Tree of Savior Forum

4 IMC: Reddit Spam Filter - allowed or not?

Hi IMC.

Can you please take a look at this and confirm if it’s allowed? I’m not the author.

In my case, shout chat spam makes client freeze for long (~7-10) sec time, which makes my gaming experience rather painful.

Thank you.

1 Like

just block the gold sellers its easy to do…

and also no it’s not allowed.

Thank you IMC representative.

15 Likes

They can’t put out an official stance on this, because allowing one external mod but not allowing others is too hazy for terms of service and official rules. The general idea is that things like this are frowned upon and bannable but they technically won’t ban you or get upset for using them as long as they don’t actually impact gameplay/economy/ect.

So don’t feel stressed or scared to use something like this. They will never make an official statement, but they probably won’t ban anyone for using this particular one either.

2 Likes

it’s not a mod even… it’s a program that modify your game. and connection and stuff. and it’s made by someone from outside IMC which means its a 3rd party program and thats against alot of companies rules

No, you can’t. However they can’t detect it, either. And even if they tried, packets can be intercepted from beyond the user environment (i.e.: from another computer or device connected as a bridge). It’d take a lot of effort to be able to detect and prevent this, for virtually no gain.

2 Likes

I honestly couldn’t care less whether its legal or not.

They couldnt fix the issue, someone did.
It works, my fps lag is gone, they can’t detect it, and if they waste their limited resources to detect people who use it… then this company has no future whatsoever, anyway.

10 Likes

No idea how a program that monitors and changes your network packets would ever be considered “ok” by a MMO.

But even it were, I’d still greatly advise against it. You have no idea what it’s sniffing, and your requests out likely contain some sort of auth info/token.

Sucks, they don’t allow some third party program that helps stop spammer. They said they are going to do something about it, prob when the game is actually out. it’s pretty bad as other games as well and I didn’t think it would be this bad before the free version.

At most this is a temporary fix. Spammers are using shouts because it’s the best way to reach players with the least amount of effort since creating accounts, processing refunds through steam, etc is a process.

But once F2P happens I fully expect to see masses of spammers not only in shout but also in /say chat, parking characters in nearly every map and channel they can, because there doesn’t appear to be any limit at all to how many messages you can send in /say, and no limit to how quickly you can spam them either.

I’d be surprised if the game is even playable the first few days of F2P launch at all. The sheer amount of spam they can generate in /say per area is absurd. Areas like Klaipeda statue and AH, with a few spammers per RMT seller site, all spamming at once? Loading in will probably crash most users lol

Hopefully IMC examines the code in his program, allows it temporarily (with the specific hash only), and really adds some limits we need in-game (like timer buffers between successive messages etc).

I personnaly use this program and guys, listen, I COMPLETELY DON’T FKG CARE if this is allowed or not, they didn’t give us a fix, this guy fixed the ■■■■■■■ god damn bot seller spam so i use this program, that’s it.

You should all use it.

2 Likes

I will likely use it, as I mentioned in shout chat earlier this week that someone should make an add-on to automatically block users who quickly type a few messages in succession. This program is a step up because you can control specifically what is blocked.

This ALSO gives users full control over blocking other languages from their chat by adding specific words that would be common, say, in Portuguese or Russian etc. But I think the community is already far too xenophobic and has no tolerance for diversity. I think IMC may weigh that in when considering the program, not only based on how it functions networking wise, but also how it gives users the freedom to alienate entire cultures.

Then again, who knows, maybe that will be a good thing. Maybe we’d see less complaining once people understand they can block other regions from their shouts by using words specific to those languages in their blacklist. Meh.

I may use it specifically to get rid of my massive fps drops whenever vgold spams their crap. But I’m going to be careful and wait until source is released. No source, no way. I’m not going to risk backdoor shenanigans.

1 Like

I’m so xenophobic that I’ve just put the alphabet in there.
That’s how the game should be. \o/

The only real problem with this program is that it’s closed source, so you’ll have to trust Laskon that it will not do anything nasty on your computer.
(And yeah, it’s ~against~ the rules, but if you want to play the game with spambots, it’s your choice.)

I’m more than okay using this until a global chat lag fix is found.

Frankly if they go after us over RMTers then IMC has their priorities wrong…

You should at least summon @Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ethan to this topic if you want some attention.

BTW I don’t think you will get an answer untill monday.

ok with that, i’m not using it yet

then have fun with your perm ban

Enjoy being a crying lapdog.

i know how to block them it isnt so hard imo.