Tree of Savior Forum

50,000 Kills Later~

The thing is, most gear drops are dropping at (what seems to be) very strict intervals. The monster gems, golden anvils, exp cards, and most materials, are the only items I’ve noticed to behave with bare RNG.

i say we should consider all possibilities and then prove it wrong through constant experimenting.
isnt ignoring theory what u call, “closed minded”?
not to say just because it happened one or twice it should be made as fact.

1 Like

64858 Kills (~60k on channel)

Total:
6 Red Orbs
6 Blue Orbs
7 Monster Gems
8 Golden Anvils
30 Exp Cards
305 Bones
366 Rods
366 Clubs
2916 Shells

1 Like

I think you should be more open minded. There’s a number of people saying they noticed a trend in drops. Personally I find it interesting as its quite rare to have any inisight into how a games drop mechanics work. Before getting too worked up AFAIK there’s no such thing as true RNG and games use algorithms to make drops appear random. I know in older versions of Pokemon, pokemon IVs(stats) were linked to the time the pokemon was encountered.

Anyways your 2 gems within 200 kills on the same channel doesnt prove anything either way. The kill sample is far too small and although puts into perspective that this isnt concrete it doesnt disprove that items dont drop on some sort of cycle.

Anyways i’m not saying its fact, there’s noway to know 100% unless the devs leak that sort of info which will never happen. I just dont think its a bad idea to look into if there’s any similarities in how drops happen. I’ve seen alot worse theories based on alot less data.

That was my exact point with the 2 gems within 200 kills. The sample is too small. So is 3 people saying " I notice a trend". I don’t mind talk of " opinions " on the matter, but when I see things like

this going on, yeah no. This is downright misinformation. This is the exact postr that set me off, because if a new player read this, they’d think he has factual basis when all it is a hunch/opinion.

On the topic of RNG. Games use what are known as " seeds" for enhancement. That is why people have been able to abuse the system to get +15-+20 gear and losing 3-5 potential. In terms of drops, it is purely RNG based until said otherwise. Yes, it COULD be alogrithm based, I will admit this, but until there is CONCRETE proof, it is RNG based.

DPK System debunked. Check it out.

1 Like

In a nutshell.

Some low level is probably walking around with your white boater.

lmao

Yet there are so many people who have won the lottery twice.

There, now we have discredited eachother.

I enjoy all this discussion about the drop system. Too bad IMC won’t tell us how it works.

I just wasted 100hours to learn it. You have the path made, you just need to confirm for yourself. I recommend infrorocktors because of fastspawn rate and this “theory” of mine can be proven if you keep a log on a text file with the DPK drops and when they dropped (kill count) on same channel.

Edit: These are kills btw
16934(short rod)
16953(wooden club)
17124(short rod)
17159(wooden club)
17330(short rod)
17364(wooden club)
17529(short rod)

been killing turtles in a single channel.

Also some rare stuff like golden avils, orbs, exp cards and infro gem

This guy must be extremely lucky then. He’s from Varena server. :joy:
He confirmed about 12k kills.

Edit : Hid his Team Name, 'cause it’s not mine. :smiley:

I think this hat really might be bugged in NA xD people are getting it on other servers but still no confirmed drop on Klai or Orsha right?

You just disproved the DPK system, or the people claiming the rod is 200 kills.

The ones < than 200 can be attributed to other people randomly killing, but the 2nd --> 3rd one is 205 kills.

All this shows now is it is a 1/200 drop ( 0.5%)

Same with people getting gems within 200 kills of eachother. It is just people trying to make sense of RNG.

IDK if I’m correct or not.

I might have counted wrong because some randoms walked by and killed some turtles while I was testing it myself.

Read post #204.

Honestly, the player’s Adventure Journal clearly shows the White Ribbon Decoration Boater as a listed drop achieved thru normal looting. Otherwise the journal entry would not exist ie: if they just passed the item from a bot like some would claim. This person also stated he/she got the item a little over 2 months ago, the chances/algorithm may have changed since. It’s a little unfair to see some posts discredit this individual when they presented evidence of their immense luck (1455 kills).

Edit: Removed Hyperlink

Do you mind telling me what monster gems you got 2 of within 200 kills?

And I agree people shouldnt be treating it like fact, so far we’ve only seen “trends”. There’s nowhere near enough collective data to prove it and even that data can be tampered or altered.

Personally speaking i did notice a similar trend when i was hunting Melinas Staff, I got quite a few boots and gloves, i’d have to log in to check, but if i was there for awhile i would also get boot then glove (or vice versa: didnt think much into it at the time). I think there was one instance where the other didnt drop. By the time i finished i had nearly a 1:1 ratio of each which to me that seems a bit too coincidental, RNG is never so kind.

tanu flower?
ehehehehehe

In a group page of mine, another one got White Boater with 5700 kills only, if Dpk is a thing I feel sorry for those people who grind 100,000+ just for the boater.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I was unable to capture the hat as it was dropping due to it landing directly on me. You’ll also have to excuse my mouse acting oddly; it doesn’t work well when I use it through steam streaming.

Screenshots
http://i.imgur.com/2K3lDRm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ue0o9ou.jpg

98409 Kills (~90k in channel 9)

Time: ~34 hours. I think I pushed it too much. I was at 20k kills two days ago, but I likely wouldn’t have had time to do it this upcoming week.

Totals:
1 Boater
9 Red Orbs
9 Blue Orbs
9 Golden Anvils (doesn’t show correctly in the log)
8 Monster Gems (missed the one at 70k kills)
41 Exp Cards
419 Bones
570 Rods
571 Clubs
4369 Shells

I definitely believe there is a strong DPK element to this loot system, with a slight bit of RNG after the death count is reached (and it is a channel specific death count). The reason I’m saying this is due to the fact that if a club drops, you’ll always get a rod afterwards. The one exception to this rule is when the drop cycles of rods and clubs are extremely close to one another, and this is where I believe the very small RNG factor comes into play (edit: “For weapons, the respective class has double points in the dpk system. Meaning swordmans gets sword,2handsword by half DPK required of the other 3 classes.”). And only once did both a rod and a club drop at the same time (from a normal mob). While this may not sound like conclusive proof, a completely probability based drop system would definitely have two of the same item dropping consecutively. Lastly, I just want to say that this may possibly only apply to the infrorocktor map, and more testing should be done elsewhere.

As for the kill count requirement on the channels, it would be interesting to see two people do an experiment where one kills infrorocktors until a club or rod drops, and then have the second person start killing to see if a rod or club drops. If this test is repeated many times with the same results, I think it could be interesting.

Due to it being the end of the week (maintenance-wise), it could potentially be the reason for my kill count being sub 100k for the drop, and those who obtained it at a low kill count could have possibly farmed for it on channel 1 towards the end of the week (and perhaps obtained it from a map where a couple of people were farming for it). I definitely believe that anyone could have come into my channel and got the drop via RNG (after the kill count was reached, I mean).

13 Likes