Tree of Savior Forum

140DG Speed runs

These days @destineee88 and me attempted to continually improve our timings for the 140DG. It was a whole different level of fun and invokes more thoughts than normal runs. Took on @ZeroFoxGiven’s suggestions to quell the boredom of dailies (Solmiki + Saalus)

So many things to consider:

• Build advantages (differences between App and Ranger3 in SR builds, Spiral Arrow has better advantage due to it not freezing the character on cast)

• Optimising movement routes, when to rebufff and when to use a position burst (Caracole)

• Learning buffing tricks such as Lima-Jump Cancel to continually move forward without the 0.6secs of movement stun

• Gearing optimisation, like balancing of mspd to clear monsters without much backtracking

My time is 5:58 …

Desi has much better timing with non transcended gear, 5:50 (5:45 if didn’t get CCed). Mouse mode > Keyboard?

What’s your timing on 140dg? Any tricks to teach us on how to improve our timings?

4 Likes

Ah, missed doing this.

Too bad I had to switch to a SapperFalcon build at the last day of reset event due to wanting to do higher ET/Solmiki levels without investing too much in gear since I decided in the end that I just couldn’t main it (I keep going back to my damn swordie #SwordForLife). I guess either way didn’t really matter since I’ve just stopped playing for the time being until they push new, interesting content and/or improve PVP.

I think SR3 is still the fastest build that can clear this dungeon in terms of gear efficiency. I wonder what build, especially non-archer, can come second.

Would’ve been nice if they just remove this annoying stuck-in-place buff animations, considering how buff-intensive gameplay is for most builds in this game.

If you think about it, it would make sense that mounted classes don’t need to be temporarily immobile when buffing since the one casting is the player, not the mount. Mount-exclusive buffs like Trot and Limacon can be considered exceptions.

I was thinking in not using Swift Step to try to gain some time, it’s one shooting everything critical or not anyway.

I do understand where IMC is coming from for adding the 0.6s cast time for many buffs and skills. It is mainly for players to find the short frame of time to counter/kb the opponent before the skill gets cast, but they aren’t really trough about it. Some skills like Ein Sof makes it hard to counter as it kind of gets activated within its 0.6s cast time.

However I do agree some skills such as Limacon, Running shot etc removing their stuck-in-place buff animation though. It makes the gameplay more fluid and not ‘jerky’.

Yeah, SR3 is currently still the fastest build to clear 140dg. Imo non archer builds that can clear fast will probably be a PD2 cleric, but need to limit the matk (lower the matk by using a 170/220 rod???) so that the monsters can live long enough to spread black steam vapor before they die?

@Valfor Yep not using swift step can shave off around 5-6secs. Desi is still using it but can clock in much faster than me not using it. ><

If you’re geared enough to 1 shot mobs with limacon then the only thing gating your clear time is movement speed and attack speed. Here’s a few tricks you can use.

• Movement speed gear. Hats can give +1 movement speed, windrunner gives an additional 3, and karacha crossbow for another +1 movement speed

• Alchemist lv15 movement speed pot for another +3

• Setting up lv10 basecamp outside of dungeon and having a chrono (a friend or maybe another account) to use haste and quicken while you’re under the effect of basecamp will give you 4 minutes of haste & quicken, enough time to clear the whole dungeon if you 1 shot mobs

With that much movement speed you can probably clear in about 3 minutes

2 Likes

Good tips.

I guess the only thing that’s going to really hold back an optimal setup would be the delay on how silver gets auto-looted since the main reason for running this dg in the first place is to earn silver. It’s really annoying how you’re already on top of the silver but have to wait a sec or two (or just run by it again) before being able to auto-loot it.

Not sure if it’s just me having that problem or if it’s caused by ping.

Only real tip is:

Get a +13 Manamana or Aspana (+3 with Appraiser gets you to 11 and 16 for bonuses).

Funnily enough I tested this dungeon with a friends Chrono and because of how fast we moved and killed mobs the silver would be left behind, not looted.
1 Like

what are the rules to the speed running?

Currently for me and desi we just use pardoner buffs and our gear to the runs, since is a farming run we don’t use any skill scrolls and such besides stamina pills.

LoL! It became a first world problem :confounded:

Hi! Less than 6 mins? Would you mind sharing how and with what setup? Thanks!

Think a baseline for 6mins clear will be roughly:

• 3.8k+ secondary physical atk
  • Token enabled for movement speed
  • Additional +3 mspd (from windrunner or combination of headgear/karacha/manamana/potion)
  • SR3 lv15 limacon with around lv60 attribute.

Route wise can take reference from Desi’s video.

Edit:

Thank you for being one of those who cares about this thread. Since out of so many other threads you decide to grace this humble thread with your presence. Didn’t know you view it as so important, thanks again. :3

Really? you speaking on behalf of everyone else does not seem true Mr. Self Important since i find this thread rather amazing since : 6minutes per run = estimated 250k silver and thats 750k silver/18minutes. So rather than who the ■■■■ cares i find this rather informative contrary to what you said.

Well, I am not part of those ‘everyone’ I guess. :sweat_smile:

Even primary school kids know that time is money. The more time you save in a dungeon, the more time you have in other aspects of the game (and maybe real life)

If you are not into min-max ing, maybe you can go back playing doll up in Tree of Fashion. That popolion body suit might suit your 20m dungeon runs

I tried a run without acitvating Swift Step, and a better route optimization at the room after the first ghost room.

Result : 5 min 40s(video is 5 min 43s but was due to autoaiming error at the end lol, round down)

2 Likes

Do u know guys if u can one shot the mobs with a double stack with good trans/upgrade? How many stages/numbre do u need? (the point is, what’s the min p atk to one shot them w/o bless

I would say 4k+ secondary wep attack…sacrement and cafrisun always help with the damage.

Would you please tell me if you are using mouse mode? You aim very accurately at the mobs, unlike me who use the keyboard… feelsbadman

your auto aim speed is too fast