Tree of Savior Forum

2 Highlander+ 2 Barb or 1 Highlander and 3 Barb?

Hi guys,

I am doing my swordsman and not quite sure whether to take

A) 2 Highlander -> 2 Barbarian -> Doppel
and use Chopper, Cleave, Seism, Crosscut and Skyliner

or

B) 1 Highlander -> 3 Barbarian -> Doppel
and not have Crosscut and Skyliner but stroner Cleave and Seism

Which one would you guys recommend and why?

Also, should I focus more on STR or DEX?

Kindly :slight_smile:

3 highlander and no barb, u can get corsair or peltasta instead
get 180 base dex, around 50-100 con and rest STR

I recommend Peltasta -> 3 Barb -> Dopple.

Simply because peltasta will help you and your group alot in pve. Also in pvp you can put on a shield and use all your barbarian and whirlwind on dopple anyways.

The only reason why you should consider taking highlander is for crown. Other than that highlander is a really shitty class.

1 Like

u sir have no knowledge about swordsman

I would not recommend taking barbarian to circle 2 and not taking it to circle 3. The attributes you get on circle 3 help WarCry and Frenzy so much.

I re-rolled from a C3 Highlander.

If you think any of the highlander skills do damage past lvl 170 your joking.

u probably used a bad build (stats and skills)

a lot of highlanders are actually rerolling now and are complaining with the lack of dps thanks to ktos differences

they are probably using a bad build (stats and skills) xD

hmm yeah probably I don’t really care since I took barb but these past few days i’m not seeing a lot of highlanders anymore, lol

most doppels I see now are either hop3 or barb3

but for the first week, there were a LOT of highlander c3s.

Here, with the stats i said above

this would be my personal choice for highlander build
and u have to use ALL the skills. catar stroke for example, lvl 1 only, but u WILL USE IT A LOT, with the attribute it does A LOT of dmg, even high level

and of course the 1700 base dmg barb skills will hit harder low lvl, ur dmg is like 200-300 lol. u only will be better than barbs 150-200+

and don’t forget that peltasta is an option instead of corsair, corsair is better if u want more pvp
and if the changes to Ktos gets here, getting barb c1 is a must, so no corsair or peltasta

You think you can play as a DPS Swordsman? No Peltasta?

Face reality.

Being Peltasta 1 - Highlander 3 now and soon rank 6.
I can’t decide anymore if i should go Doppel 2 :confused: Would my build be any good at endgame?
Or maybe Fencer2 or Fencer1>Shinobi or Doppel>Shinobi a better shoice?

If you blindly listen to others, that’s your problem. I won’t listen these whiners before i tried my character first. I still play with what class I like. Have they max their attributes of skills? They got their stats right?

Moreover, the game is still early access. No major patch update yet. Do people even know what early access is?

I agree HL pretty weak on mobbing. but Crosscut + skyliner is still pretty powerful on bleedable thing 1v1, beside that, barb is superior in every way. (exp if you party with HL3, they give you armor break, but you don’t give them +400atk and +50 crit rate)

without 0cd Skyliner HL is pretty bad ! I’d say go with pelt -> barb.

Cleave would like to say hi. People way underestimate how hard that skill hits.

hit once, lol, moulinet hits 6 times and have +50% crit, a lot better than any barb skill. and u need to stun to cleave work, so its not good on bosses or real pvp

skyliner is double dmg on bleed enemies (and hit twice with 3 overheats and low cd), so it scales better on higher levels, same with bleed that goes with STR. crown, cross guard, skull swing (this one is golden), all awesome and scales great. and u can get peltasta or corsair too

i really dont see why go barbarian over highlander if u want 2h sword.
if u consider kTOS changes u only need barb c1, that u can still get going highlander c3

Let them learn the hard way. There are too many of these “expert newbs” lately that that disregard the bajillion hours other people have spent to inform the masses.

I don’t even get why these threads still keep popping up. There are 2 extremely comprehensive swordsman guides already. They are even pinned, you can’t not see them.

Yeah, I find that anyone who is talking about their experiences who doesn’t state that they have a character past level 200+, I simply ignore. Anyone who does say they are 200+ and tell a different story to all the other 200+ experiences posted so far, I would be questioning their build and stats. If they’re not willing to provide, then they are most likely trolling so just ignore them.

What @c2gaming said above.

You dont need to play the game and experience disaster after 200+, because someone already did it for you! Im pretty sure they have decent attributes/equips/circles and stuff.

Dont you trust people?

Gotta wait for the patches.