Tree of Savior Forum

21:9 aspect ratio tons of overlay elements still completely off axis

So this is still happening 21:9 aspect ratio tons of overlay elements still completely off axis

Bug Description :

Gameplay elements off of axis

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Own a 21:9 Monitor
  2. Play Tree of Savior
  3. ???
  4. Profit

Screenshots / Video :

Monster attacks off axis in 21:9 Aspect Ratio Resolutions (3440x1440)

Map sub area names off axis in 21:9 Aspect Ratio Resolutions (3440x1440)

Clean

MS Paint

We had this bug for player created shops, they were all off axis but then you had a patch that fixed it, why didn’t you fix the rest whilst you were at it?

It’s now affecting addons too, Look at this cool addon that shows you the name and rarity of dropped items in the world without holding ALT , notice something?

Off Axis, off axis, off axis, again and again and again. all of this stuff looks correct on 16:9 1920x1080, and we were told Tree of Savior was being made for 21:9 too.

Here is the Korean tree of savior team with their 21:9 monitor in house during development before the game was out in beta https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/3fpype/tree_of_savior_a_new_korean_mmo_supports_219_and/

System

Monitor 21:9 Aspect Ratio Monitor.

2 Likes

Just to reiterate, we already had this bug before with player shops apearing up and left of peoples heads in the game (this exact same bug) but you fixed it.

Please apply it to these other elements of the games interface :sad:

It’s gonna take me a bit of time to get back to you on this.
And to be honest you are talking to an aspect ratio layman :tired_face:

If you change the aspect ratio in settings to something smaller, everything is fine though, correct?
You are just concerned about the aspect ratio settings for a 21:9 ratio monitor since there was talk about this during the game’s development?

1 Like

All right, aspect ratio is like the shape of the picture, old square monitor/TV, they were all 4:3 , the resolution is different on larger screens but if the shape is the same that’s the aspect ratio, so you might have had an old 640x480 monitor and upgraded to a monitor that 800x600 looked better as the default resolution but the shape was still the same (square.)

Later on we all went to Widescreen TV’s/Monitors again the shape is now a rectangle rather than a square that’s 16:9 aspect ratio, doesn’t matter if it’s a 1920x1080 or a 1280x720 the shape was the widescreen rectangle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16:9 wiki

Finally we have Ultra Widescreen which is 21:9, typical desktop and game resolutions are 2560x1440 and 3440x1440

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21:9 wiki

this one has some very useful comparison pictures straight at the top of the article that show 4:3, 16:9 and 21:9 side by side

Tree of Savior is certified™ to work on all of these aspect ratios, this isn’t some kind of personal favour to me to get a game to work on my weird monitor purchase as a fan plea. This is a bug with one of the supported resolutions and I’ve even heard this bug was on the more recent Japanese Tree of Savior release and fixed very quickly.

Being that it’s fixed on the Japanese Tree of Savior I have no doubt it’s already fixed on the Korean version too.

Ii’ll also be spending some time taking in game screenshots at 4:3 , 16:9 and 21:9 without any MS Paint arrows drawn over or any resizing them in case you need to send them anywhere to anyone or use them as full references.

(The only reason I didn’t already do these screenshots at diffrent resolutions when I made the topic is because it crashes sometimes just flicking between them but I guess i’ll take one for the team )

And here they are!

Map Locations, Raw Screenshots Diffrent Aspect Ratios

4:3 Aspect Ratio, Resolution 1024 x 768 Map location names are correctly at their location

16:9 Aspect Ratio, Resolution 1280 x 720 map Location names are correctly at their location

21:9 Aspect Ratio, Resolution 3440 x 1440 map location names are very far off location (up and left) or you could say off the axis.

Monster Casting Bar / Spell names, Raw Screenshots Different Aspect Ratios

4:3 Aspect Ratio, Resolution 1024 x 768, The Turtles casting Pain Barrier have “Pain Barrier” written at their location

16:9 Aspect Ratio, Resolution 1280 x 720, The Turtles casting Pain Barrier have “Pain Barrier” written at their location

21:9 Aspect Ratio, Resolution 3440 x 1440, The Turtles casting Pain Barrier have "Pain Barrier written very far off (up and left) you could also say it’s off axis.

Addon Developers

A Japanese addon developer made a great addon to show the name and rarity colour of dropped items without holding down the ALT key on the keyboard which is incredible for control pad users as there is not a shortcut for this on the control pad! and you don’t want to put down the control pad and then press the ALT key and then pick up the control pad again. Lets see how it looks on the different aspect ratios.

4:3 , 1024 x 768 , Item name under item’s picture

16:9, 1280 x 720, Item name under item’s picture

21:9, 3440 x 1440, Item name waaay off (very far up and left) also best described as off of the axis!

:heeey:

This was a lot of effort, I hope it goes to help fix this problem!

Edit!:

Right from the start I wanted to say “…And it worked correctly in the Beta of Tree of Savior International”

But I couldnt be 100% sure my memory was serving me correctly and I did not have the proof, but I went back, back in time through my screenshots and found this gem.

Check it out, it’s a 3440x1440 screenshot from the 22nd of November 2015 with completely correct map names on the right axis.

Now I can say with confidence, Please fix this really really really old display bug that’s been there since the game went live but-worked-in-the-beta. Thank you!

:satisfaction:

2 Likes

Thank you for being so thorough with your inquiry! I read through your whole post and it was very helpful.
Now I completely understand the issue you are facing.

However, I have to be honest with you, it will take time to address this problem with 21:9 aspect ratios since this isn’t a high priority at the moment. I will try to direct your concerns to the right person, but I cannot promise that a change will come in the immediate future.
:sad:

3 Likes