-A title. That’s ridiculous.
  4. There’s this really annoying bug that happens when you switch characters, where “map completion” is shown for the previous character. Makes it impossible to complete the map without closing the game and re-opening it. Super annoying.
  5. Why are Megaphones still in game? Isn’t it obvious that disabling them until you can make them exploit-proof will solve a significant lag issue for the entire playerbase, while removing the ability for RMT-ers to spam the ever-loving-■■■■ out of us? What is the justification for not disabling this by now?
  6. If I organize a party for running a dungeon with friends, family or acquaintances - I should not be penalized for doing so. Yet you would rather I don’t party with them at all, and join the random-queue, just to get 600% exp. Why is a self-made party only worth 450% bonus? They should either both be 600%, or the bonuses should be switched.
  7. Fix the stupid statue in Orsha. It’s got a single pixel worth of clickable space at any point in time, so god damned frustrating.
  8. Why are the spawn rates so crappy? Some monsters spawn so quickly that you can’t kill them all before they’re running at you again - whereas others seem to be on 10+ minute respawns. This is artificially bottle-necking players if they happen to be quest mobs too.
  9. Mob prioritization system needs fixing. Right now you don’t get kill credit or loot if its your mob in multiple situations. Linkers don’t get tagging rights if they Joint Penalty, which is ridiculous. Also, if you don’t do the most damage, you don’t get the loot. Why are you screwing players who happen to not be the best at dealing damage?
34 Likes

I agree with all those complaints mostly with the retarded trade system and the retarded 1 slot team storage(that also reduces the item potential).

Also, why do we have to wait 48h to get the money from the AH?

5 Likes

Well thats obvious. There are tiny little hampsters running subprocesses for the servers in the background - they have to manually crank their hampster wheel in order to perform the math calculations and process tax exemption forms. 48 hours is actually a pretty good turn around time for BUREAUCRATIC PROCESSES THAT DON’T HAVE A REASON TO EXIST INSIDE OF A GAMING WORLD HOLY ■■■■.

2 Likes

Please… complain about losing potential is just idiot, when you use personal storage it’s the same as trading with yourself, as a trade you lost potential.

Edit: i don’t care about the other complaints, everyone has some kind of dissatisfaction.

Why should I lose potential by giving an item to one of my alts? Why should that be treated the same as trading it to another person? In fact, why should trading at all result in a decrease in the quality of an item? Where exactly is the logic in that?

If I hand you a pen, should it fall apart? If I make a sandwich and give it to you, should one of the pieces of bread catch on fire?

4 Likes

Think about it, if you get a pen, write a word and then gives to me. When i get the pen there are a litlle less inn then it should if it was new. Even if you just wrote a single word or a book.

Well actually forget about the potential thing, thinking it through made me realize it is good. The idea behind the potential in my opinion is to keep the economy in good shape as there will be a limit to trading a certain item so people will have to keep actually playing the game to get the items, but it is currently pointless since we dont have an economy to begin with… LOL

1 Like

Talking about the game issues… it’s pretty normal to lose “potential” on trades, this game is far from the first to have this kind of feature

There isn’t a reason to have it. This goes infinitely more for giving items to your own alts via storage. Even if there was some logic behind it losing potential from player to player, that should not apply when its to yourself.

Well… you reached the point in this feature, where you have to drop new itens e make people farm and not just trade or sell on market… we still dont have economy but early access and open beta are usually made for it… of course if this trade limitations remains then it will break ToS

I understand your complaints but… think if it is fair…

you dropped 2 equal itens with a friend, then you give 1 to your friend low level character and the other you give to your own low level character… does your friend deserve a inferior item?

even though none of the low chars dropped the item itself

I agree with everything in this complaint thread.

you forgot

10 - Why is the IMC staff not responding to 90% of the complaints

6 Likes

Yup, you’ve covered many of the major current problems.

Also, have people read some of the positive and negative reviews on steam? They’re pretty much echoing many of the major points you’ve described in this post.

you also forgot the fps drops and freezes m8

2 Likes

That might fit in #5. IIRC most of that is caused by megaphone spamming from the bots…

1 Like

I didn’t put any of the technical issues, as that is a fire they are trying to fight (somehow). I doubt IMC wants it either.

@matyuji_mys : Do you actually have a reason for supporting the potential-loss-via-trading system? Or are you just being a contrarian for the sake of being annoying? Sounds like you just think “because that is the way it is” is a good enough reason for a shitty system being in the game.

I was just trying to convince you that other player or a other char of the same team doesn’t have any difference about this feature.

And for your question, yes i like the potential loss idea, for me dropping or crafting the item yourself seems more valuable. And the fact tha always need someone to drop them again.

Really sorry for being annoying. You have your point of view as well.

Basically, matyuji_mys is openly admitting that he prefers to close his ears rather than listen to someone complaining about his beloved, perfect, flawless game.

1 Like

No, when i said that i meant, that potential loss complain was pointless, while the others are pretty understandable

For me the greatest problem is the lag and servers problems, because they knew the amount of players that wanted to play, still made a bad decision.

The other errors were kind of expectated considering CBT and korean server that still have lots of bugs