Tree of Savior Forum

78.6% Critical chance? MONK 3 Theocrafted build. Let's Discuss

Theocrafting Monk build

Lets discuss my build for Monk 3

For the status distribution i have

100 SPR 50 CON 100 DEX and REST TO STRENGTH

Regarding the build for the monk 3 with the path of Cleric 1 - Krivis 2 - Priest 1 - Monk 3.

The main point of going to krivis is to get Zalciai level 10 and Divine Stigma level 5 with Priest 1 monstrance this build if all goes well you will have 78.6 critical chance with alot of strength.

( Critical Rate - Monster Critical Critical Resistance ) * 42 / 280

Level 10 Zalciai

100 enhance

(69 + 100 + 100 + 200 * 1.3 ) - ( 101 - 20 + 100 * 0.8)

( 529 ) - ( 5 ) * 42 / 280

78.6 % Critical Chance

Level 10 Zalciai

100 from enhance

100 from SPR Status points

200 from DEX Status points

30% from monstrance

No Equipment

No Gem

Dullahan Critical Resistance

What do you think about this build? Is it viable? Or not?

Nope.

You’re confusing zalciai’s crit attack with crit rate. It does help crits by lowering enemy crit resistance but it is not very reliable on it’s own in that matter. (does not hit flying & 20s cd per use.)

My bad. Is this build viable with a physical DPS? Wait I computed again with a 273 normal monster putting 50 spr can useful until end game. Most of the monster will be having 0 critical resistance and having 300 Dex with no equips net you 58% of critical with the huge bonus of critical atk from zalcai and your str points.

As far as i know str is simply the best dmg option for pve for physical cleric builds, dex needs your base dmg to hit a certain treshold for it to start competing. (3500 base iirc.)
Clerics have a hard time hitting that amount due to low skill dmg and no access to 2 handed weapons.

Second best would be a str/dex hybrid, and there’s rumors of it surpassing full str with enough expensive gear. But there’s no proof to back said claims up.
Full dex and partial dex do work wonders in pvp though, as it affects both evasion and accuracy there.

Zalciai powered spr variants perform even worse solo, since it gets a 0.8 effective crit rate per spr point instead of 1.
And they have difficulties debuffing all enemies they fight as well.
But they do add a decent chunk of dmg for allies that deal physical dmg, making them somewhat interesting.

For crit chance & dmg calcs see: This will answer (almost) all of your questions about the STR vs DEX debate (pvp not included)