Tree of Savior Forum

[600+ VOTES! šŸŽ‰] Gacha poll, do we want it? IMC need to understand we're not koreans

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I think there a few reasons why the statistics and in game seem different.

The game naturally spreads players out a lot, so there just ends up being less people in the level range to do the dungeons. Dungeons are also unnecessary for basically the entire game, you can quest through basically everything which leads to the ā€œTree of Soloā€ joke. Why wait and take all the time to do a dungeon, when you can run a few maps and hit level 100 in just a few hours of exploring. I know I personally never really grinded in them much, I just rushed them and got my EXP from quests and exploration, with the occasional kill count, (other than the grinding walls of course.) Then thereā€™s bots which obviously skew the numbers as well. Also many players just hop on for an hour, maybe rush, do a map, whatever, then leave, and they just do that a few nights a week. All of this would explain why there are clumps of levelled players at grinding walls because thatā€™s when the Tree of Solo aspect doesnā€™t work anymore.

The servers canā€™t handle 60,000 to 30,000 people. Last time I checked or cared a channel only can hold some obscure low number like 100 people before becoming full. Youā€™d have every server channel full for the 2-3 hours or what ever your theory is that youā€™re trying to pitch.

1 Like

? Overall Player count ā‰  Concurrent/peak player count

EDIT: Seriously how is it hard to understand. Iā€™m not pitching a theory, there are 60000 people who launched the game, 30000 of which played for more than a few hours. Thatā€™s what the numbers say, thatā€™s it. The rest of what Iā€™m saying is just speculation, and Iā€™m interested in what other people have to think.

1 Like

Sure 30k players played a few hoursā€¦but then they either stopped or donā€™t play muchā€¦thatā€™s why the concurrent online population is still around 5k. The game needs more active players, not those who only play a few hours per week. (Or else things like queues wonā€™t improve outside of peak hours)

1 Like

That 4000 average can be 20000 different players all coming on at different times, some playing on different days, with their own schedules. Itā€™s clear there is a dedicated player base the comes on consistently, but itā€™s also clear that there is a steady stream of new players, most of which probably suffer from attrition and stop playing. I fully agree with you about needing more of these consistent players, and that IMC needs to step there game up when it comes to keeping more of the players playing consistently. My original response to you, was simply disproving the 4000 player number because itā€™s factually incorrect, the playtime suggests there are many long term players, (or hardcore short term ones,) while the average 4000 number further supports it.

Absolutely, itā€™s a serious issue that Tree of Savior suffers from. TOS certainly needs improvement when it comes to making the game more enjoyable instead of just a grind up the levels, not to say there is no fun in the levelling grind but it does get burdensome.

Tos is not dead yet guys :joy: at this rate we will have more ppl come to play.

2 Likes

New wave of bots selling silver/RMT/farming 24/7 ?

2 Likes

Sad R8 only stopped the bleeding it didnā€™t increase the 24-hour peak very much

1 Like

1 Like

Who are you? Did somebody hack your account? Kakakaka

1 Like

I donā€™t think 4000 average player count is particularly good, I just donā€™t like the statement TOS is dead, because the numbers disagree. I know you didnā€™t say that but itā€™s related to the idea behind it. You do raise very valid points about queuing and GVG, and the fact that the player is forced to stand there waiting makes it even worse. Iā€™m an Orshan, I understand the queuing pain. :sob:

1 Like

sad 24h peak is still around 5k. very bad. it used to be 12k peak a couple of months back. The party quest bug killed off too many. dunno who mention average player but I was talking about 24hour peak

Yeah that and the ongoing optimisation issues are the ones Iā€™d place the most blame on. My mention of the average player count was in response to @haukinyau0 and it was a decent a representation of what I was getting at. I do feel the same way about the peak player count though.

1 Like

I would eat the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of those big mac :hamburger:

2 Likes

It does affect the gaming experience. The players that are playing, even if they are very casual, still do affect it. They may be the ones shouting in chat to grind or dungeon. Part of what I said before, was the lack of dungeons as a necessity when it comes to EXP. I think overall we basically agree with each other when it comes to the causalities, just not the specifics. One of the things we have to remember is most MMOā€™s, like most games, are dominated numerically by more casual players, the problem with TOS is how little those players affect each other. But that has been a problem with the MMO genre for the past ten years, TOS just seems to amplify it, making it a much more obvious problem then in other comparable titles.